22 days to go until the Beijing Olympics

same_old

Dormant account
webmeister
PABaccred
Hiya everyone,

So the time has come again for all countries to gather in all different sports to see which country will be victorious for 2008.

What are all your persoanl favorite sports people?- basketball is one of mine.

Swimming is another as Australia always dominates in that area. Weight lifting is also something I like to watch.

Are you all going to place a bet on the any of the sports this year??

I am not a big fan off basketball but russia versus usa at the olympics is allways viewing gold for the neutral.

Also i like the boxing..who will be the next big thing.

I am taking the day off tomorrow to watch the Opening and other related events. From the looks of it the 100M dash has all the makings of a fantastic showdown.

Olympics.. hmmm

Ah Hah!!! ok the subject is in "print" and your talking Olympics and it says up top of page, this is the place to blab away so would it be safe to say... Olympics :( :sob:

See, I'm one of "them" who live in the place where in.. how long did you say... 8 days (and of course 2 years) it will all be in my backyard!!

Does it seem like perhaps I'm NOT an fan of the Olympics? Oh contrare.. I applaud & admire all the hard working atheletes, I do, and in years past have watched with great anticipation to see if "my" Country might bring home 1 or 2 gold/silver or bronze... no.. my feelings regarding the Olympics has nothing to do with those who enter this competiton, nor the competitive strive to be the best, it's the IOC and the aftermath to those Countries who beg for the opportunity to have their's be "the one". Well, we did it.. we're gonna be the "1" in 2010!

Anyone want a home for 2 weeks, mine will be empty, my ad would read "quiet rural setting, far enough away from all that hustle & bustle so as to provide a "restfull haven" yet close enough to get to and from daily events *roflmao*

I could make a fortune but not nearly enough to make a dent in what will take the rest of what-ever time I have on this earth (which hopefully will be awhile yet), to cover what our "dearly beloved" (in jest) Premier has opted to "donate" for this exhibition... like many countries and a few other provinces who have gone before us here in BC, we're gonna be in debt forever, maybe, if luck is with us, my great great grandchildren will finally see a "paid in full" stamp but I doubt it.. probably be their great great ones *snicker*

Ok so now I've ranted, and how rude of me, I did it in your space.. I do hope you'll be forgiving enough to take this for what it is.. just a rant on the Olympic Commitee, never the Olympic participants nor the countries they represent.. (does that statement save me?)

All that said, I'll be watching the swimming to.. cuz Aussies really will dominate, they have worked long and hard to improve training techniques beyond what could have ever been imagined!! woo hoo go Aussie's :thumbsup:

GREAT POST lets keep this up and going through the event. I prefer the winter games but there are many events i like diving swimming and lots more.
I do try to catch most of them and have the site posted up at all times on the puter to see the standings.
Hey fix we could swap houses you can come to toronto and stay here ill go there for the few weeks.
GO CANADA
and good luck to all our forum members countries also.
see u there.

i'll watch a little boxing. i like mens gymnastics(rings). other than that the olympics make me sick to my stomach. one gigantic commercial that runs for weeks.

hmmmm, Suzecat we arent actually doing that well in the swimming atm.

Ok everyone its day 3 and here is the current medal tally.

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

Aus has 2 gold and 2 Bronze...

The official site is

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

geez USA are doing so well in the swimming events, just watcghed the relay and saw USA just pip France to win gold

All I can say is thank goodness football season starts soon! I did try to watch some of the US-China basketball game, but then I went on the computer and saw the final score while I was watching the 2nd quarter. I hate tape delay sports, takes the excitement out of it for me.

hmmmm, Suzecat we arent actually doing that well in the swimming atm.

Ok everyone its day 3 and here is the current medal tally.

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

Aus has 2 gold and 2 Bronze...

The official site is

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

geez USA are doing so well in the swimming events, just watcghed the relay and saw USA just pip France to win gold

same_old...........I don't know your sense of humor, so gotta ask...........is your tongue in your cheek? :)

Oh bigtime my deer friend, I needs a big slice of humble pie..

