Grand Slam Has Started

Correct me if I'm wrong here. I'm looking at the leaderboard of GSOS and this guy MathicianN has a score of 52,000 at the no6 position. He does a rebuy (4500) and gets his score to 56,095...since then he has done 2 rebuys and has 9000 coins on each rebuy but that's not the only odd thing. His score has not changed one bit. If he did two rebuys and got 9000 each in actuality that would be four rebuys plus the other 4500 rebuy. This is very odd and did they catch the glitch so maybe that's why his score did not change in those two rebuys??:confused:

First time he did buy a continue (4500).
The other 2 times he got 9000, so thats a rebuy (guess he used up all his continues).
When you do a rebuy, the highest score will display until you beat it, but it will still show the coins you are playing. Its a bit confusing, for sure.

First time he did buy a continue (4500).
The other 2 times he got 9000, so thats a rebuy (guess he used up all his continues).
When you do a rebuy, the highest score will display until you beat it, but it will still show the coins you are playing. Its a bit confusing, for sure.

Jeez it must be early. I forgot all about the continues..If I had a score of 56,000 I wouldn't even attempt a rebuy...not at the rebuy price for me anyways.

He has deeper pockets than me. I'm still debating whether to purchase any rebuys in an attempt to acheive a better score than I have currently. It's not that bad a score, and if I do not score higher than that, I lose my ability to continue from that score.

This player has already played one of his continues, and cannot continue the 56K score after rebuying, so he is currently just competing against himself. Not how I would spend my money until someone jumped ahead of me.

We have a new leader! It looks like he is still playing too:

gsos.jpg

Can anyone beat this score? Player "lashelly" has just seen a million euros come and go. Imagine the tension for those 48hrs or so. :eek2:

Mark

On Ladbrokes, Rick H is now showing no coins left but the win box is the same ??

Any idea why 32red has got more players showing than Ladbrokes ?

I don't know why there would be more players, but I think he was rebuying hence he had coins but his best score wasn't improving.

Not sure I'd bother rebuying with that score!

Mark

I don't know why there would be more players, but I think he was rebuying hence he had coins but his best score wasn't improving.

Not sure I'd bother rebuying with that score!

Mark

Weird huh? He took the first place hours ago, I was watching him climbing the leaderboard, he took the first place with only 1 continue.
Then he bought 2 more continues that took him to 73.595, and then he just kept on rebuying, lol.
Well, my target is set, :D:D

I can see why you would do that provided you have the money. She/he is thinking he is likely to win a top prize. He is gambling he will get one of the top prizes to underpin his extra investment.

He won't look so clever when VWM fires up his engines and gains the first four top slots though :D

I saw about four or five posters with two of them being Vinyl..one for sure I knew his alias and the other I believe is his also. LaShelly has started back rebuying and for right now it doesn't look good. I'll probably continue this weekend to see if I can get into the money. It only takes one good spin:D and I have 3 continues from my earlier score.

He has deeper pockets than me. I'm still debating whether to purchase any rebuys in an attempt to acheive a better score than I have currently. It's not that bad a score, and if I do not score higher than that, I lose my ability to continue from that score.

This player has already played one of his continues, and cannot continue the 56K score after rebuying, so he is currently just competing against himself. Not how I would spend my money until someone jumped ahead of me.

Just my 2 cents Jasminebed, but I think 15.800 is a pretty decent start, I would not risk that with a rebuy.
If you can make a profit in the continues again, you can end up with 35.000 maybe.
I've just played my first rebuy and got an embarressing 5680 coins..:(
My worst result ever.

Thanks DeBeuker. 15K was higher than any score I achieved in the free rebuys on the warmup tourneys. Well, still some time to go to make my decisions. I do have a certain budget set for this event, would be quite happy to grab any prize.

I can see why you would do that provided you have the money. She/he is thinking he is likely to win a top prize. He is gambling he will get one of the top prizes to underpin his extra investment.

He won't look so clever when VWM fires up his engines and gains the first four top slots though :D

I already have, but only so far as to get 2 good first rounds, no continues on these yet.

