Live blackjack RTP question

Zvenobg

Dormant Account
Hello. I see in the help section that most Evolution live tables state RTP of 99.28%. But their Infinite blackjack states 99.46%. Also bet365's (should be branded playtech) live blackjack states 99.46%. Where does this difference come from? As far as I tried to read their rules, all are the same? What am I missing?

That's a really good question.

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine the marginal differences are due to different in game rules which can affect RTP.

For example in Vegas Rules, the dealer takes two cards and may peak for Blackjack when Dealt an Ace. If he has BJ the game round ends, no hands are played out.

In European Rules, the dealer only gets dealt One hole card initially, so can't peak. All hands are played through before the dealer acts.

Some games allow doubles on splits, others not. Some restrict on when you can double on the main hand.

I've had a look at the rules for Bet365 US and European styles and they are the same although they do mention the different dealing styles.

I'll ask around and see if I can get a definitive answer.

That's a really good question.

I don't know for sure, but I would imagine the marginal differences are due to different in game rules which can affect RTP.

For example in Vegas Rules, the dealer takes two cards and may peak for Blackjack when Dealt an Ace. If he has BJ the game round ends, no hands are played out.

In European Rules, the dealer only gets dealt One hole card initially, so can't peak. All hands are played through before the dealer acts.

Some games allow doubles on splits, others not. Some restrict on when you can double on the main hand.

I've had a look at the rules for Bet365 US and European styles and they are the same although they do mention the different dealing styles.

I'll ask around and see if I can get a definitive answer.
I appreciate that. You are correct - almost every rule change has influence on the RTP. Maybe this is the case, maybe it is just calculated differently, let's see.
For ex. following the wizard's calculations, the stated RTP of 98.45% on Evolution's Free bet blackjack seems spot on. ( players should keep in mind basic strategy is different there and different from the first one you'll find - not all free doubles and splits are allowed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back