Man sues for $1 over right to wear skirt in public

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
Man sues for $1 over right to wear skirt in public

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - A man sued the New Orleans Police Department, claiming he was harassed by an officer who threatened to arrest him for wearing a black pinstriped skirt to municipal court. Jeremy Don Kerr is asking for $1 in damages, a ruling that his rights were violated, and an order against barring access to public facilities because of gender stereotyping.

The department hasn't been served with the lawsuit and hasn't answered the claim in court.

Kerr filed the civil rights lawsuit last month. He said he finds skirts more comfortable than pants, and wears them with button-down oxfords or T-shirts.

And he said women love it.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

People should be able to wear what the hell they want, God knows we need more diversity and imagination not less.
(Not that I am planning to wear a dress anytime soon, even if I do have great legs ;))
If someone is offended by a Man in a skirt then they should go and live in a dark cave where nobody will bother them or has to put up with their preconceptions or prejudices.

I hope that officer never goes to an Eddie Izzard show. :p

Do not watch if you are easily offended.

By the Way Eddie is not Gay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Rusty....
That reminds me..... those slinky 4 inch stiletto's you borrowed last week ... can I trade you my 6 inch thigh high boots to get them back by Saturday night?
thank you sweetie.....xoxox

Maybe they should harrass WOMEN for daring to wear PANTS in public. I am sure this will cost them way more than $1, but in principle, is no different.

Sometime back in the 1980's and 1990's we had a TV show called "That's Life", and one of the things they tried (and failed) to do was to introduce "Man skirts", based on a masculine interpretion of the womens garment, influenced by tribal wear in places such as Fiji, where a man in a "skirt" is not at all out of place.

Maybe they should harrass WOMEN for daring to wear PANTS in public. I am sure this will cost them way more than $1, but in principle, is no different.

Sometime back in the 1980's and 1990's we had a TV show called "That's Life", and one of the things they tried (and failed) to do was to introduce "Man skirts", based on a masculine interpretion of the womens garment, influenced by tribal wear in places such as Fiji, where a man in a "skirt" is not at all out of place.

What about kilts? Not any difference...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back