Internet Explorer or Mozilla: What you use?

Internet Explorer or Mozilla?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Mozilla

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

coloradobuff

Dormant Account
I have been using Mozilla for last few years, but recently, i am having problem with browser highlighting everything in site when i am using multiple tabs..

What service do you use? Or do you use another?

Thanks

I couldn't live without Firefox. The security is second to none, and with all the add-ons available, you really can't go wrong. I've used FF for years, but never use tabs, so I can't help you with your issue..

The best add-on known to man is Adblock+. It cuts out a good 95%+ of the BS banners, and can even block those annoying flash banners with a simple click of the mouse. The only thing it won't block is various pop-under windows, but I'm not sure if there is even anything out there that will block those.

If something gets by that should be blocked, all you have to do is right click, choose to block it, and go from there. The same goes for something that's blocked that you want to whitelist. It's so easy, even a caveman can do it! :p

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

PS: Did you upgrade to 3.6.8? That release was so horrendous, I headed over to www.oldversion.com and downloaded 3.5.x and it upgraded itself to 3.5.12. The way FF handles plugins such as Flash with that new version is absolutely horrible. It runs an external program called "plugin-container.exe" which hogs system resources and really slows things down.

I have used Mozilla Firebird/Firefox since version 0.7. I have not touched IE for over 5 years. I use IETab for the two websites that I use that absolutely need ActiveX. In addition to Adblock, I highly recommend Noscript.

I have not had any problems with this plugin container thing, but it seems to be a solution to a problem I have never had.

Btw, winbig, you can download older versions of FF from mozilla.com.

I have used Mozilla Firebird/Firefox since version 0.7. I have not touched IE for over 5 years. I use IETab for the two websites that I use that absolutely need ActiveX. In addition to Adblock, I highly recommend Noscript.

I have not had any problems with this plugin container thing, but it seems to be a solution to a problem I have never had.

Btw, winbig, you can download older versions of FF from mozilla.com.

Thanks GM... what is the function of Noscript?

Noscripts turns off javascript, java, flash and other plugins, except on the sites where you explicitly allow it. I also have flashblock specifically to block unwanted flash content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back