Lucky Nugget/Prima skin

pokeraddict

Webmaster
After an invite from Lucky Nugget I tried it out. There are many things I liked about it, a few things I did not. I'll start with the positive.

I am much more detailed in this review since I was invited through the board here and felt they wanted a detailed review so I deposited $50........

1. Money added and freeroll tourneys. I played in a $2000 guaranteed tourney that was about a $1000 added tourney. This gave the players a 200% return on their entry, what a great deal. This was some of the worst tourney play ever. I saw people calling all in with garbage, one guy called my JJ all in with K2o. I saw people getting knocked out with 55 A2 K9 Q8 I got halfway and made a good play going over the top all in on a bad player and he called me with an ace rag into my 99 and caught in ace, yet another bad play. The tourney stat that shows what place your in, how many players left, avg and low/high chips is a great thing to have. Only stars offers this that I know of, all the others make you keep a separate lobby page open. I will participate in these tourneys often since the play is so bad and the return so high.

2. Ring games....... I played at 3 1/2 games and 2 2/4 games in my first 6 hours. The players are just plain fish! I'm up over $150 at this low limit and it has been a steady upward motion. Cant bluff these guys in the lower limit, they will call you down with nothing. Just have to be patient.

3. They offer a wide range of deposit options including prepaidatm, my favorite.

4. About 6th place in terms of size according to pokerpulse which is good, about the biggest I like to play in. At this size service can still be there as well as promos like the freerolls and $$ added tourneys but yet still offer a wide range of games/limits.

5. 6 MAX tables are the best and party doesnt listen, they only offer short games in 1/2 or 5/10+ no 2/4 or 3/6 short. Many player prefer a fast game at any limit

6. I like the different colors the player turns if they folded making it MUCH easier then many rooms to see who is still in a hand.

The negatives

1. I cant find a rake schedule, this is one of my peeves, where is it or is there not one posted? Couldnt find one at prima either. The 1/2 rakes above the standard $1 max does it go to $2? $3? but the rake on 2/4+ is $1/$20 and NL and PL is $.25/$5 both. This should be posted in plain view for players fairness. This is my # 1 complaint.

2. no sign up bonus but there is a $10 no deposit bonus

3. It took me forever to find the option to split multiple tables into different windows, if i had not found that I think I would have given up playing mulitple games and could not imagine playing 3 under the default way of one window for all. It would seem to me the default should be multiple windows like all other rooms do and if someone likes the option of one window they could click that.

4. I could not find an option to turn animation off. The window would tell me "Jack high" before I could see my cards, there must be a way to speed this up. The software was otherwide fast when players paid attention and did not have connection issues.

5. Only stud and omaha high, there is no offer of H/L omaha or 7 stud, more popular versions of the game that create more action. In the rules H/L is even mentioned in an omaha rule, maybe I just didnt find it?

6. If I call a player down and beat him I should get to see his cards, this only happens when a player is all in. I cant find hand histories either. I've never played somewhere I didnt get to see a hand I called down.

Last edited:
It took until my 5th ring game and 2nd tourney before I found someone who knew how to get a hand history, this should be made more obvious then "playcheck" to me that doesnt look like it would be a hand history. Also it makes me sit out a hand to add on to my chips, why is this? Cant it just add them while im folded to be there next hand? Not trying to be critical you seemed to want feedback. Overall i like it

Last edited:
Lucky nugget please check out hand # 30,939,590 in the 7500 guaranteed tourney, the rules clearly state in fixed the bets are 1 bet and 3 raises in limit tourneys, there were 10 raises in that hand before flop. This is obviously a bug. Nowhere are 10 raises allowed in limit and the rules agree with that. I called a big blind steal with QTs and then it went raiseathon so I kept calling thinking im already in, it has to be done soon but it kept going. This is something that needs to be fixed ASAP as it gives colluders an easy opportunity to come to these tourneys and cheat it up plus it defeats the purpose of a limit tourney.

