Joe Ruby, dead, 87

That is sickening news, remember my scariest ever scooby, was ones with vampires coming out of coffins, most disturbing.

I’ll have a look and post the link if I find it.

That is sickening news, remember my scariest ever scooby, was ones with vampires coming out of coffins, most disturbing.

I’ll have a look and post the link if I find it.
lol, for me, the coming out of the coffin that did me in as a kid, was Salem's Lot :p

lol, for me, the coming out of the coffin that did me in as a kid, was Salem's Lot :p
I remember watching the mini series when i was 12 or 13, didnt sleep for about 2 months after, couldnt get the image of the boy floating at the bedroom window out of my head...... probably wont sleep tonight cos im thinking about it again...

I remember watching the mini series when i was 12 or 13, didnt sleep for about 2 months after, couldnt get the image of the boy floating at the bedroom window out of my head...... probably wont sleep tonight cos im thinking about it again...
my older brother was a real tormentor as big brothers I suppose are intended to be

after letting me watch The Exorcist, at like 6 or 7, he snuck into my room, climbed under my bed and started shaking and bouncing it from underneath; that probably left a few mental scars lol

my older brother was a real tormentor as big brothers I suppose are intended to be

after letting me watch The Exorcist, at like 6 or 7, he snuck into my room, climbed under my bed and started shaking and bouncing it from underneath; that probably left a few mental scars lol
The exorcist even now I find much more real than the cgi shit we get nowadays.
It’s truly disturbing.

I got it on vhs from a market stall here when it was still banned, was about 15 at the time, the guy tried to sell me it for like £25 quid, a lot back then considering I’m 39 now.

Anyhow thought he was taking the piss and told him so and offered him a tenner £10, he chased me away.

brought my dad back with me half a hour later and he gave me it for a fiver £5

still have the vhs copy now, not that I’ll watch it again, something just wrong with that movie.

The exorcist even now I find much more real than the cgi shit we get nowadays.
If memory serves, I believe one of the taglines behind the original Superman was 'you will believe a man can fly' and something was really lost when they stopped using real people in scenes vs CGI counterparts

If memory serves, I believe one of the taglines behind the original Superman was 'you will believe a man can fly' and something was really lost when they stopped using real people in scenes vs CGI counterparts
Cgi is aweful, going alone on old zombie Flicks Tom savini was the special effects expert, also played a few cameo roles (dawn of the dead) (from dusk till dawn) to name a few.

those effects seemed real, you felt part of the film.
World war z for example with the hoards of zombies breaching the wall was just shit, just like iam legend, the whole thing looked shit with cgi. No atmosphere at all.

just my opinion of course, but the likes of evil dead, sleep away camp, robocop, terminator and the like are more superior in quality then the computer generated poo we have today.

Cgi is aweful, going alone on old zombie Flicks Tom savini was the special effects expert, also played a few cameo roles (dawn of the dead) (from dusk till dawn) to name a few.

those effects seemed real, you felt part of the film.
World war z for example with the hoards of zombies breaching the wall was just shit, just like iam legend, the whole thing looked shit with cgi. No atmosphere at all.

just my opinion of course, but the likes of evil dead, sleep away camp, robocop, terminator and the like are more superior in quality then the computer generated poo we have today.
You talking about the Tree Scene in Evil Dead again I presume

That one leafes me shaking with fear, even now

Okey dokey, from Scoobs to "See what she did, your ****ing daughter" Exorcist, to The Man of Steel's CGI effects!

Now that we're here, how about RPatz's emo take on Batman (chortle)
well, from all accts I've seen, Twilight aside, he's a failry decent actor (though I've not watched him in anything since the Harry Potter yrs)

ps, RPatz? :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back