Gambling .com domains

P.V.

Dormant Account
webmeister
It's been reported and CM discussed it in his latest video but one of the biggest downturns within the industry is the seizure of .com domains. Do I agree, no, is it happening, yes!

Many big operators such as bodog.com is now bodog.eu. Of course it's clear they forward the address from .com but for how long will this be allowed?

I remember reading where Calvin Ayre purchased slots.com for 5. whatever million but really what's it worth if the DOJ can seize it? Nothing, bad investment. Hopefully slots.eu was in the package too for that kind of money!

If the feds can seize .coms and wasn't Kentucky the state trying to do the same thing? Not sure if the Kentucky issue was ever resolved?

The industry will eventually settle but seems like one big cluster right now..

JMO, look forward to your comments on .coms. :eek:

The Kentucky thing is still dragging on, with the case referred back to Judge Thomas Wingate's circuit court in Franklin, Kentucky after years of bouncing around in various state appeal courts. It seems to be languishing there, with state legal representatives still plugging away at legal standing arguments. God only knows when the judge will get the issue moving again.

The situation in the US is not good from an open and competitive market point of view imo, with the liklelyhood that any legalisation is probably going to be protectionist in nature, excluding most of the current international operators.

If that is the case - and assuming legalisation in the US is imminent - I think the competition in Europe is going to become fiercer as operators formerly successful in the US market shift more attention to the region.

At the same time they will have to contend with the increasingly complex problems associated with a fragmented regulatory scene, trying to keep track and comply with umpteen different and largely self-interested individualistic approaches to licensing and regulation among the supposedly united nations in the EU.

It's no business for sissies, that's for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back