In that hand I got rivered by a hand that had no business raising it up. In hand # 30948828 it happaned again to my advantage I had AA and flopped a set and it was the nuts. Even though it was to my advantage I still must say this bug defeats the entire purpose of a limit tourney.

WHATS GOING ON?? This tourney is advertised as add on and rebuys, I would have played alot different if it wasnt. I get knocked out on a risky draw knowing I can rebuy and addon cause its right at break and it knocks me out, after this all the players start to ask "why cant I add on?" The tourney was not as advertised, this is disappointing considering how much I liked the tourneys I played in before.

Last edited:
I found another bug or what I consider a bad idea in the tourney software. I played in a $1000 freeroll of my table of 10 only 3 showed up. I figure like any other tourney software these no shows will be booted after 5-10 minutes. During this time the player with position on the no shows is constantly stealing blinds. After a while I ask the two players who showed when the other players get booted they say "they dont" This does not provide a fair tournament because like I said the player who showed up with position on the 7 no shows is easily gonna win the table. He was so far ahead when I finally gave up and went all in on crap. Maybe this is done to be fair to the no shows if they show up but if you arent seated at a freeroll when it starts or within a grace period its too bad and it certainly isnt fair to those who showed. This also makes the tourney take much longer then it should.

I'm sorry if you think I'm giving you and your software a hard time, I'm trying to be 100% honest in an attempt to help you improve you software which is what it looked like you invited me to do. I played alot today and won about $350 and did a test $100 cashout to see how fast it is. It of course is not all bad and a player that is not as experienced as me would hardly notice the things I have. It is obvious with 100 tables going the network is doing something right, with an improvement maybe it could dethrone party since they obvious have no clue or just plain dont care and of course none of the big 4 offer anywhere near the tourney promos your network offers and none of the big 4 accept prepaidatm something that alot of poker players use due to their dislike for neteller. I am one of them so I only withdraw to netller if I plan on putting it in one of the big 4 for a tourney. If any of the poker rooms on the list that I have done reviews for wanted me to post a detailed list of pros and cons I'm sure I would find many things that needed improvement with the exception of Paradise (I wont play there for other reasons) and Poker Stars where the games are so tight it isnt fun except for their tourneys.

I must say the two things I like the most are the 6 max 2/4 and 3/6 tables that many rooms do not have and the freerolls and money added tourneys. I see why you do not need a first deposit bonus since there are $40 freerolls for those who have just registered all day long so I take that back as one of the minuses. I actually encourage people to at least try you out for the promos and the weak ring games, the 6 max tables I played at had 50%-65% flop % and higher pot averages then normal full games. Although I had alot of improvment suggestions I dont think it took away a whole lot from the overall experience except for the tourney situations where there were no rebuys and the freeroll no show issue.

Wow, very detailed and thorough. Thank you very much for visiting and playing at our site. Here are our responses to the things you didn’t like:

1. I cant find a rake schedule, this is one of my peeves, where is it or is there not one posted? Couldnt find one at prima either. The 1/2 rakes above the standard $1 max does it go to $2? $3? but the rake on 2/4+ is $1/$20 and NL and PL is $.25/$5 both. This should be posted in plain view for players fairness. This is my # 1 complaint.
This is very strange, as it should display the rake table under the game information section. We’ll check this and make sure that it is available.

2. no sign up bonus but there is a $10 no deposit bonus
The $10 free is very much for players who are new to the site (and to poker) to get in and feel the experience of playing poker. There is a sign-up bonus in the works though and will be available soon, so keep a watchful eye on the site.

3. It took me forever to find the option to split multiple tables into different windows, if i had not found that I think I would have given up playing mulitple games and could not imagine playing 3 under the default way of one window for all. It would seem to me the default should be multiple windows like all other rooms do and if someone likes the option of one window they could click that.
That is certainly a fair comment – give the choice of having the option of different windows or all tables under a single window. We’ll look into the possibilities of doing this. Although, when you open multiple tables, they do appear in seperate windows or are we missing something?

