Betfair appoints new online poker chief

jetset

RIP Brian
STUBBS APPOINTED DIRECTOR OF POKER AT BETFAIR

Online poker pioneer has significant experience

The online gambling group Betfair has appointed online poker industry veteran Bruce Stubbs as Director of Poker with immediate effect.

Stubbs joins Betfair Poker having been part of the online poker phenomenon since its infancy and was previously Marketing Director at Paradise Poker.

His most recent role was as Project Manager on Betfairs behalf for the World Series of Poker Europe presented by Betfair.com, where he played an key role in the tournaments success. More recently, he has been involved in behind-the-scenes activity in securing Betfair Pokers high profile sponsorship of 19 year-old Norwegian poker prodigy Annette Obrestad.

Betfair Managing Director Niall Wass said: This appointment is further evidence that we are taking our online poker business very seriously. Bruce has an impressive pedigree in the space and has already proven that he can deliver results. We look forward to feeling his impact on the development of our poker strategy.

Stubbs added: Betfair is a unique organisation that I have admired for some time. The brand values that Betfair extols fit with my personal views on how an online gaming site should operate and I think that they put Betfair in a unique position to become a major player in the online poker sector.

Betfair Poker was launched in May 2004 and operates under a Maltese license; Ben Fried remains with the company as Head of Poker for Great Britain and Ireland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back