Question Game Malfunction in Bonus Round

RichyJ75

Has been a very naughty boy ...
PABnonaccred
Was playing Black Knight on the £500 jackpot fruit machine earlier today on £2 a spin. Lost a fair bit before bonus round came up.

First spin of seven got sticky wilds on 2nd reel and few little wins. Second spin got queens across middle win line and other wins. Winnings counting up between £40 and £50 with 5 spins to go when screen turns blue with message to call manager.

Bar staff turn machine off and back on (it was noisy with announcement to call manager) and only £10 credit shows - balance was £12 when spin button pressed for previous game resulting in bonus. No resume of game.

Manager comments that malfunction voids all wins with stake returned. Can they do this? I reckon it was due a good payout and already had £50 win showing with a lot more to come. They claim there is no game ID and no way of seeing previous game.

Shame it wasn't in a bookies, they can verify what you would have won and give it to you, might take a day but they do, happened to me once in Ladbroke I won the £500 jackpot and the machine froze then reset with no win or winnings paid. The staff phoned head office for me and said they will find out, next day there was £500 sitting behind the counter waiting for me.

In an over 18's section in a holiday club house.

Malfunction voids pays and plays.

Standard text on any game for exactly this reason. If the game gets in to an unrecoverable state, then this is standard behaviour.

Annoying. Yes.

Is it not possible to program the same kind of things into these types of terminals like they do online slots??

As in for example on doa2 or bonanza if a crash or error occurs during free spins wheh it’s next loaded up it just carries on after retaining all the previous wins???

Would solve what is not exactly a common problem but I’ve had it several times over my gambling career in arc/bingo halls.

You’d at least think that it could register the fact a feature had been triggered. Find it hard to believe a way could not be found for the machine to restart it. Not ideal but if the feature is not predetermined then at least you do not lose it entirely even if it may not match what you had at the time.

I have a real issue with the whole, malfunction voids pay. Avoids paying the customer what he/she/some bloody gender neutral identity, is owed. There is no penalty with this either. Just a “here’s your £2 now be on your way”.

I had 4 leps on Rainbow Riches online a while back before the game crashed. Came back up with nothing, nada. Coral said they couldn’t find anything but to their credit gave me something like 30x my stake compensation. Probably more than it would have paid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back