Is love racist?.. the dating game.

Playford7

Permanent Ban: Too much flaming
MM
I know a totally random topic but I had to say my peace on this.
A channel 4 show in the uk on now.
Usually I won't watch such utter garbage but need a mental break from life's hassles.
Are we racist as a white person if we find a black person not attractive?.. or a black person racist if they don't find a white person attractive?..
what a silly and absolutely absurd race baiting program this is.
I personally find many black women stunning like serena Williams for example, I also find some hideous like dianne abbott.
I find white women beautiful like Nicole Kidman, and others like rennee zelwegger absolutely disgusting...
what on earth has this got to do with race?.. or being a racist or how racist we are dating???...
Personally I've zero preferences to ethnicity or colour with regards to whom I want to date or whom I find attractive.
Racism is a issue because the media like to talk about it, stop talking about it and it'll go away, racism is almost dead, yet the media are intent on pushing it as a issue.
It's absolutely sick.

Usually I won't watch such utter garbage but need a mental break from life's hassles.
Are we racist as a white person if we find a black person not attractive?.. or a black person racist if they don't find a white person attractive?..
I personally find many black women stunning like serena Williams for example, I also find some hideous like dianne abbott.
I find white women beautiful like Nicole Kidman, and others like rennee zelwegger absolutely disgusting...
what on earth has this got to do with race?.. or being a racist or how racist we are dating???...
Personally I've zero preferences to ethnicity or colour with regards to whom I want to date or whom I find attractive.
Racism is a issue because the media like to talk about it, stop talking about it and it'll go away, racism is almost dead, yet the media are intent on pushing it as a issue.
It's absolutely sick.

I'd do her.

I began dating my ex wife at a time and in a place where mixed raced relationships where not the norm and many folk around us where still very anti the idea although due to modern expectations most realised that they should not be vocal about it. It was rare that we witnessed anything anti socially unless it was from those who where drunk (I never kept my mouth shut in such situations). This was early 90's. The worst prejudice that we witnessed was when we both wished to embark on a venture together for the company we both worked for that could have been very lucrative. I was met in private to be told to ditch my partner if I wished to get the gig myself. Yet she was/is much smarter than I. We walked away from that organisation a week later.

I worked with a stunning Asian lass who I was lucky enough to have a chance to date. After a lot of consideration and taking into account it could never go too far I didn't go there because her family where very strict and had her lined up for an arranged marriage she didn't want. She was torn between the western cultures and traditionalism. She even bought her first pair of jeans after I had said that I loved a nice arse in a tight pair. What an arse she had too :p

That is a tough question to answer!

I was raised in a boarding school 63'-72' with nuns... we had one black girl and we all thought she

was just the coolest.

She had a hot plate and "iron"(?) to straighten her hair and we all fought over who would get to help her.

Never ever heard the "N" word growing up.

My baby sister (RIP 2008) was a hellion and did everything you are not suppose to in the 80's-90's.

She started going with Richard, yes he was black, when she was 17.He was probably 33-34.

Yes, she got the looks and snarls and outright hate from people. But, Jonnie couldn't care less. She

never let the insults bother her. She was there for the long haul.

She really amazed me at times.

They were together for just under 30 years when she died. Never married. Had 3 kids.

Over the years I decided I liked Richard more than my sister.

I developed a high respect for him. Just putting up with her was a challenge for anyone who knew her!

Let alone 30 years worth.

It is very common these days. I think most people don't bat an eye at it.

It seems like everything a person does/says these days is racist. Even if it was in no way intended

to be perceived as racist.

Sad really.....

As far as dating "outside" of your race, I figure to each their own. Whatever blows up your skirt!

It's absolutely sick.

And those that are making money off the back of it... they want racism to exist.

I have black friends and work colleagues that are my age. You have to hear them talk about yesteryear to realise what racism is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back