Sweet Bonanza: No Max Wins???

AdamBetsMax

We see max wins all the time on Hacksaw, No Limit, and other Pragmatic Games with 5,000x to 20,000x but how come I have not see ONE max win on Sweet Bonanza or Buffalo Spirit for that matter? These games have been around since World War I and still no documented max wins. Hmm....

Pretty sure the same applies for Peking Luck which had an advertised "Max Win" of 180,000x and that's never been seen to my knowledge.

Pretty sure this was in the early days of Pragmatic where they advertised these nuts potential wins but were actually incredibly incredibly unachievable before changing to sensible "achievable" win caps

In the old days, providers used to advertise "win up to" as a guideline to the biggest potential hit in the game (which is different to a capped win seen frequently now-a-days). The wins were actually capped by liability (e.g. £100k, £250k) rather than multiplier of stake.

In the case of those early Pragmatics, they did the same thing but the odds of hitting it were truly astronomical - like the 60000x on Extra Juicy required you to hit the bonus, 4 retriggers, and then the 1000x screen on the final spin. If they were required to disclose the "win up to" based on the 10 billion spins used for RTP calculations - I doubt you'd see anywhere near that multiplier... I would not be surprised in the slightest if the odds are into the trillions or quadrillions.

Additionally, with scripted or scratchcard slots the pay profile has changed dramatically - wins that were literally one in a billion (Immortal Romance, Avalon 2 etc) on traditional reels can now be controlled to be considerably more frequent (e.g. one in ten million, even one in a million) and bonus buys and similar mechanics that speed-run the spin speed (because instead of being 1 spin every 3 seconds, a bonus buy could be the equivalent of cherry picking one from 100, 1000, 10k or even 100k spins in a theoretical sense - and that 10000x "max win" is actually a 1 in 6 pie gamble dressed up as a slot machine).

That a scripted slot needs a "max win" in the first place is laughable - the entire spin is scripted, so they design a spin that "pays" 60000x, and then caps you at 10000x because that's the max win... we're not talking about a fluke here, we're talking about a deceptive and dishonest decision to award a win that cannot be paid. It would be annoying for a traditional slot to have a capped win, but at least there are reasons for that (malfunctions, liability limits, regulatory caps etc).

Last edited:
The paytable/info do not have a maximum win stated. The game screen itself states greater than 21,100x. The animation with the five 100x bombs is a win that is over 18,000x for one spin.

In general based on setup sweet bonanza is not an accumulator.
4,5 or 6 lollys award only 10 spins to trigger and +5 for retrigger. For my limited play retriggers are infrequent.

The feature round multiplier bombs do appear, it is not uncommon to land 3 or 4 on the grid at one time. But those multiples are gone with the start of the next spin if you were luck enough to coordinate a tumble and bombs.

Speaking of tumble, let's use one of their terms- volatile. My typical bonus round contains 6 to 10 dead spins therefore damage is required on the spins that do tumble.

Symbol distribution, population seem to be directly related to the payable which makes sense. The premiums are the shapes with 12+ of the hearts paying 50x bet and 12+ of squares and 10 or 11 hearts paying 25x bet being the target.

Sadly 21,100 or greater is probably safe the makers didn't bother to put in a hard maximum, the frequency can't be determined if a max does not exist .
The bonus round required for the 21,100x is one that probably contains a few retriggers, many extended tumbles with premium symbols coordinating with high level bombs.

I know what needs to happen now theory needs to become practice.

I will not pursue with fervor but it is a game that interests me and I will play it regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back