Formula 1

luckiestgambler

Dormant account
I tried searching for it here but found nothing.
For all Formula 1 enthusiasts here, this is our thread that we can post anything about F1. I know the 2013 is over (with USA and Brazil left, and Vettel as World Champion along with Red Bull as Constructors). Thanks!

I tried searching for it here but found nothing.
For all Formula 1 enthusiasts here, this is our thread that we can post anything about F1. I know the 2013 is over (with USA and Brazil left, and Vettel as World Champion along with Red Bull as Constructors). Thanks!

Thanks for setting this up luckiestgambler. As an avid Formula1 fan I will definitely participate alot in this thread.

Yesterday's race (Abu Dhabi) was really really boring and I am extremely disappointed in Mark Webber.
This was his chance to dominate and he just couldn't come to the party.
Well done to Vettel, hes racing like his life depended on it even when hes won the championship.

Thanks for setting this up luckiestgambler. As an avid Formula1 fan I will definitely participate alot in this thread.

Yesterday's race (Abu Dhabi) was really really boring and I am extremely disappointed in Mark Webber.
This was his chance to dominate and he just couldn't come to the party.
Well done to Vettel, hes racing like his life depended on it even when hes won the championship.

Webber was never going to win that race, unless Vettel DNF'd... Vettel's pace was just ridiculous and managing to do it whilst also keeping the tires in good nick. I'm a massive Webber fan though so i hope het gets one W out of the two races left.. but hope they dont hand it to him.

Really looking forward to next year, hope they give the Hulk a decent car, Lotus or McLaren, that guy is the real deal imo.

i don't understand why the other engineers can't match up with the red bull's.

Simple Answer: Red Bull gives you wings.:D

Explicit Answer: Red Bull does less mistakes than their rivals. Mercedes and Ferrari don't have this vital stability in their team. I think the best drivers are Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso. However, you become Formula One champion by a combination of drivers's and team's performance. That's why Vettelmania survived the forth year in a row. I personally hope next season will be more exciting.

Thanks for the new Thread, luckiestgambler

Formula 1 News Update:
Raikkonen to miss final two races of 2013 for back surgery
check out the full article at the formula 1 website, news section. (not sure if i can post the link here. XD)

what red bull gives me are heart palpitations whenever i drink it :D

Formula 1 News Update:
Raikkonen to miss final two races of 2013 for back surgery
check out the full article at the formula 1 website, news section. (not sure if i can post the link here. XD)

what red bull gives me are heart palpitations whenever i drink it :D

I think that Raikkonens back surgery is just the "Official Press Statement".
In reality, he's just fed up with the Lotus management & relations have severely broken down.
I read somewhere that he had threatened to boycott the last two races if hes not paid his £14.5 million owed to him in salary & bonuses.

I am happy for Massa moving to Williams in 2014, I think he still has a season left in him & maybe, just maybe Williams can turn that Go-Kart into a racing machine.
Unfortunate for Sergio Perez being dropped from Maclaren and it wasn't necessarily his fault coz that car is just crap.

I think that Raikkonens back surgery is just the "Official Press Statement".
In reality, he's just fed up with the Lotus management & relations have severely broken down.
I read somewhere that he had threatened to boycott the last two races if hes not paid his £14.5 million owed to him in salary & bonuses.

also what i was thinking. raikkonen is moving, vettel is champion, so why prolong the agony, right? i'll still watch the USA and Brazil. I know there's still some fire in it (hopefully).

okay. vettel won again in USA. nice to see Grosjean again in the podium. Now, the last race of the 2013 season in brazil.

Very disappointing drive by Webber.
Its time for Webber to step up for crying out loud.
Hes the only one who has a fast enough car to beat Vettel and wouldn't it be so sweet if he left Formula 1 on that kind of high.
As in we get the two red bulls flat out racing and Webber wins it by a whisker.
Those are the types of stories that get told about you for generations.

i did watch the last gp for this season from lap 3 to finish. too much into weather forecast (LOL), drive through penalties and some collisions. great win by vettel. last F1 GP for webber. massa is angry. mercedes at 2nd place only by 6 points ahead of ferrari.

FIA confirms revised calendar for 2014
March 16 is the start and it's goodbye India. Hopefully, i can catch this on Singapore by that time.
Full news at Formula 1 website.

Goodbye India? Surely you meant Korea (which was dying a slow death from it's second race), not India?

Goodbye India? Surely you meant Korea (which was dying a slow death from it's second race), not India?
this is the Full 2014 Calendar from Formula 1:
16/03 Australia
30/03 Malaysia
06/04 Bahrain
20/04 China
11/05 Spain
25/05 Monaco
08/06 Canada
22/06 Austria
06/07 Great Britain
20/07 Germany
27/07 Hungary
24/08 Belgium
07/09 Italy
21/09 Singapore
05/10 Japan
12/10 Russia
02/11 United States
09/11 Brazil
23/11 Abu Dhabi

Korea was also scraped. Perhaps not much hype there.

16/03 Australia
30/03 Malaysia
06/04 Bahrain
20/04 China
11/05 Spain
25/05 Monaco
08/06 Canada
22/06 Austria
06/07 Great Britain
20/07 Germany
27/07 Hungary
24/08 Belgium
07/09 Italy
21/09 Singapore
05/10 Japan
12/10 Russia
02/11 United States
09/11 Brazil
23/11 Abu Dhabi

My mistake mate. I forgot that India was already scrapped for ahem...."political reasons" :rolleyes:

What do you think of this "double points for the final race" idea? I think it's a total joke of an idea. Even Vettel finds it "absurd".

My mistake mate. I forgot that India was already scrapped for ahem...."political reasons" :rolleyes:

What do you think of this "double points for the final race" idea? I think it's a total joke of an idea. Even Vettel finds it "absurd".

This is just like the ISO rules from NBA against Michael Jordan. The sport tries to adjust for great players and in this case Vettel. It is too early to tell. To be honest, if Red Bull can repeat 2013's performance, this won't be a problem.

16/03 Australia
30/03 Malaysia
06/04 Bahrain
20/04 China
11/05 Spain
25/05 Monaco
08/06 Canada
22/06 Austria
06/07 Great Britain
20/07 Germany
27/07 Hungary
24/08 Belgium
07/09 Italy
21/09 Singapore
05/10 Japan
12/10 Russia
02/11 United States
09/11 Brazil
23/11 Abu Dhabi

The turn out in Korea was dismal and the fact that its a logistical nightmare as in its 2 hours from the closest city didnt do it any favors either, it had to be scrapped.
I think the worst track is the Monaco street track. I hate watching that race. its basically on the Calendar because its "Monaco" all posh and all but its actually a really crappy street circuit.
Whoever qualifies first has a 95% chance of winning, absolutely no chance of over taking.
It all ends up being about pit strategies and praying for a safety car

Just a short break and a lot of changes in the coming 2014 season. Also can't wait how the constructors will adapt to all the new rules and modifications with their respective drivers and cars.

LOL I hope he doesn't have Grosjean type first season.
I was hoping we'd have a woman driver in F1 by now.
Why hasn't someone zeroed in on Danica Patrick or someone like that, heck I would do it if it wasn't for my bad back :)

Magnussen won 1st at 2013 Formula Renault 3.5 Series, but seeing his odds now at 33/1. Interesting.
IMO, Danica Patrick might only be good at open-wheel. Maybe Susie, since she's already the test driver of Williams. María de Villota suffered a crash last 2012 and then died this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back