Attempt to avoid bad bonus

gambyx7

Meister Member
Quite often I blame myself for picking "wrong" bonus in slots like IR, TS2, TFROL, JP, GOT....

So, I tried the method in which the slot itself picks the feature (just like it does in Jurassic Pick in the begining).

It goes like this:

x2p2px.jpg

I am looking first (left to right) scatter-free reel and according to the symbol picking the feature. In this case first non-scatter reel has Amber, so I am picking "her". In case that on reel are all symbols which have feature, I am picking one on the top. If there are no symbols with feature, I pick feature with biggest number of free spins. Same goes if I get 5-scatter spin.

So, here is my experience from last few days.

Immortal Romance

Well, 7/10 gives Amber, 2/10 gives Sarah and 1/10 has no symbols so I pick Sarah again. At first I sticked to that and Amber was even OK, few times over 150x, very little uinder 30x wins. But Sarah is horrible these days. Mostly about/under 15x. So this friday I tried my favourite (Troy) although slot "suggested" Amber and ended with 200x win. Considering all, seems I will give up of this method.

Jurrasic Park

Whatever I picked from "slot suggestion" became almost zero so I also gave up. Also, T-rex is most rewarding feature for me on any slot, so it very hard to pick anything else .

GOT (15 lines)

This version "likes me" much much more than 243 so that's why I play it. Non-scatter method seems to work here best, although there are some onedigit feature wins.

As the conclusion I would say that it is better way to blame myself for "wrong pick"....

Good to know someone else has a 'system' other than me lol.

With IR I tend to go 2-4-3-1 (Troy, Sarah, Michael, Amber) and repeat if I'm lucky enough to be on the slot that long lol.

JP 3-1-2-4-5 (Brachio, T-Rex, Velico, Triceratops and Last Dilopho)

Playboy 3-4-1-2

TFROL 4-1-2-3

Thunderstruck II 3-4-2-1

The explanation behind my system as you may well guess is that I hate any 'all wins x 5' features as over the years I have very little 'good' to report. I tend to start off with very first choice(s) that will at least (from past experience) increase the balance by 30-50x possibly more.

Once in a stronger position then I move on to what I consider to be the more 'riskier' choices of bonus.

Best so far (in LOTS of play, all based on 0.30 stakes))

IR - £403.00 (Troy, wild on reels 1,3 and 5 - Bats on both reels 2 and 4)

TS II - £156 (line up on Thor's feature)

Playboy - £90 (Gillian Wild Night feature, although play this a lot less than the slots hence nothing huge)

Jurassic Park - £206 on Brachio, £227 on Dilpoho, £185 on Velico, £173 on T-Rex (nothing special to report on Triceratops)

GOT 243 - £242 (10 Spins at x4)

All this being said I cannot recall the last decent one on most (apart from IR, £158 Sarah and £141 Troy in recent times)

Well my standard choices are:

IR - Troy - seems like (may I say it?) sure win (up to 20-30x), but it is moody as others. Sarah is very cold, I can't remember spin with really big win and full of wines. Also Micheal is very stingy, hits over 100x are very rare comparing to other features.

JP - Brachio and Dilopho are very keen to give me very little so I avoid them.

TFROL - Whiskey is may favourite feature, slow, relaxed, enough spins and very rare wins below 35-40x. First two feature frustrate me (although Wine and Cheese was my favourite) and last one I simply find boring.

TS2 - Similar as with TFROL I tend to avoid second feature (Loki), gave me almost nothing to often. I prefer Odin, but I think I only once saw 2x + 3x in action, so maybe there is the key.

I don't perform any such shenanigans, but one thing I'm doing is I'm using random number generation (either random.org or some physical dice rolling) pretty much always when a feature asks me to pick something, else I'm usually annoyed with the result and going "if only I picked that one" :p As it is I have yet another RNG to blame and I seem to prefer that. As for picking the bonus, I always seem to know which I want so leaving that to choice is not really my style - had enough of randomly chosen bonuses on Jurassic Park already.

Sadly, I'd have to play a ton of Immortal Romance, Playboy, Thunderstruck 2, The Finer Reels Of Life, Jurrasic Park and others to even try this "strategy". I'll try it with Game of Thrones, though.

I just got three bonus symbols on Mega Fortune I always pick the highest symbol so at moment I have two bonus symbols on bottom line and one on middle row so I pick middle row as I assume it won't matter anyway the result will be the same.

I just got three bonus symbols on Mega Fortune I always pick the highest symbol so at moment I have two bonus symbols on bottom line and one on middle row so I pick middle row as I assume it won't matter anyway the result will be the same.

