- Joined
- Mar 31, 2005
Yes you read the thread title correctly and if I read this whilst eating my breakfast, I would likely have made a mess with it all over the table!
So it is being reported that Clarion Events which is responsible for not only the ICE show but all the iGB Affiliate Shows, is being acquired for £2.24 BILLION. I remember attending the first CAP Euro and Olympia eons ago, before iGaming Business took it over. To think now it is part of a company valued in billions.
I bet the likes of Michael Caselli and Alex Pratt have woken up with massive smiles this morning!!
So it is being reported that Clarion Events which is responsible for not only the ICE show but all the iGB Affiliate Shows, is being acquired for £2.24 BILLION. I remember attending the first CAP Euro and Olympia eons ago, before iGaming Business took it over. To think now it is part of a company valued in billions.
I bet the likes of Michael Caselli and Alex Pratt have woken up with massive smiles this morning!!
The acquisition covers Clarion Events’ complete portfolio, spanning WorldGaming – which operates ICE Barcelona and iGB Affiliate – as well as events in the electronics, defence/security, technology and energy sectors.
“The planned separation of Taylor & Francis coincides with further expansion in B2B through the £2.24bn acquisition of Clarion, the UK-based owner of more than 100 B2B live event brands,” said Stephen A. Carter, group chief executive at Informa.
Alex Pratt, managing director at WorldGaming, labelled it a “big day” for Clarion Events.
“I joined iGamingBusiness in 2004. Seeing what we've built at WorldGaming recognised like this means a lot, and the credit goes to the team who did the work over the last 22 years,” he said.
“Very excited for the next stage in the journey. Informa's data, digital capability and international reach are exactly what our live and digital ecosystem needs to go further, faster.”
You do not have permission to view link
Log in or register now.
