Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
You have:

Gladiators go Wild by iSoftBet - decent fun, a 6-reel St*rb*rst-type game.
Sabaton by Play'n Go - Swedish thrash metal and good modifiers and free spins!
Dragon Horn by Thunderkick - bit lame looking but really good free spins when the upgrades come quickly!

I never really liked Isofbet but they bringing out some decent slots lately.:thumbsup:

Sabaton looks interesting and has good win potential and Thunderkick I wish to play but restricted for my country :(

Edited, wrong emoji lol

One thing with thunderkick is they do mix it up a bit and are fairly innovative. The only issue I have is the base games very rarely pay a monster hit and the bonus rounds although reasonably regular are to often very mediocre.

Again given they are quite a popular provider there’s just not enough big win screenies seen for my liking. I suppose that’s the variance coming into play.

At first glance though they look like 3 reasonable games but probably won’t see any of my dollars.

Well ok Im always a bit sour but here goes:

iSoftBet Gladiator's Go Wild: This is a very simple slot that stays just clear of "clone-land" but doesn't really bring anything new to the table. That said, I think its a good shout in the quest to create a more volatile starburst in adding a reel. Expanding wilds vs Stacked wilds feels very different at first but equates to a similar experience over time, I find. That thing with you having to pay for spins where you cant win is really weird though, not sure if we might be able to bonus abuse off that. Graphics are weak imo and so I give it a solid 6/10

Sabaton by Play'n Go:
Very feature-packed with graphics and sounds that stay true to the band's image; you can almost smell ballsack through the screen. Seems a little light on the paytable, but the way theyve made it all come together looks really good so im gonna be generous and give this one 8/10

Dragon Horn by Thunderkick:
Alright thanks for finding that its a clone of Flamebusters; seems like it. That said, the math look a bit different based on the video, but that mightve just been your shoddy luck. On the game; I think its way too drawn out, having to wait for that damn horn animation to start playing, then filling up the meter, then seeing the symbol remove, and then sometimes its a damn map as well. Graphics are cute but as you say a bit lame, not really intense. I'll deduct a point for being a clone and end up with a 4/10 here.

Are PlayNGo living in the late 80s with all this rock/metal? Do all the staff sit there with Iron Maiden t-shirts on and long greasy hair rocking like Garth & Wayne all day?

How many heavy metal themed slots now?

Are PlayNGo living in the late 80s with all this rock/metal? Do all the staff sit there with Iron Maiden t-shirts on and long greasy hair rocking like Garth & Wayne all day?

How many heavy metal themed slots now?

As opposed to dressing up in Chinese hats and dragon costumes for the most-used slot theme?

I played Dragon Horn yesterday for the first time and just as it was dawning on me that it was very close to Flamebusters I triggered the bonus, which went for 70p. I carried on and shortly afterwards the bonus came in again via the mystery symbols, which was a nice touch. The feature went all the way to the last symbol and I won £324 in total, on a stake on 20p :) Giving extra spins for each horn that comes in, rather than for when you fill in all three, makes the feature a bit better than Flamebusters in my opinion. Aside from the money I won I thought it was a decent slot with beautiful graphics, with meaningful small improvements over Flamebusters.

Gladiators Go Wild - I don't like this much at all. It lacks two of the main ingredients of Starburst - firstly the wild stacks only become wild for the respin, not when they land, so you don't get anything when it comes in. Secondly you have to pay for the 'respin' with the held stacks, which is really offputting. It feels very difficult to get anything decent, and the royal symbols aren't stacked on the reels, so you just get single line wins a lot of the time. The addition of the extra reel doesn't really benefit the game; all it means is you feel you need to build up two or three of them before you might have a chance of few winning combinations. I think the fake reelstrips they use for the reel spin and slow tease have too many gladiator symbols on them because when they start to land you more often than not end up seeing a huge string of royal symbols all of a sudden. I wasn't impressed at all, but then some of that is because I've had 60% returned from 1200 spins on 20p. I'll stick with it for a bit longer but the game doesn't do much to make me believe decent wins are attainable any time soon.

Haven't played Sabaton yet.

Dragonhorn.... fuck thunderkick seriously... My bonusresults this far:
7 scatters trigger = 6,7 x bet
6 scatters trigger = 7,8 x bet
multiple 3 scatter trigger and best of them was 9x... Cant even get fucking 10x bet on this game

Sabaton Ive played a couple of times, and initial impressions are theres a lot going on, but not really a fan of the band/metal slot themes, but ill give it another go eventually :)

Dragon Horn - played it quite a lot over the last week and preferring it to a lot of Thunderkicks other games. (although Falcon huntress and wield heist are still ones I really like).

After playing flamebusters a fair amount and now this, i much prefer this. I've had some mixed results bonus-wise, but even the poor ones were better than the rubbish id get on
flamebusters. Ok, maybe on another day or time it could be the other way round :laugh: But in the short time Dragon horns been out its been far nicer to me - i quite like the look and
sounds, though not exceptional, it does its job i think. Ive had a few 10-30x bonus's.. but also had a few 100-250x wins too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back