French Open sues Betfair, Bwin and Ladbrokes

This has to do with all the recent reports of attempted
match fixing in tennis.. players are being asked
to throw matches by mysterious individuals, and
some players have been in trouble for betting on matches.

I do not blame the French Open for trying to do this,
but am not informed enough to comment on the legal issues.
I will leave that to all the smart people on this site.

I like betting on tennis but would gladly give it up
to help protect the integrity of the game. :thumbsup:

Yea, it's all the evil internet gambling sites that are asking players to throw matches. Never mind organized crime. :rolleyes:

Oh wait! Internet gambling IS organized crime!

Yea, it's all the evil internet gambling sites that are asking players to throw matches. Never mind organized crime. :rolleyes:

Oh wait! Internet gambling IS organized crime!

Of course they know it is not the online gambling sites
attempting to influence matches..but it is hard to sue a crime boss. :(

This is a good scape goat to make them look like they are doing
something publically... it is a tough situation to be in and I feel
sorry for both sides.

I would hate to see tennis betting go, as it is the only sport I know enough about to place an intelligent bet on:oops:

The online gambling companies - and Betfair in particular - have in the past actually exposed scams attempted through them - the big horse racing jockey scandal last year is just one example.

The technologies they use and the trackability of their systems enables them to do this better and faster than most any other betting medium, and they have on several occasions proved their integrity when these lowlifes try to pull the funny stuff.

This tennis case is similar - Betfair actually alerted the authorities to suspicious betting patterns and halted betting action on the tennis.

As TDTAT says - it's all about looking for scapegoats or protecting vested interests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back