Youtube vs AdBlocker

ublock seems to have taken care of it for me, I saw the message yesterday, disabled adblock and am using ublock instead= pop up gone and no ads.

Apparently, they are testing user behavior. More details here.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

- YouTube has confirmed that it is conducting a global trial of a three-strikes rule against users who use ad-blocking software.

- If users continue to use ad-blockers after repeated notifications urging them to allow ads, their video playback could be temporarily suspended.

- The details of the policy were revealed to Android Authority by a YouTube spokesperson, who noted that using ad blockers violates YouTube's Terms of Service.

Apparently, they are testing user behavior. More details here.

- YouTube has confirmed that it is conducting a global trial of a three-strikes rule against users who use ad-blocking software.

- If users continue to use ad-blockers after repeated notifications urging them to allow ads, their video playback could be temporarily suspended.

- The details of the policy were revealed to Android Authority by a YouTube spokesperson, who noted that using ad blockers violates YouTube's Terms of Service.
best just sing off from youtube refuse all data, that will be worst for youtube

Word on the street is that YouTube are fast running out of available storage to host all the vids anyway.

Something about some English bloke called Dazza G using far too much memory space up with winning bonanza sessions.

A YouTube spokesman said ‘We would have expected his bank roll to have been exhausted by now, but somehow he keeps pulling a rabbit out of the hat, we are monitoring the situation. It is our belief that any normal human being simply can’t win on a 96% RTP slot for 2 and a half years solid. An investigation has now begun and we won’t be commenting further until we review our findings.’

I've started getting these pop ups just last week it started doing it. Gonna look into some of the ideas shared here see if that helps with these pop ups. Bloody annoying they are
best think firefox adblocker plus on and vpn on Ukraine, I am using for week now all good

In Ukraine, they stopped showing ads temporarily. But i see some are mentioning Albania, Moldova, and Myanmar. They apparently don't buy anything through YT so consequently YT doesn't spend resources to show their ads in these countries.

Here are
:

Algeria
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Belarus
Belgium
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Brazil
Bulgaria
Canada
Chile
Colombia
Costa Rica
Croatia
Cyprus
Czechia
Denmark
The Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Estonia
Finland
France
Georgia
Germany
Ghana
Greece
Guatemala
Honduras
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Jamaica
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Kuwait
Laos
Latvia
Lebanon
Libya
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
North Macedonia
Malaysia
Malta
Mexico
Montenegro
Morocco
Nepal
The Netherlands
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Nigeria
Norway
Oman
Pakistan
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
The Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Puerto Rico
Qatar
Romania
Russia - paused
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Serbia
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
South Korea
Spain
Sri Lanka
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
Tanzania
Thailand
Tunisia
Turkey
Uganda
Ukraine - paused
United Arab Emirates
The United Kingdom
The United States of America
Uruguay
Vietnam
Yemen
Zimbabwe

Which script do you have to install tho? Just installing the extension won't do anything and there's tens if not hundreds of Youtube no-ad scripts when you search 🫠
click on browser you using and download, Firefox works for me,

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 02.22.52.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 02.22.52.png
    293.1 KB · Views: 9
Ublock origin also works, im using it on Chrome. (free and open-source)
Pretty funny, when i went to uninstall my old adblocker it asked me if it was because of youtube, and it also said they were working hard to fix it so it works again.
Like i have the patience to wait for things to work again, pff.

Link to Ublock --->

Well yes, but the extension itself does nothing. You need to download the scripts you want to use.

I've downloaded this one, it was the first one in the list and had good reviews:
View attachment 188457
Blocked ads twice so far it says.
this extension is not adblocker, all time you play a video on YT will change the skrip and let adblocker do is job without YT blocking your video and ask you to pay £12pm or remove adblocker

So I've been following along with this, tried a few things and so far haven't been happy with anything enough that I'd be willing to count on it.

What boggles my mind though is why is Youtube asking so much for the monthly fee. That's ridiculous! It's more than any other media subscription we have. More than Netflix, more than Apple, more than ... you name it. If they'd just offer a reasonably priced subscription -- 5 a month or something -- people would pay it easy-peasy. I know I certainly would. Asking a silly price just forces people to search for ways around it.

- Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back