4. I could not find an option to turn animation off. The window would tell me "Jack high" before I could see my cards, there must be a way to speed this up. The software was otherwide fast when players paid attention and did not have connection issues.
Do you mean the hand description option? If that is what you are referring to, then you can disable it by going to the poker table options field under the options tab in the menu and un-checking the hand description box.

5. Only stud and omaha high, there is no offer of H/L omaha or 7 stud, more popular versions of the game that create more action. In the rules H/L is even mentioned in an omaha rule, maybe I just didnt find it?
This is coming soon and should be available with the next software release as far as we know. This is looking to be happening within the next month.

6. If I call a player down and beat him I should get to see his cards, this only happens when a player is all in. I cant find hand histories either. I've never played somewhere I didnt get to see a hand I called down.
This is a known problem and the developers are currently working on rectifying it. We don’t have an exact date as to when it will be resolved, but we can assure you that it is being worked on.

You can view your hand histories by going to PlayCheck in the menu. This will give you full hand history details and you can go as far back as 21 days for hand history information. If you are looking for information that is older than 21 days, then let our support desk know and they will arrange to get the details for you.

All in all, we think this was great. Many thanks to you for giving up time to play and give a review of the site and software. We’ll do our best to follow up on all your concerns.

Kind Regards,
Lucky Nugget Poker

Whoops, it seems that you've added a lot more which we need to look at. Here we go one by one:

It took until my 5th ring game and 2nd tourney before I found someone who knew how to get a hand history, this should be made more obvious then "playcheck" to me that doesnt look like it would be a hand history. Also it makes me sit out a hand to add on to my chips, why is this? Cant it just add them while im folded to be there next hand? Not trying to be critical you seemed to want feedback. Overall i like it
Good observation Pokeraddict. We’ll address this with the team here to see where it can be improved. We’ll also look into your request about having to sit-out in order to bring new chips to the table.

Lucky nugget please check out hand # 30,939,590 in the 7500 guaranteed tourney, the rules clearly state in fixed the bets are 1 bet and 3 raises in limit tourneys, there were 10 raises in that hand before flop. This is obviously a bug. Nowhere are 10 raises allowed in limit and the rules agree with that. I called a big blind steal with QTs and then it went raiseathon so I kept calling thinking im already in, it has to be done soon but it kept going. This is something that needs to be fixed ASAP as it gives colluders an easy opportunity to come to these tourneys and cheat it up plus it defeats the purpose of a limit tourney.
We’ve checked the hand you specified and that particular tournament was No Limit, which is why all those raises were allowed. You can confirm this by accessing PlayCheck and the game description will be for No Limit.

In that hand I got rivered by a hand that had no business raising it up. In hand # 30948828 it happaned again to my advantage I had AA and flopped a set and it was the nuts. Even though it was to my advantage I still must say this bug defeats the entire purpose of a limit tourney.
We couldn’t find the details with this hand number but if it is the same tournament you’re referring to, then it is as it should be, as the tournament was no limit.

WHATS GOING ON?? This tourney is advertised as add on and rebuys, I would have played alot different if it wasnt. I get knocked out on a risky draw knowing I can rebuy and addon cause its right at break and it knocks me out, after this all the players start to ask "why cant I add on?" The tourney was not as advertised, this is disappointing considering how much I liked the tourneys I played in before.
We haven’t had any other complaints surrounding this. Could you give us a few specifics so that we’re able to investigate further? For instance, once you’d bought into the tournament, did you have any other funds sitting at a ring game table at the time that you wanted to rebuy? Reason is that it could be that at the time of attempting the re-buy/add-on you might of had funds committed to a ring game and when checking your balance for more chips, gave the error that you were unable to re-buy.

If you can give us any information possible surrounding this we’d be appreciative.

Thanks again!

