Tips ACHTUNG!! Neteller Email SCAM ALERT!

Nifty29

Dormant account
Hey Gang

I received a VERY genuine looking email from Neteller asking me to login to accept "New Ts and Cs" or my account would be closed.

A close inspection of the from address shows it is NOT genuine.

Here is the email. The logos and background etc look authentic too....not showing here as I don't want the sender to ID my machine etc so left them blocked.

Please be careful out there!

View this email in your browser
Is this email really from Neteller?

Dear sucker@nicetry.com

We would like to inform you that your account is pending closure for failing to accept the new Neteller Account Terms of Use and the Privacy Policy until the 31th of December, 2013.

This is your last and final warning. To avoid account closure, please follow the link below and confirm your personal information. Failing to do so until the 31th of December, 2013 will be considered a denial of our terms and conditions and your account will be permanently closed.

Enjoy using Neteller!

Best wishes,

Neteller Customer Service

Follow us:

Copyright Optimal Payments Plc. All rights reserved. Optimal Payments Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (FRN: 900015) for the issuing of electronic money and payment instruments. Optimal Payments Merchant Services Limited is licensed by the Financial Supervision Commission of the Isle of Man (Ref. 1357) to carry out money transmission services. NETELLER and Net+ are registered trademarks of Optimal Payments Plc. Net+ prepaid cards are issued by Optimal Payments Limited, pursuant to a licence from MasterCard International Inc. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc..
Neteller MasterCard terms and conditions

Did you forward the mail to Neteller? I normally report all phishing mails I get from banks and paypal and stuff, if the company is involved it gets them shut down faster. phishing at neteller.com :)

Did you forward the mail to Neteller? I normally report all phishing mails I get from banks and paypal and stuff, if the company is involved it gets them shut down faster. phishing at neteller.com :)

Yes, please forward the email to vip@neteller.com. Thanks!

The "pending closure" bit is always a strong sign of scam, apart from grammatical errors and typos. Suckers:mad:

This is not how changes are handled in any case. A genuine change will be notified by an email telling you that if you continue using your account after a given date, you are deemed to have accepted the new terms and conditions. It's the same with banks.

In any case, it is advisable to log on directly, rather than click a link, to accept or reset anything.

I am critical of Neteller though, because some GENUINE emails from them offer a "click here" function to register for some of their promotions, and this could allow acceptance of "click here" with Neteller emails to lull people into a false sense of security that it is OK to do so with Neteller. I actually find it quite tricky to register for some of the giveaways by logging on to my account rather than clicking a link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back