I'am as easy going as they come mate, it takes a bit to offend me. I actually thought we would dominate in the pool but it's not to be.... I'am still thinking in the days of Kieren Perkins and Ian Thorpe

Oh bigtime my deer friend, I needs a big slice of humble pie..

I'am as easy going as they come mate, it takes a bit to offend me. I actually thought we would dominate in the pool but it's not to be.... I'am still thinking in the days of Kieren Perkins and Ian Thorpe

Hey it ain't over til it's over! And I am stilll thinking of Mark Spitz :D .........though the relay team is surely kicking some serious butt!

Still the population of Australia is roughly 21,388,597 and the USA has 304,840,000 so if you compare size we are infact on par...

Thats all I have left Suze :rolleyes:

Still the population of Australia is roughly 21,388,597 and the USA has 304,840,000 so if you compare size we are infact on par...

Thats all I have left Suze :rolleyes:
same_old has got you there suze;) hey whats the name of that swimmer that is gonna beat mark s. all time record? now he's a hotty and dang what a body:D i swim like a rock myself, i admire all those great talents, where ever they may hail from:thumbsup:.....................laurie

same_old has got you there suze;) hey whats the name of that swimmer that is gonna beat mark s. all time record? now he's a hotty and dang what a body:D i swim like a rock myself, i admire all those great talents, where ever they may hail from:thumbsup:.....................laurie

From AP yesterday: "Michael Phelps etched his name with Mark Spitz and Carl Lewis among the winningest Olympians ever Tuesday."

The man swims like a fish and never gets tired! He did two beats yesterday.......50 minutes apart........and won 'em both:thumbsup:

Laurie............I thought I did quite well on this thread ............ my tongue will heal shortly ;) and same_old and I has an understanding;)

Gotta learn more Aussie talk...........somehow "throw a shrimp on the barbie" and "Sheila" didn't help me much on this thread:D

lauram... thanks for the offer but..

Ok, so I know I said I don't wanna be here when the "Big Event" happens here in 2010 in BC and I do thank you but... I have a Sis who lives in Pickering, a cuz who lives in the "Beaches".... Let's be honest.. if I'm think'n of getting away from the "hussle & bussle".. Toronto isn't going to do it for me *lol*

I love coming out there, your nite life is fantastic but it never stops.. no time for recoup but I do appreciate the offer :notworthy not to mention the 401... it's the scariest drive I have ever made, until you get past the Don Valley... does rush hour ever end out there? :eek2:

I have to add I am sad to say the Aussie's have proved me wrong so far, I honestly thought they'd rule the "waters" but unfortuntely not happening but..

Congrats to all those Countries who have attained medals to date!

(see, told you I wasn't "againts" the Olympics :)

My predictions based on paddypower odds

David Price (GBR) 3 - 1

Mens superheavyweight boxing

The guy is huge. 6ft 8ins

He stopped the favorite in his first bout. He has a punchers chance against anyone. He could turn out to be an excellent pro in years to come.

Usain Bolt 1 - 10

mens 200m athletics

Crap odds but I can see him doing something special in the final. Maybe challenge Michael Johnsons World Record. He is 1-4 to win the 100m.

I dont think there will be any value in this bet but I will be watching his races with interest

Usain Bolt to win the 100 and 200 Metres 3 - 10

I am struggling to come up with any decent value bets. Maybe the USA failing to win the mens 4X100m relay. Ive not seen the betting for this yet.

Chinese Athletes to pull off a few shocks in different events. They have home advantage & some have been appearing from nowhere.

I also feel that basket ball in olympics is really very interesting to watch. But i like swimming the most. I also like to play online games online and there is a useless online games site that I spam regularly which has lots of online games to play. These are really very enjoyable if you're 2 years old and thick as a US president.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back