ALMOST 30 MILLION

juliack

Experienced Member
I checked my 6/49 lotto ticket for last Wednesdays draw which was worth 30 MIL. I was shocked to see I hit 5 of the 6 numbers. The sixth number I missed was 37 and I had 43. There was one winner for the full amount in Quebec. The amazing thing is that there are only 316 winners who got 5 out of 6 numbers correct out of the millions and millions of players. I think that makes the odds about one in 500,000 to hit 5 out of 6. I got $2012.00 for the win which is still much better than the usual $10 wins I get for 3 correct numbers. Cheers

Congrats on that win.
This brought back memories to me.I played the Mass lottery five years ago and I had the same thing and that 37 was that stupid number that came out and I had 36 so I know how you feel.

I checked my 6/49 lotto ticket for last Wednesdays draw which was worth 30 MIL. I was shocked to see I hit 5 of the 6 numbers. The sixth number I missed was 37 and I had 43. There was one winner for the full amount in Quebec. The amazing thing is that there are only 316 winners who got 5 out of 6 numbers correct out of the millions and millions of players. I think that makes the odds about one in 500,000 to hit 5 out of 6. I got $2012.00 for the win which is still much better than the usual $10 wins I get for 3 correct numbers. Cheers

Congrats on the win. Most of the winners of the 7 numbers when its high like that always seem to come from Quebec or out West.
Saturday's 32 million went to a lone winner in Quebec. :thumbsup:

The amazing thing is that there are only 316 winners who got 5 out of 6 numbers correct out of the millions and millions of players. I think that makes the odds about one in 500,000 to hit 5 out of 6. I got $2012.00 for the win which is still much better than the usual $10 wins I get for 3 correct numbers. Cheers

That should be changed. You almost hit the jackpot and they give you $2012.00 :eek:

It should be higher.

I can't even get 3 numbers.
:lolup:

I checked my 6/49 lotto ticket for last Wednesdays draw which was worth 30 MIL. I was shocked to see I hit 5 of the 6 numbers. The sixth number I missed was 37 and I had 43. There was one winner for the full amount in Quebec. The amazing thing is that there are only 316 winners who got 5 out of 6 numbers correct out of the millions and millions of players. I think that makes the odds about one in 500,000 to hit 5 out of 6.
I make the probability of getting 5 out 6 about 1 in 54200, which is a bit less than hitting a royal fluch in most kinds of VP. Hence the estimated number of tickets sold is about 17 million, which seems reasonable given Canada's population.

I've always thought with the UK lottery that the prizes should be spread better. Who needs 30 mill? I'd play more often if it was like 2 mill and then 250k for 5 nos. or something.

I've always thought with the UK lottery that the prizes should be spread better. Who needs 30 mill? I'd play more often if it was like 2 mill and then 250k for 5 nos. or something.
The tickets would have to cost nearly 5 pounds just to cover the 250k prizes for 5 number, before even considering the other prizes, operating costs, the operator's profit, taxes, money for good causes, etc.

We have basically the same thing in Hong Kong except that we draw seven numbers ie six numbers for the 1st prize and the seventh number is called an extra number. If you get 6 numbers, it's the 1st prized whereas if you get any of the first 5 numbers plus the extra number you get 2nd prize and the payout is very good.

We have basically the same thing in Hong Kong except that we draw seven numbers ie six numbers for the 1st prize and the seventh number is called an extra number. If you get 6 numbers, it's the 1st prized whereas if you get any of the first 5 numbers plus the extra number you get 2nd prize and the payout is very good.

We have exactly the same thing in austria, but the payouts are certainly not so high, because we're a very small country :)

But it's certainly enough to buy something, if you hit 6 numbers.

For 6 numbers you get normally always about € 1.000.000.- and for 5 numbers + extra number about € 150.000.- (if more people have 5 numbers + extra number, it's certinaly much lesser) and for 5 numbers only € 1.500.- (it depends certainly, how much people have also 5 numbers, but that's normally always about 100-200 peoples!)

Hi Chuchu59. We have the same thing on lotto 6/49 where there is a seventh bonus number. In my case the bonus number was 8 so I was much closer to the actual sixth number. Cheers

yeah canada has a seven-ball lottery (#1-43 i think) once a week and the 6-49 twice weekly. and the super seven has a bonus number on top of the seven drawn. i think the odds are considerably longer on this 7/43 versus 6/49, but you get three lines of numbers for the price of one ($2), and i think the prize table is better although the jackpots usually not more than the six-ball unless no one gets the biggie for a while. 30-40 million is about as high as either ever goes.

i used to be in a lotto group at work, until the guy that organized it resigned employment. it's nicer that way, pay less per week to get a bunch more numbers to win a smaller share. be too funny too if you ever won, like ten or more people just up and quit the job... lol

:thumbsup:

The probability of 5 numbers out 6 is 43 times the probability of 5+1, so the lottery company can afford to offer much higher prizes on the latter.

Personally, I think all lotteries would get more play if more people knew that the odds were better stacked and they would get a cut of it .

I agree with
Who needs 30 mill?
. If the lottery were divvied up in 2 mil or even 5 mil increments on each drawing and numbers drawn until the full amount goes each time, they would get a tremendous amount of play.

No one needs 30 mil, 100 mil ect ect...but if one gets a few mil, think of all the more people to spread the wealth to.

I say, make it that the max a winner can get is 5 mil and a new number drawn until the pot is back down to the original 1 million or 12 mil (here it is 12 mil for the mega) it starts at..

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back