Kind Regards,
Lucky Nugget Poker

This tournament was the $7500 guaranteed it was listed as a limit with 2 rebuys and 1 add on. Its odd to have rebuys and add ons in limit but I thought thats the way its done for this tourney. Many others made this observation too. In the hand # you saw where there 10 raises notice how EVERY raise is the same amount? Of course if it were no limit that would not have happened. I could not figure out what others were complaining about before I got knocked out they kept saying "everyone needs to email the manager" It's obvious now that this tourney was suppose to be no limit and it was programmed wrong. Not the first tournament I've played at that was wrong on the net. I cant imagine I was the only one of 200 people that emailed this but if you look at my hand histories for the tournament every raise was the same increment.

I still cant find the rake schedule, I notice under tournament rules it says "there is no tournament rake" but under ring game rules there is no rake section.

With the multi game window option when i opened a second game in the lower left hand corner there are the buttons "lobby 1 2 3" before I found the option it was irritating to have to click between them instead of being able to spread them out on my large monitor, many players would not care.

The animation off just means that I dont have to wait for the animation to deal the cards they are just instantly there, not a big deal. Download paradise for example to see a difference. More of an observation then a complaint.

Like I said this was a good experience these tournaments were odd though. My cashout that I made at midnight was cashed out around 9am this morning. Considering the time of day and who knows what time zone the back end is on this is very fast. Nine hours for a middle of the night withdraw request is as good as it gets.

Here is another suggestion. I am a big notekeeper and if you have ever checked out party, absolute or paradise you notice that if you hover the mouse over someones name, or on party there is a tag by their name, your notes will show up where it says their name. For example if someone put a note about me they would have to go to the "edit players notes" in your software to see what it was possibly forgetting they had notes on me as opposed to just pointing over my name and seeing "Pokeraddict1 FISH". I like the party tag that reminds you have a note on someone. Now if I hover over a player at the table it says nothing, if I hover over myself it just shows my chips at the table. The fact that you have a note file is good as many do not offer this but that is just a suggestion to make that feature better.

Hi Pokeraddict,

Just an update to some of your concerns. Once again, we are very sorry about the late response to this.

After looking at this again, something is definitely fishy (excuse the pun) here. We’re doing some more investigation into this and will report back with an answer as soon as we can.

I found another bug or what I consider a bad idea in the tourney software. I played in a $1000 freeroll of my table of 10 only 3 showed up.
This is also something that we will be looking into. We understand your point on this and will see if there’s some way to alleviate this. We can’t say whether we’ll be able to get a solution but we will speak to Prima Poker to see if there’s anything that can be done.

I still cant find the rake schedule, I notice under tournament rules it says "there is no tournament rake" but under ring game rules there is no rake section.
This should be fixed shortly and the rake schedule will show under the Game Information section.

With the multi game window option when i opened a second game in the lower left hand corner there are the buttons "lobby 1 2 3" before I found the option it was irritating to have to click between them instead of being able to spread them out on my large monitor, many players would not care.
This is interesting from an ease of use point of view. We’ll explore the possibilities of having this option moved to the front end of the poker software so that players don’t have to search for it. Thanks for bringing that up though!

We don’t think that you are giving us a hard time. On the contrary, it’s exactly what we need. This was very informative and has given us some good ideas. Thanks again for taking the time to do so.

Kind Regards,
Lucky Nugget Poker

p.s. there’s a notes improvement feature in the pipeline so look out for that coming in the next few software releases.

The $10 free is very much for players who are new to the site (and to poker) to get in and feel the experience of playing poker. There is a sign-up bonus in the works though and will be available soon, so keep a watchful eye on the site.

It's good to see you come in to post your remarks and answering questions. I just wanted to comment on this one small issue, just to throw out a quick suggestion. When you roll out this sign up bonus (which I'm assuming will be for first time deposits), you may also want to consider offering it to people who have previously registered and played before the bonus was available. I know it's technically not their first purchase, but it would be fair for both sides, would be great on the customer support/player relations aspects, and I'm sure will also probably result in a few extra re-ups that you may not have gotten otherwise.