I saw about four or five posters with two of them being Vinyl..one for sure I knew his alias and the other I believe is his also. LaShelly has started back rebuying and for right now it doesn't look good. I'll probably continue this weekend to see if I can get into the money. It only takes one good spin:D and I have 3 continues from my earlier score.

I did indeed end up with TWO seats.

My standard "vinylweatherman", and a special "vinylredman" for 32Red.

Just my 2 cents Jasminebed, but I think 15.800 is a pretty decent start, I would not risk that with a rebuy.
If you can make a profit in the continues again, you can end up with 35.000 maybe.
I've just played my first rebuy and got an embarressing 5680 coins..:(
My worst result ever.

My "good" first round was over 15K, and a second one over 11K. I will probably do the continues to set myself a target.

The dilema I have though, is that it weakens my ability to nab those "special" 1000 places if I am too HIGH on both. Maybe I SHOULD have had a THIRD seat, and gone for the lowest "special" place.

I had 9100 after First first round ,used 1 add-on-about 14K after first continue:what: forgot it

Took another rebuy -5K after first round:puke:

Another rebuy -saw Angelina Jolie on reel 1,2,3,4....:mad: f..ck:Done girl missed

18,5K or so after first round :what::confused:

Does 32Red have special prizes for those who had 4Scatters:lolup:?Moral damage,you know...

Last edited:
I had 9100 after First first round ,used 1 add-on-about 14K after first continue:what: forgot it

Took another rebuy -5K after first round:puke:

Another rebuy -saw Angelina Jolie on reel 1,2,3,4....:mad: f..ck:Done girl missed

18,5K or so after first round :what::confused:

Does 32Red have special prizes for those who had 4Scatters:lolup:?Moral damage,you know...

I had 4 Scatters inside a Scatter 3x Free Spins Feature on Dash (32Red sister site).

Missing a Scatter on Reel 4.

If my maths are right, a Scatter on Reel 4 is (40/3:1)....13.3:1

If my maths on payout are right, my score would have been around 106,000 which I think would close to lock me in for the top spot I suspect.

Too close for comfort :puke:

Do you know how around my area we call those who try to explain that Dash is a 32Red's sister site,huh???:lolup:

I love black theme.

Anyway,you're lucky (relatively) ,deserve some fancy consolation prize.

And with 5 days left with 8000 participants even current Top1 sure doesn't feel invincible ...just look at 2nd..

Last edited:
pattoned got it!!!

MAJOR UPDATE!!!

As from some minutes ago GSOS has a new leader patoned!!!

He or she definitely got five Lara ladies during free spins having result of 106,540!!!!

Congratulation to patoned and my sympathies to Rick H, the person whose result was most of the time there on top position.

P.S. I have mentioned long ago (before even tournament started) somewhere on forum that person with five scatters on free spins will got it. Only problem is that someone isn't me. :baby:

Last edited:
From millionaire to :sob:, that has to be the worst feeling ever,:puke:

No doubt it would suck as he *could* have won it with that score. But it was always going to be very unlikely and a lot of people realised that (wish I hadn't heh) and went very hard chasing those 5 Scatters in Feature.

So it wouldn't be /wrist really if he had any brains. His score holding was always going to be a massive upset.

Now, this guy. If you had his score and were beat, then I think /wrist is what the doctor prescription would be ;)

Hopefully Rick can drown some of his sorrows with 50,000 euros. That's if one time leader lashelly doesn't bump him. I see they are playing again now.

He must be devastated. :eek:

I have been keeping a close eye on the leaderboard and this Rick character has been rebuying and rebuying over the last few days, presumably to boost his score even more. I wouldnt be at all suprised if he has spent well over 10k... hopefully not the whole 50k!

106,540 eh? Will anyone top that?

Mark

Rick H does seem to be doing a hell of a lot of re-buys, hope he has not dented his potential 50k too much,as his 2nd position is still not totally secure.
Seems a bit pointless as he has no more chance of re-attaining the top spot as anyone else who the bankroll to go for it.
I would be so gutted watching 1 mill go down to 50k, but 50k is still a lot a cash and a brilliant result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back