CM Announcement Meister Meeting 2024 is a go!!

My boss is almost forcing me to head to london, so we book our flights this week! See you in February fellas.

Problem is, people who are not coming may RSVP in the Shagging Shamrocks affirmative just to make those attending suffer again like some sick sadistic joke. Only those who we/you know to have actually experienced the overpowering racket should be allowed to vote lol

Well I can’t RSVP till nearer the time, however my RSVP on any band in these circumstances is

BAND = No I wont be attending
NO BAND = I will attend if I can

Purely as others have said it makes the point of the meet, well pointless, the last place you go to meet people for a chat is a pub on live band night or a concert.

Just my opinion 😁

Well I can’t RSVP till nearer the time, however my RSVP on any band in these circumstances is

BAND = No I wont be attending
NO BAND = I will attend if I can

Purely as others have said it makes the point of the meet, well pointless, the last place you go to meet people for a chat is a pub on live band night or a concert.

Just my opinion 😁
Lol we'll have to wait until Bryan confirms whether he's binned-off the Shagging Shamrocks or not. What I can say is the meeting's usually down the bottom bar, apparently middle this year so the band may piss people off on other floors above too. You get a half-hour's grace as they don't normally start their racket until 17:30 so arriving at 17:00 will give you that. They take a 20-min food break in the middle about 18:30-ish by which time you'll be using sign language anyway, or sending texts to the person next to you to communicate. What about 30% of the attendees do (as @neilw correctly states) is go outside to the smoking pavement when the racket starts in earnest which is a shame as you separate the members. :oops:

P.S. They aren't called the Shagging Shamrocks or Loathsome Leprechauns or Drogheda Deafeners etc. Just my take on them. :cool:

Lol we'll have to wait until Bryan confirms whether he's binned-off the Shagging Shamrocks or not. What I can say is the meeting's usually down the bottom bar, apparently middle this year so the band may piss people off on other floors above too. You get a half-hour's grace as they don't normally start their racket until 17:30 so arriving at 17:00 will give you that. They take a 20-min food break in the middle about 18:30-ish by which time you'll be using sign language anyway, or sending texts to the person next to you to communicate. What about 30% of the attendees do (as @neilw correctly states) is go outside to the smoking pavement when the racket starts in earnest which is a shame as you separate the members. :oops:

P.S. They aren't called the Shagging Shamrocks or Loathsome Leprechauns or Drogheda Deafeners etc. Just my take on them. :cool:
I’m disappointed they’re not called the SS if I’m honest. I must admit (sorry Bryan) I do think they hindered chats as only those who were already comfortable with whispering in each others ears could really hear.

That said, it was also a great excuse for people like me who are socially shi*e when it comes to people I don’t know!

That said, it was also a great excuse for people like me who are socially shi*e when it comes to people I don’t know!
Don't worry I will bring Bob along with me and introduce you to him, your social anxiety will melt away Mark, I guarantee it!

Bob and me in London a few weeks back ⬇️

bob1.jpg
bob2.jpg

Don't worry I will bring Bob along with me and introduce you to him, your social anxiety will melt away Mark, I guarantee it!

Bob and me in London a few weeks back ⬇️

View attachment 192038
View attachment 192039
I have heard of many tricks for easing social anxiety, tying knots, humming, stress balls etc, but that is the biggest comfort toy I have ever seen.

Won't get lost in a crowd, thats for sure.

Y'all may be traitors to the Tullamore Tinnitus Troupe, but they at least offered the solace of not having to make conversation past the hour-mark!

Y'all can make your polite discourse, I've already used up all my MM talking points the previous years:

2018: 'The Weather'

2019: ''Bonanza'

2022: 'The Weather'

But if we're bringing our spirit animals this year, don't be surprised if I 'chicken off' to jam with the cool cats on the middle floor. Pukaak!

irish-dancing.gif

Y'all may be traitors to the Tullamore Tinnitus Troupe, but they at least offered the solace of not having to make conversation past the hour-mark!

Y'all can make your polite discourse, I've already used up all my MM talking points the previous years:

2018: 'The Weather'

2019: ''Bonanza'

2022: 'The Weather'

But if we're bringing our spirit animals this year, don't be surprised if I 'chicken off' to jam with the cool cats on the middle floor. Pukaak!

irish-dancing.gif
WHAT on earth are you SMOKING???? :eek:

KK

Just bumping this up to remind folks that this is the LAST London conference (ICE &LAC) - so in essence, this is the last Meister Meeting in the lovely month of Feb in the "old smoke". So far, no Shagging Shamrocks yet. What say you? I need you to RSVP here. Thanks! :thumbsup:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Just bumping this up to remind folks that this is the LAST London conference (ICE &LAC) - so in essence, this is the last Meister Meeting in the lovely month of Feb in the "old smoke". So far, no Shagging Shamrocks yet. What say you? I need you to RSVP here. Thanks! :thumbsup:
I hope you mean just it's the last one in February, and not the last Meister meeting ever! :eek:
Been to every one since 2006 - I don't want them to stop.

I didn't know it was the last LAC either. Though I'm not really that surprised with the way our once wonderful industry has gone down the toilet :(

KK

I hope you mean just it's the last one in February, and not the last Meister meeting ever! :eek:
Been to every one since 2006 - I don't want them to stop.

I didn't know it was the last LAC either. Though I'm not really that surprised with the way our once wonderful industry has gone down the toilet :(

KK
Not the last LAC as such, in 2025 the ICE/BAC show will be in Arselona, but there won't be an Amsterdam iGB affiliate conference in 2025 as that's moving to London and will be held second week of July same as before. So Bryan will be moving the MM to July when we meet for that from 2025 onwards. I think that's what he's getting at.
It's basically a sop to London as it's too big not to have any conference from Clarion at all, so their bright idea was to move the AAC (iGB) to London.

It's always been a tradition on having the MM in the winter (since 2009) - in the big smoke so to speak. A lot of memories there.

London in July?? Brits don't do summers well - I know. :p

To be fair the North Pole would for me be far more preferable to The Excel as a venue and location LOL
The venue itself is OK... I just wish it was right next to Charing Cross and not out in the wilderness :(
Even Earl's Court was a better location!

KK

The venue itself is OK... I just wish it was right next to Charing Cross and not out in the wilderness :(
Even Earl's Court was a better location!

KK
What's wrong with the DLR?

Where do I start... 🤬 😱

KK

If you don't like this type of transport 😀, try a boat from Charing Cross/Embankment to O2. It's an OK trip especially if you've never done one and want to take a few pictures. It costs about £10 one way and takes around 25 minutes to get there.

But don't expect cheep beer while on the board. It's quite expensive, about £7.5 for a small 250 mil bottle. So a little less than a proper pint will cost £15 😀

Look for Uber Boats on Google for more info if interested.

If you don't like this type of transport 😀, try a boat from Charing Cross/Embankment to O2. It's an OK trip especially if you've never done one and want to take a few pictures. It costs about £10 one way and takes around 25 minutes to get there.

But don't expect cheep beer while on the board. It's quite expensive, about £7.5 for a small 250 mil bottle. So a little less than a proper pint will cost £15 😀

Look for Uber Boats on Google for more info if interested.
They've all been booked from Calais, none available.

Another bump - I have ordered more food - and the Shagging Shamrocks won't be attending. :thumbsup:

If you haven't RSVPd yet, please do here:
That's music to my ears!!! (NPI)

Shield for that bit of consideration. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back