excitement in the bedroom for $ 50,000.00

LaurieJim

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
Excitement in the bedroom for $50,000
Bed has wireless Internet, iPod dock and a way to stop snoring

updated 4:38 p.m. CT, Wed., Jan. 9, 2008
You're probably used to having a big-screen TV or a cell phone charger in the bedroom, but diversified manufacturer Leggett & Platt wants to take things a step further by bringing tech gadgets right into your bed.

The company plans to sell a tricked-out place of rest it calls the Starry Night Sleep Technology Bed, mattresses included. The bed, which was on display at the International Consumer Electronics Show, incorporates features like wireless Internet connectivity, an iPod dock, a surround sound speaker system, LCD projector, dual temperature controls and DVR capability.

Leggett & Platt said the bed also comes with a vibration-detection feature that will elevate that half of the bed 7 degrees if a user is snoring and then return to the original position once the snoring stops.
The company expects the Starry Night to be available in the first half of 2009 for $20,000 to $50,000, depending on which features a buyer chooses.

"I know it sounds like a lot, but you show me somebody that sleeps in a bed with someone that snores; I will show you a person that thinks $20,000 is a very small amount to pay to solve that problem," Mark Quinn, group executive vice president for Leggett & Platt's bedding division, said Tuesday at CES............ill let hubby keep on snoring:D.......laurie:)

people would pay 20k to not hear their partner snore?

check out my ebay store... ear plugs, a steal @ $5000...

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back