Fewer Win Lines + Higher Stakes

RichyJ75

Has been a very naughty boy ...
PABnonaccred
I remember someone saying about playing fewer win lines but increasing the stake per line, so instead of say 20 lines at 10p (£2 a spin), to play it at 10 lines at 20p (still £2 a spin). How many people actually do this?

I tried it last night on Starburst, 5 lines at 20p, and was mildly surprised at some of my wins. Was lucky enough to withdraw £150 from a £50 deposit after quite a lengthy session on various slots, finally finishing on Starburst which gave me the most amount of profit. Would it have made that much difference playing 10 lines at 10p? Not totally convinced, but must admit that my wins did appear bigger when they came in.

What are your thoughts on this?

Extract from last nights activity - note that Starburst was only one where I adjusted pay lines and stake (odd pennies came from rounding off balance).

ll.jpg

First time I tried this 'tactic' was on Starburst also. It was a disaster, no wins and anything semi-decent on an inactive pay line.

I did try it again however and had some mad returns, including all 3 stars on 3 active win lines at 0.20p a line (0.60 total bet)

Also try it (but only if I have had a good early hit 'elsewhere' and have a decent balance and maybe wagering also) on MG 9-liners such as Thunderstruck, Spring Break and Agent Jane Blonde, again mixed results.

I know dave1888 on here does it quite a bit and has had some cracking hits on reduced lines, main one which springs to minds is Netent's 'Wild Turkey'

I do this occasionally on different slots. Generally speaking reduced paylines will increase variance but on 99% of the slots not affect your TRTP. I had a massive hit on DoA with 4 paylines earlier this year, but of course it can also happen that you hit big on an inactive line like Brian described.

20160312_DoAx5740.jpg

I recall playing Pink Panther when I first began slotting at 15 lines and increased coins per line. I felt that this seemed like a good idea, why have so many lines anyway? They're just a waste of time!

Eventually I came to the realization that some great combos were coming in, and in my bemused state I even quizzed chat about certain things not paying what they should. I was slapped back into place quickly enough :(

Also did this with that Batman slot from IGT I believe.

So in a nutshell I started my slotting journey doing crazy combos like I'd just figured out a way of making money off them!

I soon learned.:mad::mad::mad:

1 x 8 cents left in balance on DOA, reduced to 8 lines, press SPIN, 3 scatter and the WL came in on pay line 9. :oops: Wasn't so lucky as Hedge :D .....and won't let that happen again. :rolleyes:

Now i clear the last cents of my balance only on Starburst or one of the old 9-liners. :thumbsup: :D

All other play only on full pay lines.

I would be wary of doing this for a few reasons:

- In many slots games changing the lines played DOES effect the TRTP and usually in a negative way. Playing less lines will often cost you a proportionally higher amount of your stake.

- This increases variance. Think of it this way, if I play 5 hands of Blackjack in a single round at £20 per hand, my variance will be lower than if I play 1 hand of Blackjack at £100. Betting more on less outcomes will make your results more streaky in both a good and a bad way.

- Many operators impose maximum bet limits on a per line as well as per round basis when playing with a bonus. As such you could inadvertently breach these limits by stacking your bets onto less lines.

TP

1 x 8 cents left in balance on DOA, reduced to 8 lines, press SPIN, 3 scatter and the WL came in on pay line 9. :oops: Wasn't so lucky as Hedge :D .....and won't let that happen again. :rolleyes:

Now i clear the last cents of my balance only on Starburst or one of the old 9-liners. :thumbsup: :D

All other play only on full pay lines.

This is why when i have that few cents left in my balance (less than 0.9 cents) i NEVER open DOA.... i usually use it on starburst.
It would ruin my entire month if i hit a wildline on that bet... much less on the missing line.

This is why when i have that few cents left in my balance (less than 0.9 cents) i NEVER open DOA.... i usually use it on starburst.
It would ruin my entire month if i hit a wildline on that bet... much less on the missing line.

Ooh I dunno. Harry was just extremely unfortunate on that occasion. I'll never forget using my last 5p at five lines and getting a wildline or two, about 3-4 years ago.

F*ck knows how that happened but I know I'll never see the likes of it again :cool:

I have tried this a few times when funds were low.

Must say, it never paid off.

Now, if I could CHOOSE which lines I could play, that may be a different

story. There are certain lines I think that pay better than others.......

I could be wrong.............

I would be wary of doing this for a few reasons:

- In many slots games changing the lines played DOES effect the TRTP and usually in a negative way. Playing less lines will often cost you a proportionally higher amount of your stake.

- This increases variance. Think of it this way, if I play 5 hands of Blackjack in a single round at £20 per hand, my variance will be lower than if I play 1 hand of Blackjack at £100. Betting more on less outcomes will make your results more streaky in both a good and a bad way.

- Many operators impose maximum bet limits on a per line as well as per round basis when playing with a bonus. As such you could inadvertently breach these limits by stacking your bets onto less lines.

TP

Can you name a few? The only game I can come up with at the moment is Alien Robots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back