Corona-time birthdays?

misstrouble

Girl of your nightmares
Hi all!

Anyone else has/had their bday during this time? How have you made it special?

Mine was quite alone. Made me realize how shit it is to be not in your Homecountry.

I used the day to post on Facebook about the trauma I had last year and ask people to either donate to any charity and if they couldn’t to check in on a friend or family.

Nobody should ever have a bad birthday!

Karma will bring an epic one soon!

What is your home country?

I have an Uncle who recently moved to Brighton. Lives in Saltdean with his new fiance. They are supposed to be getting married in May but it looks like it will be cancelled. Luckily they managed to insure their wedding 3 days before the companies stopped taking new policies.

Shame you couldnt insure your birthday.

I spent my last birthday alone on a hilltop next to my ranch: a couple of beers, some munchies, and some whisky was my company. It was a great day - but this was in October.

Being alone can be its own reward. You get some quality time with yourself :D

Sometimes it is even good to stay on your own trying to work out what is good and what is wrong happening in your life and what you need to do in order to change it in a way that suits yourself.

My birthday is a few months away but if I had to celebrate it during the lockdown, I would choose one of the countries I like and lookup for their favourite or traditional dish. Next step would be to go and purchase all the necessary ingredients to prepare the meal and follow one of the step-by-step internet guides on cooking it.

And as it's a birthday, my drink option probably would be a few bottles of good quality champagne consumed by watching some music performance /concert a new movie or just looking around on Youtube for different interesting things.

Don't grieve, life is yet to come!

birthday-smile.jpg

Last edited:
Had mine in half of March, got bad inflammatory in my lungs and ended up to spend two nights in hospital so wasn't home alone on my Bday... At least got tested negative for COVID19 during my visit... Have had better birhtdays but negative for COVID19 maybe was nice present, not sure how well my asthmatic lungs would handle that :)

Guess it sucks everywhere, let's just hope that all in this forum and all people over the world have birthday to celebrate next year, can then make it double. Didn't really think much that i even have a birthday when this shit already hit the fan and got sick myself (not for COVID like wrote above).

Looks at least in different threads that people are smart enough here to do what they are told to, it sucks to read these news where some people just decided that any lockdowns or limitations are not for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back