Laggy slots

9HOURSAWAY

Experienced Member
PABnononaccred
Hi all

I'm not technically minded at all so forgive my ignorance please, but why do some slots play so slow on Chrome but are ok on Firefox, and vice versa?
And sometimes they are just so laggy they are unplayable. This happens mainly on my desktop, not my tablet which may be the reason??
Also I'm running Windows 7,is that the problem maybe?

My two favourite slots, Montezuma and Raging Rhino are both guilty of all of the above.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Check out Bryan's review of the best online slots here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrome is a massive resource-hog; given you're on Windows 7, I'd also expect your computer is getting on a bit. Most slots will be coded for the dominant browser (currently Chrome, with Edge quite far behind), but if your computer isn't up to it, you're not going to be having much fun.

You might be able to tweak whether Chrome/Firefox use hardware accelleration or not, but it's not going to be a long-term fix.

One of a few reasons I play on mobile; most of the mobile games are quite heavily optimised.

My main computer is my eight-year-old MacBook, and I've all but given up playing any games on it.

Big Bass Bonanza's turned really laggy on me of late. It's like the reels can barely spin at all. Totally ruins the game.

@9HOURSAWAY - out of curiosity what is your PC specs? You use a PC to play slots right? or do you use smart phones or ipad style devices?

I know this is probably not what you will want to hear, but upgrading your GPU and CPU can help increase performance of slots in browsers :) Plus when you play any games in general too :)

I have a newish Win 10 laptop, everything runs smooth..my old machine on 7 is sluggish,
tech advances and so do the games, so older spec machines will struggle...if you're able to
upgrade it's worth it..at least it was for me...good luck. :thumbsup:

I’d also say - most games are likely to play better on mobile these days. Mobile first is the order of the day when it comes to designing for the web.

@9HOURSAWAY - out of curiosity what is your PC specs? You use a PC to play slots right? or do you use smart phones or ipad style devices?

I know this is probably not what you will want to hear, but upgrading your GPU and CPU can help increase performance of slots in browsers :) Plus when you play any games in general too :)
Hi

Please don't laugh, these are the specs as far as I can tell

Windows 7 Home Premium

AMD Phenom(tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.30GHz

Installed memory (RAM) 4.00GB

64-BIT operating system

I have had a solid state drive added

Thanks

I have a newish Win 10 laptop, everything runs smooth..my old machine on 7 is sluggish,
tech advances and so do the games, so older spec machines will struggle...if you're able to
upgrade it's worth it..at least it was for me...good luck. :thumbsup:
I think an upgrade is overdue and will get it sorted :)

Hi

Please don't laugh, these are the specs as far as I can tell

Windows 7 Home Premium

AMD Phenom(tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor 2.30GHz

Installed memory (RAM) 4.00GB

64-BIT operating system

I have had a solid state drive added

Thanks

You did not say what your GPU was? GPU = Graphics Card

But looking at what you said so far, yep you certainly need to upgrade and also get onto Windows 10 Pro! Also make sure to get at least a GTX 2080. But I only currently have a GeForce GTX 1070 and mine is still great for slots and also 99% of games. I can do High to max settings on most games still even some new recent titles.

A new gpu probably wont help much here, you need more ram and a better cpu those are the bottleneck
ie: an entire system upgrade.

Non ryzen AMD cpus are really out of date these days.

A new gpu probably wont help much here, you need more ram and a better cpu those are the bottleneck
ie: an entire system upgrade.

Non ryzen AMD cpus are really out of date these days.

But slots do not just use CPU's they also use your GPU as well? Well I thought they did anyway lol?

You did not say what your GPU was? GPU = Graphics Card

But looking at what you said so far, yep you certainly need to upgrade and also get onto Windows 10 Pro! Also make sure to get at least a GTX 2080. But I only currently have a GeForce GTX 1070 and mine is still great for slots and also 99% of games. I can do High to max settings on most games still even some new recent titles.
slight overkill surely?
I use an 8 year old i5 with integrated graphics sometimes and everything plays fine on it.
You really don't need graphics card that costs over £700 for a used one to play slots!

But slots do not just use CPU's they also use your GPU as well? Well I thought they did anyway lol?
it may help a bit by freeing up a little system ram but it It will still be held back by the rest of the system in this case aka: bottlenecked

Not to mention its practically impossible to buy current gpus at the moment as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back