dumb question -- but how do I post a screen shot of a great win?

Diane

Ueber Meister
I did "print screen" and saved the image onto a word doc.

How do I post it here to share?

Dumb Diane

I upload to my photobucket account (it's a free account that host your pictures). Once you have them loaded at the site you can copy/paste the URL link from the site to this site.

I'm sure there are other methods. Thats the only one I've used.

If you have firefox and photobucket you can follow this article to save some time (i've never used it):
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

if u have windows 7 , open your pic
go to start menu / all programs / accessories select sniping tool

when it starts hold your mouse button down and drag it around what you want to capture
then hit the little diskette symbol and name and save as a jpg file voila ;-)

Just enlarge the screen (assuming you don't want your desktop to show) and hit the print screen button, print screen (PRTSC or PRTSCN on some keyboards). . Then go to word doc and hit ctrl + v (or paste however you are use to).

It depends on your keyboard. If your print screen button doesn't work on it's on then you might have a "fn" button. Hold down the fn button and hit print screen. Then do everything else etc etc.

If neither method works for you then, post what type of computer/keyboard you are on.

Some keyboards use other combinations (FN+INSERT) to take a screen capture.

I think she's got the screenie but doesn't know how to post it.

Diane, when you're making a new post, underneath where you're typing is a button labelled "Manage Attachments" - click on it and it will open a window to browse and upload your graphic - once it's uploaded you click the button "Insert Inline"

If I remember right, Silk had a really good "how to" a year or two ago. There have been morethan a few how to's in the past few years here. Try search, you will find a couple different ways and can pick the one that is easiest for you. :)

Diane, when you're making a new post, underneath where you're typing is a button labelled "Manage Attachments" - click on it and it will open a window to browse and upload your graphic - once it's uploaded you click the button "Insert Inline"

I tried to edit my post quickly after I re-read her post. I since fixed it lol. My mistake. :D

I tried to edit my post quickly after I re-read her post. I since fixed it lol. My mistake. :D

you're so wacky. :p

I used to host my screenies on my own server and just link to them but I find it's just easier to attach them here - it's one less step and I'm lazy like that.

I upload to my photobucket account (it's a free account that host your pictures). Once you have them loaded at the site you can copy/paste the URL link from the site to this site.

I'm sure there are other methods. Thats the only one I've used.

If you have firefox and photobucket you can follow this article to save some time (i've never used it):
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

If you hold the right ALT key whilst you press PrtSc it will only take a snap of the active window in full screen. so no desktop will show!;)

After that upload the pic to photobucket and insert the [IMG ] code into your post.

If you press printscreen and then open paint and select paste from the edit menu at the top it will paste what it has captured in to paint. Then select 'save as' and change it to a JPG intead of a BMP. Then upload the JPG file to photobucket and paste the [IMG ] code in to your post!:thumbsup:

:thumbsup::D

Cheers
Gremmy

you're so wacky. :p

I used to host my screenies on my own server and just link to them but I find it's just easier to attach them here - it's one less step and I'm lazy like that.

Think my post are wacky, just imagine what my wife puts up with lol.
smiley-talk012.gif

Not to derail but I noticed some threads like this one you can't thank a post. It's a WTG instead. Is there a way to determine what type of thread it will be? Like if you want it to be a "thank" thread or "WTG" type thread.

I can get to that step in "Manage Attachments".......but then get an error message that its too big. I really appreciate everyone trying to help, but I am really stupid in this regard.

I did the print screen when I got the win before I lost the screen in the game. I then pasted it into a word document. I can look at it all day -- but for the life of me, even after reading all the advice and related threads can't get it from word doc to showing up here in a post.

Diane

Open up the word doc
Press Print screen again
press ctrl+C
Open Paint (in accessories)
press ctrl+V
go file - save as (name it) make sure you save as a JPEG file
This should go to your pictures folder or my documents folder
when you try to do your attachment
choose browse
check my pics or my docs for the name of the file you just copied into paint

Open up the word doc
Press Print screen again
press ctrl+C
Open Paint (in accessories)
press ctrl+V
go file - save as (name it) make sure you save as a JPEG file
This should go to your pictures folder or my documents folder
when you try to do your attachment
choose browse
check my pics or my docs for the name of the file you just copied into paint

WTG Kesch, I think you have nailed it for Diane. Good Job!!! Even I understood that, and that surprises me and anyone else who knows me, because when it comes to computer stuff I am soooo not smart. :oops:

LOL jod, you are more smart than you give yourself credit.

I actually had to do it several ways to come up with the easiest LOL
It's a good thing I have a big harddrive cause I do some pretty strange things sometimes and then I forget to undo them LOL
My sons says to me the other day..."Mom, you do realize, you have a 300gig harddrive and you only have 2 gig available??? WTF do you have on this????" OOps, spent a few hours cleaning up the HD, now I have 158 gig available LMAO

on your NEXT big win :D skip the MS word step - do ALT-Print screen, open Paint, then save it as a Jpeg. Congrats again on the win...hubba hubba!!!!

on your NEXT big win :D skip the MS word step - do ALT-Print screen, open Paint, then save it as a Jpeg. Congrats again on the win...hubba hubba!!!!

Thanks I will try and remember that as I am shaking and trying to keep my head about me on a huge win. God willing it happens again!

Diane

or use screen capture software like clip2net. Then you can click the icon and drag a border around what you want to show and save it..
I always use that one so it doesn't show the whole screen, just the part you want..

I agree with this.
Why bother with all those "special softwares" and 3rd party sites when you can do everything simply with Paint?
That's what I do.

@ Diane:
Just hit "Alt Gr" + "Prnt Scrn", go to Paint & paste your shot (use the menu, or just press "CTRL"+"V").
Reduce the size to 640 wide or 480 high (whichever is higher) and save as JPEG.
Then just use the CM attachment tool to upload it directly from your PC to the forum.
I do it all the time & it only takes a minute at most.

You can get a better shot of the win you posted by opening that Word document, Right-Click on the image & click "Copy", then go to Paint & follow the instructions above.
That way your picture will be only of the slot, and not all that other stuff around it which just makes the important bit come out smaller.

Once again, great win! :thumbsup:
Please keep us informed about how your cash-out goes.
KK

I believe she could have used the select all/copy/paste function also, but I was trying to keep it easy for her.:oops:
She already had saved it to a word doc so was trying to help her in the easiest way possible. ;)
I use paint alot as I find it easy to use. I need to learn how to use photoshop so I can do cool thing with some of my pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back