Fort Lauderdale Airport attack

Dinahnana

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
PABaccred
CAG
mm1
mm4
Holy fuck I just read about the shooting at Fort Lauderdale Airport that left 5 dead and 8 injured. I used to live in Fort Lauderdale but left years ago because I found it to be getting too violent but I never expected this. I hope none of my friends were injured. I have a lot of snow bird friends that come to Fort Lauderdale every year. The world has gone mad.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

This stuff is becoming the norm to the point that it is desensitizing us to the violence.

All of it senseless.

Friend of mine has a friend whose daughter and parents were at the airport. On two separate planes from Montreal. Grandparents decided to wait for their granddaughter upstairs and not go downstairs to the carrousel area for their luggage. They heard gunshots and ran for cover. Their granddaughter s plane was late. Had it not been late they would all be at the carrousel area when the gunman started shooting. The granddaughter is still on the plane. Waiting for clearance. She s been on that flight since 10am. On the Tarmac since 2pm.

Allow every Jack and Johnny to own and carry as many guns as they want and these kind of things will happen all day, every day.

But the answer in the US is always "we need more guns to protect us". Well, then you have to live with these incidents. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Unless you are law enforcement and on official business then that is the only way a gun should be allowed in the airport. At the very least the FAA should require people only to bring unloaded guns with no ammo in their checked luggage. Ammo can be bought at the destination.

Seems from the reports I have been reading there were major red flags and I think there should be questions asked at Anchorage airport where the plane originated from. I mean if a guy checks on a flight to the other end of the country and only checks in one bag (his gun) then maybe, just maybe somebody should have noticed something was off.

This guy also had mental health issues so his gun permit should have been revoked. This disaster could have been avoided.

my friends daughter still at airport waitin to board a bus. but there a literally thousands of people waiting. all roads into airport are closed.
they were fed on the plane but had to share a meal between two ppl. she was on the plane since 10 am this morning and finally got out 14 hours later.

im just wondering what is the point of security at the airport if you are allowed to check a bag with ammo and gun in it. total craziness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back