TV 2020

On a sadder note; Daybreak never got a season 2.

So whilst the walking dead continues into season 45, rehashing storylines from seasons 2-7 and generally making u wish u were dead, this fun series gets binned. Cruel word :-(
ya, it was decent fun
Deadly Class too also axed

On a sadder note; Daybreak never got a season 2.

So whilst the walking dead continues into season 45, rehashing storylines from seasons 2-7 and generally making u wish u were dead, this fun series gets binned. Cruel word :-(

Haven't finished watching DayBreak yet but I am enjoying it

Also, Black Summer lives to fight another day - err, season. Another one I enjoyed.

ya, it was decent fun
Deadly Class too also axed

Everytime something new comes on I usually give it a while before I start watching. Hate finishing season 1 and then going ‘where’s 2’, to find it’s been cancelled

To be honest I think most shows should come with max 5 seasons. Anything more is ripping the arse out if and my attention spans bad enough

Everytime something new comes on I usually give it a while before I start watching. Hate finishing season 1 and then going ‘where’s 2’, to find it’s been cancelled

To be honest I think most shows should come with max 5 seasons. Anything more is ripping the arse out if and my attention spans bad enough
ya, I'll usually do a sit down season binge, then I've also an idea of whether I should even bother usually knowing by then whether renewed/cancelled

@Jono777 @goatwack

Seeing that you guys are HARD to please.

There are 33 seasons of my ALL TIME Favourite Soapie - The Bold and The Beautiful.

I'm currently on Season 33 Episode 105

You won't be disappointed - treachery, infidelity and skanky women from start to finish..

Nate

@Jono777 @goatwack

There are 33 seasons of my ALL TIME Favourite Soapie - The Bold and The Beautiful.

You won't be disappointed - treachery, infidelity and skanky women from start to finish..

Nate
I'm old, all I remember was TYatR (Y&R) and Mrs Chancellor had Nina locked in the basement :p

OK...over it comes. C&P as ordered....requested. :D

Just finished watching Ragnarok - a Norwegian series set in the fictional town of Edda (named after a Medieval Icelandic literary work), based around the high school students, and a newcomer to the town (Magne Seier) who is actually a modern day version of Thor, although he doesn't know it.

The first season deals with the thorny issue of climate change (there is even an amusing reference to Greta Thunberg), shrinking glaciers, poisoned water and corruption in Edda, and the adult community's inability to act as the town's major employer (Jutul Industries) is quite possibly responsible.

The Jutuls are the "giants' from Norse Mythology - the enemy that Magne has to fight, even though he doesn't know how.

And the music when Magne rages against Isolde's death/fights with Vidar is stunning. Anyone who watched the final episode of Mr Robot will recognise this:

PS: I chose this particular YouTube video because of the music, NOT the Russian subtitles. :)

OK...over it comes. C&P as ordered....requested. :D

Just finished watching Ragnarok - a Norwegian series set in the fictional town of Edda (named after a Medieval Icelandic literary work), based around the high school students, and a newcomer to the town (Magne Seier) who is actually a modern day version of Thor, although he doesn't know it.

The first season deals with the thorny issue of climate change (there is even an amusing reference to Greta Thunberg), shrinking glaciers, poisoned water and corruption in Edda, and the adult community's inability to act as the town's major employer (Jutul Industries) is quite possibly responsible.

The Jutuls are the "giants' from Norse Mythology - the enemy that Magne has to fight, even though he doesn't know how.

And the music when Magne rages against Isolde's death/fights with Vidar is stunning. Anyone who watched the final episode of Mr Robot will recognise this:

PS: I chose this particular YouTube video because of the music, NOT the Russian subtitles. :)

Is the series in Norwegian with subtitles?

Nate

also in the DL (to-do) file though honestly, sub-titled are hard to suck me in

There is also a dubbed version - the dubbing isn't actually too bad.

My hearing isn't the best these days - too many rock concerts when I was but a girl (Led Zep, I'm looking at you!!!) - so I watch everything with subtitles. With Ragnarok though, dubbing is available.

@Jono777 @goatwack

Nate

Sounds a bit like my house TBH - too close to home.

dang, def grabbed wrong copy; will re-look

Actually, I don't think there is a dubbed version after all. I am just so used to subtitles, I think I automatically translate the subtitles into actual speech, so even though the speech was out of sync with the subtitles I just assumed dubbing.

Sorry.....:(

Just went into the series again....the subtitles are actually spoken by the characters, so is that dubbing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back