Howdy from North Carolina

Cowboysfan428

Newbie member
Hi, my name is Joseph "Sean" Hildebran, born and raised in Hickory, North Carolina (in the United States). A small town about 45 minutes to a hour north west of Charlotte NC. I am just a simple type of man. I believe in that everything, good and bad, all of it happens for a reason. I'm 33 years old, I'll be 34 on the 28th of this month (April 28th) , I'm disabled, I unfortunately inherited a condition (sounds better then disease! Lol), called Ankylosis Spondylitis, it's where the cartilage in your joints deteriorate, and so eventually whichever joint that it's in, once it becomes bone on bone. It fuses itself, leaving you no joint at all. My mother has it in her spine, along with one of my uncle's. Then I happen to get it. It skipped like 4 maybe 5 generations in my family, before it got my mom and my Uncle. And then me. It's actually started in my right hip (which I had replaced just 4 years ago) but it came on to me in my early teenage years. but then it would eventually progress to my spine. Fortunately they have had a medicine out. Called Enbrel (which is a WONDER DRUG!) I have been on it for years and years. But it stops it from progressing to any other joints in my body. So that's a plus. The only negative is that it's in a shot form! Ouch! Gotta take it once a week! (Which for every positive, you can BET that they're a negative!) But that's enough of that little history of myself. Now to the main and most important thing. If your thinking pity, I don't have no part in any pity. It is what it is. I could choose to be all down and stuff about my "limited mobility" I guess you would call it, or I can choose to make the best out of it. And live my life to the fullest as possible. Because you know what, at the end of the day. It's still gonna be the same, regardless! So I choose to make the best out it. You got to make the best hands out of cards your dealt in life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back