Interesting Neteller Snippet

Simmo!

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
Well, maybe interesting, maybe not :D I recently received an email upgrading me to "VIP" status at Neteller. Couldn't see much to shout about but anyway, I decided I didn't want the "Deposit by Debit Card" option so I emailed them off stating this fact and within 8 hours they not only emailed me back but had also removed the option from my account. For some strange reason I was quite impressed :)

Anyway, some people might find it useful to know you can do that :thumbsup:

VIP

Well, maybe interesting, maybe not :D I recently received an email upgrading me to "VIP" status at Neteller. Couldn't see much to shout about but anyway, I decided I didn't want the "Deposit by Debit Card" option so I emailed them off stating this fact and within 8 hours they not only emailed me back but had also removed the option from my account. For some strange reason I was quite impressed :)

Anyway, some people might find it useful to know you can do that :thumbsup:

VIP status mainly increases the limits on the account. This will only be of use if you hit something really big (100,000 or so). The allowances are increased to a balance of 150,000, and a max withdrawal to bank rate of 80,000 per month. With wins of that size, you are almost into personal cheque presentation territory, and could pay everything into the bank.
There is also a dedicated VIP support desk, until recently only reachable by phoning normal Neteller support, staying on hold, and then being put onto VIP hold once answered:mad:
Recently (and after a number of complaints from me), they have circulated an 0800 number that connects DIRECT to the VIP desk. It should be in the mail about the upgrade.

Another interesting snippet:
I went to make a bank-wire withdrawal from Neteller yesterday only to find out they now wanted me to re-verify my bank account & supply IBAN & SWIFT codes...:eek2:

I found this very annoying as I hadn't needed these for my withdrawal in January, and they didn't send me a warning e-mail about this change. :(

This means a 3-4 day delay before I can initiate my withdrawal, by which time it will be nearly the weekend, so I wont get my money for about another 10-days! :mad:

So just a heads-up for anyone thinking of withdrawing soon - get the codes from your bank & re-verify now.

Annoying

Another interesting snippet:
I went to make a bank-wire withdrawal yesterday only to find out they now wanted me to re-verify my bank account & supply IBAN & SWIFT codes...:eek2:

I found this very annoying as I hadn't needed these for my withdrawal in January, and they didn't send me a warning e-mail about this change. :(

This means a 3-4 day delay before I can initiate my withdrawal, by which time it will be nearly the weekend, so I wont get my money for about another 10-days! :mad:

So just a heads-up for anyone thinking of withdrawing soon - get the codes from your bank & re-verify now.

Yes, it was very annoying. I made a wire request and it just sat there for a couple of weeks. While I DID phone to ask what was up, I just got platitudes and excuses, and it was only well into week two that someone from Neteller phoned me to tell me it was on hold pending the IBAN or SWIFT codes that were not needed before. I have gone back to cheques for a while, as the whole verification process has to be gone through again. Cheques are taking around three days.

2 + 2 per withdrawal? I can live with that for the convenience :)
What - go outside??? :eek:

1. My Neteller Cash Card expired a couple of years ago.
2. The fees are too high (including standing charges)
3. How many trips to the ATM would I have to make to withdraw $3,000? :cool:

I'll wait....

KK, notice how Simmo! flushes constantly as opposed to letting it 'ride' and going on to another spot (my understanding of reading both sites a couple of months ago)
That would account for daily payouts.
But maybe I'm talking out of school here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back