Happy Friday the 13th Everyone

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
Good Luck to all on this Unlucky day
~T~
Snopes.com has to say
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

fridaythe13th-cci08-tsr-hdrimg.jpg

Thanks bingoT hope it was a good one for ya!!

Mine had an auspicious start ...5:30 AM I bought a big cup of fresh coffee as I always do at the corner convenient store to start my day.
5:36 Am I was leaving the parking lot of the store and I noticed my ice water cup from the previous day was sitting on the dash by the radio where I normally set my coffee ( a Very stable spot). and I had placed my coffee next to it ...in a position that is a little more unstable... as I neared the "bump" where the road and the parking lot meet I grabbed the Ice cup ( which is now full of melted ice .... you know ....H2O ) just as I grabbed the cup I hit the difference in pavement , I saw the coffee cup "jiggle" ...as I reached for the coffee cup with my right hand .....had the Ice cup (water by now) in my Left hand ....Must have been driving with my knee .... I must have tried to sling the water in the cup out the window as I futilely grasp for the coffee cup... as I recall... I "touched" the coffee cup maybe only briefly as it slipped past my hand a fell down off the dash and onto my right leg!! and ...as I said I tried to sling the water out the window ....well ...... I missed a bit , because as the cool water hit my left leg and stomach and crotch and face ....I gasp for air , but not to worry because maybe a nano second later I was yelping like a scalded dog as the coffee finished it journey off the dash and made its way onto my right side.....
I didn't even take my foot off the gas as i headed the van back to the house to change clothes. and call work and tell them I was running a few minutes late!!
the rest of the day went very well though ....so for the most part I had a good Friday the 13th... Now maybe it will end well with some winnings at 3Dice.... as I am going to gamble a bit....

.good luck and Happy Friday the 13th !!

Volt:cool:

Good Luck to all on this Unlucky day
~T~
Snopes.com has to say
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

fridaythe13th-cci08-tsr-hdrimg.jpg
Unlucky day ??? No way!!!!

The number 13 gets a bad rap and a big part is due to:

- Jesus and his disciples totaled thirteen, and many believe that Judas was the 13th individual to be seated at the last supper.
Ancient Persians feared the number 13, believing that it brought with it chaos and destruction.

- In Norse mythology, Loki, the god of chaos, is believed to be the thirteenth god in the pantheon.

- The Norse goddess Frigg, after whom Friday is named, was said to have joined a coven of twelve witches, resulting in a gathering of 13.

- The number is also said to represent the devil’s presence in a coven.
Moreover, the Knights Templar were arrested on a Friday the 13th in the 1300s. The Freemasons, who were said to have connections with the original Knights Templar, may have perpetuated the fear and superstition connected with the number.

- Apollo 13, the doomed mission to the moon that nearly did not make it back home, launched at 13:13. Many elevators, airports, and public buildings have rooms and floors that go straight from 12 to 14.

- Ever since Jesus was crucified on Good Friday, Christians have had a disdain for that day of the week. Hangings in England often took place on a Friday, and supposedly the walk to the noose took 13 steps. Fear continues into modernity, with the urban legend of a British sailing ship Friday that left with 13 crewmembers on Friday the 13th and a captain named Friday, never again to return. Superstition about the day abounds to the point that it is considered the most widespread superstition in the western world.

If people would stop being 'superstitious' and afraid of 'myths', this would soon stop controlling most peoples life!!!

Hiya all!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back