When does a progressive yield +EV play on a given slot machine?

bgermain1985

PABnononaccred
Hello everyone,

I know it has been a while since I last posted but the past couple weeks I saw some interesting things that got me wondering.
Last night, I got a chance to play that new 'Deal or No Deal - Join N Play', Atronic's community slot game thing where everyone plays DOND at the same time.

So anyways, to play the community game (initiated once every 11 minutes) you collect 18 cases per multipler, achieved by random bonuses and symbols behind the reels. You activate all the reels on a max bet therefore having the best chance of earning qualifying cases. Similarly, the top pay becomes a jackpot progressive which is awarded only on max bet, normally 1000 coins otherwise.

Now, the game is multiway 5x3 reels (243 ways) for 50 credits @ 1c. The max bet is 5 coins so 2.5$ a spin with the progressive starting at 50$ (This is the value top pay at max coins should pay anyways). The fine print says the JP is won on max bet, with or without wilds (only on reels 2,3,4 anyways).

So, getting to my point, when a player cashes out, any qualifying cases are forfeited. The theoretical 'value' of these cases goes into the PJP.
I saw a progressive at 1338$ the other day - I didnt have the money or time to continue chasing, but isn't 1288$ on top of the what should be 50$ prize for top pay enough to make max bet play a +EV manuever?

What I'm looking for is, can anyone determine what the minimum PJP prize would be to make this slot a +EV game.

I read further the machine will cap the PJP at 20k$ - I cant imagine it getting much higher than that; most machines between mohegan and foxwoods averaged from 100-300.

On a side note, I saw a cashman tonight with a 429$ minor and 300 major, lol. I dont want to digress from the DOND discussion but im sure you guys get my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back