I love John Pugh!

That's truly insane :eek:...Would love to see those in person.

I had trouble figuring out what parts were real sometimes :eek2:

I think my favorite is "art imitating life imitating art imitating life." At first I thought it was just the stairway that was painted - then I thought it was the stairway and the woman at the table...but it turns out the whole thing is a mural - the statue, the painting behind the statue, the doorway and stairs, the woman at the table, the floor....it's absolutely incredible.

pugh_cafe.jpglsculp.jpgwomen.jpg

Here you can see the preliminary sketch and the painting of the statue.
cafebef.jpgJohnCafe.jpg

I think my favorite is "art imitating life imitating art imitating life." At first I thought it was just the stairway that was painted - then I thought it was the stairway and the woman at the table...but it turns out the whole thing is a mural - the statue, the painting behind the statue, the doorway and stairs, the woman at the table, the floor....it's absolutely incredible.

At least your guess was better than mine. I actually thought "I wonder why they put that one in there, it's not a painting of anything!"

Amazes me that some people are so talented. No telling what the human mind/body is capable off.

I'd love to commision him to do something like this in my house - then I could laugh my butt off whenever new people came over and walked into the wall. :D

EDIT: oh yeah and the one with the ship in the bottle - the guy standing in front is part of the painting too - like the girl looking at the Aztec statues.

EDIT2: oh wait maybe the ship in the bottle isn't in this clip. lol nevermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back