Come on England!!!

Spain will win the tournament, this was clear from the last 16 after the group stages. It wouldn't surprise me if England won the semi now, but no chance against Spain if they do. Losing Mead and the other two first-choice players will now come to cost England at this stage. Sadly, far short of the Euro 2021 winning side.

Great game, England rode their luck there, Kerr should've equalized twice when it was 2-1. I think it's highly unlikely they'll beat Spain, but best of luck to them!

P.S. A BIG mistake would be to start that mindless idiot who stamped on that Nigerian player, in the final. Serena don't mess with a winning formula unless you have to.

I must confess I do not follow the WSL or women's football at all. But I have to say that semi-final was very entertaining, certainly moreso than the dirge I have had to endure at Ashton Gate on a Saturday afternoon.

England's third goal was quality, Hemp was exceptional, winning the ball and that pass for Russo was just outstanding.

Spain will win the tournament, this was clear from the last 16 after the group stages. It wouldn't surprise me if England won the semi now, but no chance against Spain if they do. Losing Mead and the other two first-choice players will now come to cost England at this stage. Sadly, far short of the Euro 2021 winning side.
Lauren James is back for final she only got a 2 game ban

If England do win on Sunday, can we please replace Southgate with Sarina as manager please for the men's team?! We have no chance of winning anything with Southgate, his negative tactics cost us the Euros and also getting past France in Qatar.
Then we can start by putting Hemp in the midfield behind Kane.

I can only excuse the lionesses but clenching my teeth congratulate England (but not with all my heart)
Look, you won the netball world final against GB after losing to them in the group stage beforehand.

You retained the Ashes (with a bloody great piece of assistance from our exceptionally shitty July weather which hit 40c the year before and was 16c and wet when you lot turned up the same time this year lol.) It was drawn 2-2 but in the weather-affected test England were cruising and it would have, should have, been a rare 3-2 victory from 2-0 down. Jammy Aussies.

The soccer. After some considerable spawn in the penalty shootout against France (most exciting one I've ever seen live) you got the privilege of finally playing against a decent side like England's Lionesses in the semi. You even scored the best goal (arguably) of the whole tournament by Kerr. But quality will always tell in the end and England were superior in all areas. But a great performance overall from the Matildas.

Now you should cheer us on against Spain, we are very slight underdogs and it's always preferable to have comfort in the fact your nation was knocked out by the eventual winners. In the England men's soccer, we can testify to that.

Great game, England rode their luck there, Kerr should've equalized twice when it was 2-1. I think it's highly unlikely they'll beat Spain, but best of luck to them!

P.S. A BIG mistake would be to start that mindless idiot who stamped on that Nigerian player, in the final. Serena don't mess with a winning formula unless you have to.
100% correct. She can talk all she likes about "being sorry for letting herself and her teammates down, will learn and grow from the experience blah blah blah". FIFA should have banned her for 3 games to send a message, but bottled it. Now all it has done is give Weigman a dilemma.

Except that it really isn't a dilemma.

The media (ESPECIALLY the BLMBBC) will try and make a story out of this being a selection dilemma for Weigman (because it gives them a VERY EASY redemption story to write if Weigman chooses to start James and it pays off....YAWN!), but it's actually a very easy choice to make.

If I am in Weigman's shoes, I just have to ask myself one question....

Out of all the games that I am being asked to consider taking a leap of faith in someone (who let me down bigtime the last time they were on the pitch), you want me to take said leap of faith by starting her in THE BLOODY WORLD CUP FINAL?
Just so that you lazy fucks can get a chance to write a redemption story that writes itself?

Nope. No way. I go with who I can trust to stay professional and keep their ego in check when the going gets tough.
Fuck you and your redemption story already, lazy woke media folk.
She broke that trust with her needless act of petulance.

If James gets on as a potential impact substitute sometime during the second half, she should consider herself damn lucky.

100% correct. She can talk all she likes about "being sorry for letting herself and her teammates down, will learn and grow from the experience blah blah blah". FIFA should have banned her for 3 games to send a message, but bottled it. Now all it has done is give Weigman a dilemma.

Except that it really isn't a dilemma.

The media (ESPECIALLY the BLMBBC) will try and make a story out of this being a selection dilemma for Weigman (because it gives them a VERY EASY redemption story to write if Weigman chooses to start James and it pays off....YAWN!), but it's actually a very easy choice to make.

If I am in Weigman's shoes, I just have to ask myself one question....

Out of all the games that I am being asked to consider taking a leap of faith in someone (who let me down bigtime the last time they were on the pitch), you want me to take said leap of faith by starting her in THE BLOODY WORLD CUP FINAL?
Just so that you lazy fucks can get a chance to write a redemption story that writes itself?

Nope. No way. I go with who I can trust to stay professional and keep their ego in check when the going gets tough.
Fuck you and your redemption story already, lazy woke media folk.
She broke that trust with her needless act of petulance.

If James gets on as a potential impact substitute sometime during the second half, she should consider herself damn lucky.
I was thinking the same - it'd have been better to solve the issue with a 3-match ban. Frustration is no excuse for the act against Nigeria. In Spain, England will come up against a side that does exactly the same as England, plays for majority possession so 'frustration' will be a very big issue in the final. Sarina must not do a 'Southgate' (viz-a-viz the disastrous decisions regarding the penalty shootout in the Euro 2020 final.)

The trouble is, in some sections of the media, race seems to be more important than ability. There were even rumblings after the Lionesses victory in Euro 2021 about the 'lack of diversity' in the team. But that was no surprise as people like that inevitably try and suck the joy out of anything if they deem it not to comply with their racial tropes. As with all walks of life, persons should be selected according to ability rather than their race.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back