Last edited:
Apologies for the late response. You make a very valid point jerry. We'll definitely consider it for the future (re-deposit bonuses that is).

Kind Regards,
Lucky Nugget Poker

Hi Pokeraddict,

We've got some great news for you. We've just had a much needed software upgrade and we've posted the details below. Please feel free to give it a run and post your opinions :)

Regretfully, the additions of Omaha and Stud Hi/Lo have not yet been integrated. They are still in the pipeline along with some other nice goodies but won't be available for a while yet. The new upgrades (for the moment) should be enough for you to sink your teeth into.

Here they are:

Mini View
This nifty little feature allows you the ability to have a small version of the table, without losing what is going on.

This is done by simply clicking on the menu button once your table is open and selecting Change Table Size from the menu. So now you can easily fit 4 tables onto one screen.

New Betting Slider
The Quick Bet option is great for those of you who don't like fighting with the betting slider. Just right click on the betting slider and a window will appear with different betting increments listed.

Alternatively, you can type your bet amount into the box on the right hand side of the betting slider and hit your Enter/Return key. Your Bet/Raise button will automatically reflect the amount you typed in and then you just need to click your Bet/Raise button to bet that amount.

Upgraded Player Notes
We know that you'll like this one :) You can now see a note icon on players you've got notes for. So you no longer have to hover over them to find out if you happened to make a note on them 4 months ago in the wee hours of the morning hehe.

Another interesting thing is that Prima ring game hand histories are now compatible with Poker Tracker. These only apply to hand histories from the 1st of June onwards as any that you import into Poker Tracker that are older than the 1st of June will not work or show the wrong information.

Do all these changes sound good? If so, give it a run and let us know if they make your experience at our poker room more pleasant.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Lucky Nugget Poker

p.s. anyone else is also more than welcome to take a look at the software as well and give us their feedback. The more the merrier :)

Sounds good lucky nugget. Did they fix the poor programming that did not allow me to see a losing hand I called down? I hear Pokertracker support is close to online there too. I am going to Tunica for a week tomorrow but I will check it out when I get back.

ATTN: jpm

Hey jpm,

We couldn't send you a PM but we just wanted to let you know that you're good to go for that freeroll due to the issue that you had. You'll be registered for the tourney when it goes into the software on Sunday.

Let us know if there are any problems or if you need any help. Don't forget that we're in different time zones and that we don't monitor the forum 24 hours a day so if you need anything it's likely that we'll respond on Monday :) Hope that's ok with you.

Pokeraddict
Did they fix the poor programming that did not allow me to see a losing hand I called down?
That's still being worked on but you are able to go to PlayCheck and see the hand after the game is complete. We understand that this is a bit inconvenient and time consuming but at least you can check it.

I hear Pokertracker support is close to online there too.
Yip - it works for our ring games only at the moment and any data prior to June 1st won't work because of incompatibility issues - but moving forward it works perfectly :)

Good luck in Tunica!

Kind Regards,
Lucky Nugget Poker

Lucky Nugget said:
Hey jpm,

We couldn't send you a PM but we just wanted to let you know that you're good to go for that freeroll due to the issue that you had. You'll be registered for the tourney when it goes into the software on Sunday.

Let us know if there are any problems or if you need any help. Don't forget that we're in different time zones and that we don't monitor the forum 24 hours a day so if you need anything it's likely that we'll respond on Monday :) Hope that's ok with you.

Thanks, I was wondering what happened when I didn't hear back from you. So to confirm then, I'd be signed up for the July 11th, 1am freeroll correct?

Will do, thanks again. Also, I found the problem with the PM here. I apparently had exceeded my quota of old messages. I've cleaned out about 1/2 of them so you should be able to send me a PM now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back