Internet Gambling Ban Appears Likely to Withstand 3rd Circuit Challenge

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
Internet Gambling Ban Appears Likely to Withstand 3rd Circuit Challenge

In the high-stakes court battle over the constitutionality of a federal law that bans all Internet gambling transactions that would be illegal in the gambler's state, a trio of federal appeals judges in Philadelphia appeared unlikely on Tuesday to strike the law down.

Instead, all three judges on the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals panel seemed inclined to uphold the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 and to reject arguments from two lawyers for a gambling trade association who complained that the wording of the law is so vague it cannot be understood.

Shannon P. Duffy
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Perhaps the strongest indicator of the likely winner came when Bagley stopped his own 20-minute argument about halfway through and said he would be happy to take a seat if the judges had no further questions.

"I'm OK with that," Sloviter said for the panel.
WTF? :what:

I thought these attorneys were well prepared. Their arguments seemed rather weak IMO.

WTF? :what:

I thought these attorneys were well prepared. Their arguments seemed rather weak IMO.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing when I read that article and some of the lame-ass arguments that both of them were not even making well at all. Surely they can find a couple of better attorneys that those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back