I have tried this method with Eagles Wings slot since you have to pick scatter in order to get number of free spins. However, I discovered that picking the middle one (so unrelated fo "height") almost always results with lowest number of free spins.

Also (I do get a bit off topic) at some point I thought that scatter symbols placed higher at reels give better total win of the feature, but at the end it all depends on pure luck.

I don't perform any such shenanigans, but one thing I'm doing is I'm using random number generation (either random.org or some physical dice rolling) pretty much always when a feature asks me to pick something, else I'm usually annoyed with the result and going "if only I picked that one" :p As it is I have yet another RNG to blame and I seem to prefer that. As for picking the bonus, I always seem to know which I want so leaving that to choice is not really my style - had enough of randomly chosen bonuses on Jurassic Park already.

You're using an rng to pick something which is already created by an rng :confused: It's double random now

With JP, I used to always take the trex bonus but I discovered that I do better juggling the middle three. I never take trex or dilophaphuck.

IR, mostly Troy with Sara mixed in if the reels are hot.

TSII always, Loki. but this slot should not be played, ever.

TFROL Wine and cheese, whiskey or champagne.

I do believe that taking the Amber, Valkyrie and the other first one in TFROL is the wisest but you tend to shy away from just 10 spins.

I use random.org for all my picking. Random picker for single selection picks or random lists for multiple picks. I find doing the picks myself can tilt me slightly if I make the wrong choices where as using a random source doesn't. Whatever works for you I guess :)

You're using an rng to pick something which is already created by an rng :confused: It's double random now

It's just a way to pick a choice without actually choosing, nothing more. Whether it actually makes any difference (or sense) is another thing, I just don't like making a crappy pick myself ;)

I will normally invoke the spirits and sacrifice a chicken. Then I'll dance around its mutilated corpse and recite ancient prayer to give me guidance.

After setting the remains ablaze, I meditate for an hour before consulting ancient texts for enlightenment.

Still no idea what f*cking features to pick, mind :mad::eek:

If you're gonna win big, you'll win big regardless.

Having said that, the Amber spins can effectively award the second highest pay after a 5-reel WD. Should you land the 5 wilds with Sarahs in it, you'll be about 6-7k x stake IIRC (I worked it out once!)

Sarah feature can also award full screen of Wilds (it was done on Loki or IR once I believe there is a screenie somewhere).

The other 2 can't really get close.

I just pick the 5 x win feature because it's the only one you can retrigger freespins on and i'm hoping i can get a 5 scatter retigger one day, I have had 4 scatter retrigger on thunderstruck 2, I have picked Sarah before for a change but i'm tired of seeing the same bonus when the wild vine comes in and it only changes the middle symbols wild and nothing else that's how my sarah features always seem to go then i get annoyed and say to myself , should have just picked Amber lol.

Ok, I am going to reveal my big secret :D
I usually repeat inside my head the following sequence of numbers, each number is assigned to a spin:
0, 1, 2, 0, 3 repeat

If a spin raises a question, the answer will be determined be the number assigned to that spin.

For example, lets say I play IR

1st spin 0
2nd spin 1
3rd spin 2, free spins won, I choose the 2nd feature (because of the number 2 assigned to that spin) :)

Why the 0 and why two of them? Because it represents my favorite choice.

Another example, the gamble feature. Do I gamble? 0 is for no, 1 means 1 time, 2 means 2 times, 3 means 3 times.
Important note: the number is just a suggestion, I usually do whatever I feel like in the moment :drink:

Ok, I am going to reveal my big secret :D
I usually repeat inside my head the following sequence of numbers, each number is assigned to a spin:
0, 1, 2, 0, 3 repeat

If a spin raises a question, the answer will be determined be the number assigned to that spin.

For example, lets say I play IR

1st spin 0
2nd spin 1
3rd spin 2, free spins won, I choose the 2nd feature (because of the number 2 assigned to that spin) :)

Interesting method, but if you play hundreds of spins it could be quite demanding....

I also tried even dice roller on random.org, but wasn't happy with results.

I do make statistics of all bonuses (last two months) and I partly rely on it while picking, but at the end of the day I am simply guided by feeling. Because if Troy gave 2x win, it doesn't mean that next will be so much better (though it "should" be).

I was also inspired by scatter positions (talking about IR): scatters on first three reels can open Amber to nice hit and same goes for Troy-wild-scatter on 2nd reel (other scatters on reel 1 and 3), but then Sarah should be picked...

I have to say that slots without feature choices can be (from time to time) more fun since you can't blame yourself for wrong pick :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back