Q&A Ask Me Anything about Slots (AMA) 2020 with Trancemonkey

Hey... I don't really come here often any more, but I still stop by occasionally... I'm emmigrating to Serbia, Belgrade in April 2024 as a Director Producer for the land based IGT studio there.. mainly making games for North America, but still sometimes doing other markets...
Wow that's amazing!! :thumbsup:
Ping me whenever you need some tips or help :D

Does Sweet Bonanza have "reels", how would they work with the tumble? Or are all the sequences predetermined and every spin just picks from one of those?

Does Sweet Bonanza have "reels", how would they work with the tumble? Or are all the sequences predetermined and every spin just picks from one of those?
It appears to use reel sets (5 of them to be precise). However, there appears to be some shenanigans that I can't work out, as the symbols that appear on the screen don't seem to correspond with groups on the reel sets. It could be that it takes random symbols from a reel, so the reels are actually used as sets of possible symbols, rather than traditional reels that spin and stop. If that was the case, then tumbles would, I assume, take another random symbol from that reel and drop it in.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to determine from the information we have access to.

Here's one you've maybe been asked already, but to save me reading literally every post in this thread, and the previous one(s)...

Does the "extra/super bet" make a genuine difference? You get it on a lot of games; increase the bet total for an increased chance of landing the bonus game. I've never really noticed much difference tbh, but I haven't done an extended test so couldn't honestly say. Does it matter? And what are the actual mechanics involved if so?

To be fair, having played Mystery Mission to the Moon quite extensively in recent times I’d say there is definitely a difference when switching on the small extra bet for “increase chance to land feature”.
Doesn’t mean I win any more of course, but at least I get to see free spins sometimes 😅

To be fair, having played Mystery Mission to the Moon quite extensively in recent times I’d say there is definitely a difference when switching on the small extra bet for “increase chance to land feature”.
Doesn’t mean I win any more of course, but at least I get to see free spins sometimes 😅
Imo thats the worst thing about the 'extra bet' nonsense that many providers use now.
Its not pay to win more, its pay to make the slot a bit more interesting.
Technically they make more money since you are betting more and still getting the same rtp, and i guess thats why its there.

But they could just make a slot that have all the 'fun' features without having to bet extra to unlock them.

66.gif

On those slots where the extra bet is reasonably priced at +25% and the game's action pretty much depends on the feature, it can be a worthwhile shortcut. Anything over that, and the balance just drops too fast. Remember, the game still only pays according to the initial bet. Take certain Big Bass titles, it costs +50% and this will start to hurt real fast. I am still unsuccessful - but far less - on those playing without the extra bet enabled. And not to mention these ridiculous +500% costs we see more and more lately, they are almost in feature buy territory.

Unrelated, I have a question for this thread:

Why are the different providers allowed to so blatantly copy eachother's games and concepts? Are there no plagiarism rules? I see that Megaways is TM, but other than that it seems they can do as they please, no credit to the original source?

When I had a bigger playing pot and these Extra Bets first appeared, I have to be honest (and not moan for once) that I actually did notice a difference, Gates of Olympus and another I cannot recall the name of (Prag similar to Money Train) being the main two.

Not too keen on the way it is worded in some games though when they say "Double the chance to win feature" for a random mechanic, this should not really be possible to determine.

Double chance could also mean, we only have to wait 500 spins instead of 1K :p

On the topic on extra bet, I don't really like the ones that just says you have more chance of landing, much more fan of the likes of No Limit which you are guaranteed one scatter etc.

"Double the chance to win feature" for a random mechanic, this should not really be possible to determine.
It's eminently possible if you have two ballbags on your back end :thumbsup:, one for "normal" play and one with double the amount of bonus triggers in it, used when the player selects "double chance extra bet".

Just came across this, wonder what the industry guys like Trance thinks,hehe. He does have valid points on how to play, like I don't play the high bets/variance first, I try to get ahead like double money then will go play the higher bets/variance slots.

A lot of what we talk about on the forum and in this thread though.

Everything he says seems accurate and well explained. His 'tips' is probably the bit that is worst explained. The way he says it is like you're almost guaranteed to double or triple your money on one of the boring games. Obviously, that isn't the case (and isn't what he means), but it come across that way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back