US political crisis

I think AI will change the world dramatically and very quickly unless controlled, and dare I say it, regulated in some way.

If the parameters were set accordingly though, I cant see how a human could do the democratic process better. Greed is, arguably, our biggest downfall as a species, and invites us to tread over others for personal gains. AI is impervious to greed unless it is programmed to behave that way.
I think the numbers that by the time you get your Coffee and go into work, you've already interacted with 15 forms of it.

Got a bit of criticism (he calls AI the Pandemic we're avoiding - bit sensationalist) but Mo Gawdat's Scary/Smart book on AI is a semi decent read, if not for distilling it down simply.

That's the challenge though - who is the AI learning off? If it's the dregs of society and encompassing things like greed/capitalism on steroids, then it's going to act accordingly etc.

I cant see Joe participating in a live debate. Surely they cant try and put the poor man through that.

I think he's going to, tbh he's managed longer than I thought he would. Don't think the dems have got anyone else that people warm to, gavin newsom looks like a presidential candidate, perhaps he might run for the top job.

Remember when it was the 'EU Army' we were supposed to be worrying about?

Well here's Trump saying he would encourage Putin's Russia to attack NATO countries, or specifically, 'to do whatever the hell they want'.

Sooner or later with this stuff, you need to pick a side.

And whichever side you pick, you lose.

Thanks for playing.

Honk.

Biden is clearly past it and has no business running again, but there's a big difference between a doddery forgetful old man, and a narcissistic maniac who's openly inviting, nay encouraging, Putin's Russia to invade a NATO country. The same Putin's Russia that's already invaded Ukraine.

So yeah, neither is a good choice, but one is clearly so much worse than the other.

My recollection may be a tad hazy, but I recall God-Emperor Trump bitch-slapping Kim Jong Un into compliance whilst also keeping Putin in line. If anything, he maintained peace and avoided conflict and escalation, mostly through bravado, and yet it had the desired effect.

Given that, and the US' funding 22% of NATO's budget, I highly doubt they'd forfeit military involvement when called upon to defend a smaller nation, nor do I think it would even come to that (see above)

Yet the fact remains that those nations not wanting to pull their weight financially and expecting Team America to pick up the tab time and again rankles somewhat with ordinary people, and that was pretty much the summation of his rhetoric there.

The real question still remains though: when will we see the sequel to this cult classic? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back