INNNNGGGGGEEEEERRRRRLLLAAAAANNDD!

When I saw it was Frank Lampard who was going to take England's first penalty, I had a gut feeling that England was going to lose. His shots have been terrible lately. Just too much pressure for these guys. Sigh!

I don't think Cristiano Ronaldo will be welcome in Manchester again after his antics...

And Chuchu, I thought exactly the same thing. Didn't think Hargreaves was going to score either, he just barely did. Saw Gerrard and prayed that he would hit it clean, but I knew it wasn't a sure thing... then saw Carragher and knew the game was over :(

But I blame the ref for some really poor judgement calls. Throwing Rooney off was more than harsh - it may have cost England the game.

spearmaster said:
I don't think Cristiano Ronaldo will be welcome in Manchester again after his antics...

And Chuchu, I thought exactly the same thing. Didn't think Hargreaves was going to score either, he just barely did. Saw Gerrard and prayed that he would hit it clean, but I knew it wasn't a sure thing... then saw Carragher and knew the game was over :(

But I blame the ref for some really poor judgement calls. Throwing Rooney off was more than harsh - it may have cost England the game.

Many refs feel they wont be blamed if they send Rooney off. They think it's a safe bet because he's always in trouble with them. Frankly, I think he has matured within the past year and is less fiery now but when it comes to the crunch, with his build, he is likely to end up on the wrong side.

spearmaster said:

I think he is going to have a real hard time.. and he deserves it. Such bad sportsmanship especially to a collegue.

But all in all - England deserved to lose - Lampard was bad, Gerrard was off form, Erikson screwed it all up with his stupid tactics (who plays a 4-5-1 with the players that England have??)

The only player that is worth a mention is Hargreaves - played his heart out and was all over the pitch.

Whatever Rooney did to Carvalho's groin was right under the referee's nose, and then he also pushed Ronaldo.

GrandMaster said:
Whatever Rooney did to Carvalho's groin was right under the referee's nose, and then he also pushed Ronaldo.

I might not have watched all the angles - I've heard others describe it as stamping, and it didn't quite look that way to me from the angle I was watching - but if that's what he did, then I guess he deserved a red card.

peralis said:
He waas not going to be carded. Watch the replays.. only when Ronaldo got involved did the ref respond.

He was, because if you watch the replay you see the ref was indicating to one of the england players that he stamped on him. Then Rooney pushed Ronaldo and had no choice but to send him off.

el nino said:
He was, because if you watch the replay you see the ref was indicating to one of the england players that he stamped on him. Then Rooney pushed Ronaldo and had no choice but to send him off.

And they are supposed to be teammates.

what ronaldo did was ******* disgusting but you have to say that rooney didnt need to retaliate the way he did. its just a crying shame that that event changed a game england we're looking the likely winners of. Portugul will probably lose to france in the next round, and if i was a betting man (;))i'd plump a fiver on ronaldo moving to madrid over the next couple of months because that display will *not* make next season fun for him even in front of his own fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back