Jennifer's medical fund

I feel like a jerk because I missed being able to help when you posted this in the be

Bebo67 how are you doing now? I just saw this! If you need any help I'll have a little extra money next week when I get paid and you're welcome to it if you need it for anything. Going through all of this you shouldn't have to worry about money too! I'll make sure I check here more often. I hope you are getting better and keeping positive. Hugs!!!

Kylie

I thought I would add some humour. Things can only get better right?

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Or if you believe in God try to sign a hymn to boost your spirits. Go to youtube, type 'O Jesus I have promised' and then sign the hymn. It gave me a lot of confidence before my operation last December. Good Luck Dear.

Bebo67 how are you doing now? I just saw this! If you need any help I'll have a little extra money next week when I get paid and you're welcome to it if you need it for anything. Going through all of this you shouldn't have to worry about money too! I'll make sure I check here more often. I hope you are getting better and keeping positive. Hugs!!!

Kylie

Noo! Don't feel bad! A bit of a road ahead. Thank you :)

And don't donate if you can't afford to :)

Last edited:
My water is up for disconnection too :eek: Man oh man. Trying to keep up with rent and everything else has been a challenge, plus eat. My disconnection just came in the mail this aft. I have until Monday. Time for some more phone calls. Wish me luck, and happy writing :) Writing is good for the soul. ;)

Just breath!

I just left a donation for you Jennifer and hopefully things will get better real soon. Maybe if you call the water company and explain your situation maybe they can do something for you? Some companies can be very thoughtful of people in rough situations like yours. I wish you all the best.

I just left a donation for you Jennifer and hopefully things will get better real soon. Maybe if you call the water company and explain your situation maybe they can do something for you? Some companies can be very thoughtful of people in rough situations like yours. I wish you all the best.

Thank you! I am back online, and working on the water issue. Calling my surgeon tomorrow to see if the date and time has come in yet for Princess Margaret Hospital. :)

Thank you! I am back online, and working on the water issue. Calling my surgeon tomorrow to see if the date and time has come in yet for Princess Margaret Hospital. :)

Just yesterday the Princess Margaret hospital of Hongkong made a big blunder. Hopefully the hospital with the same name in your country will do better. Provide us with updates whenever possible.

Just yesterday the Princess Margaret hospital of Hongkong made a big blunder. Hopefully the hospital with the same name in your country will do better. Provide us with updates whenever possible.

It doesnt matter. My surgeon got a letter from them today, and " due to the amount of patients and referrals they receive, they have had to set criteria from whom the accept. This includes demographics, type and stage of Cancer" blah blah blah blah. They will not take me on as a patient. To say I am frustrated and upset right now, would be putting it mildly. I do not trust the centre here. It is not me being a difficult patient. The oncologist here would not order very important tests to make sure I will be safe. I went to my family Doctor and she wouldn't because she doesnt know what tests are needed. I am not a Doctor but I know. I am not healthy right now, I am severely underweight ( Jazzy can vouch for me. I sent her a picture of me that my daughter took after the surgery, she ( my daughter)wanted a picture of me being blue from the dye) I'm trying so hard to get my weight back up.
Oncologist: I would order heart test, but I think you will be fine.
Me: Wtf?
Me: Can I have a full Mastectomy?
Oncologist: No
Me: Radiation?
Me: All my lymph nodes removed? ( now I am just playing him because I think he is an idiot)
Oncologist nurse comes rushing in and starts taking blood from my right arm. I'm telling this nurse she cant take from that arm because I will get lymphdimeia. You cant do blood pressure or blood tests from that arm, that is where my lymph nodes were removed. She still keeps on taking blood and then wants to put a pic in the same arm! No counseling offered even though its an aggressive type. No help where I can go for funding. The same hospital that admited that they saw the tumor back in August in my mammogram, but chose to not tell me and keep an eye on it instead! Only did something when I, ME, found the lump in November. The SAME hospital that was under Provincial investigation Feb 27th. I am scared!

It doesnt matter. My surgeon got a letter from them today, and " due to the amount of patients and referrals they receive, they have had to set criteria from whom the accept. This includes demographics, type and stage of Cancer" blah blah blah blah. They will not take me on as a patient. To say I am frustrated and upset right now, would be putting it mildly. I do not trust the centre here. It is not me being a difficult patient. The oncologist here would not order very important tests to make sure I will be safe. I went to my family Doctor and she wouldn't because she doesnt know what tests are needed. I am not a Doctor but I know. I am not healthy right now, I am severely underweight ( Jazzy can vouch for me. I sent her a picture of me that my daughter took after the surgery, she ( my daughter)wanted a picture of me being blue from the dye) I'm trying so hard to get my weight back up.
Oncologist: I would order heart test, but I think you will be fine.
Me: Wtf?
Me: Can I have a full Mastectomy?
Me: Radiation?
Me: All my lymph nodes removed? ( now I am just playing him because I think he is an idiot)
Oncologist nurse comes rushing in and starts taking blood from my right arm. I'm telling this nurse she cant take from that arm because I will get lymphdimeia. You cant do blood pressure or blood tests from that arm, that is where my lymph nodes were removed. She still keeps on taking blood and then wants to put a pic in the same arm! No counseling offered even though its an aggressive type. No help where I can go for funding. The same hospital that admited that they saw the tumor back in August in my mammogram, but chose to not tell me and keep an eye on it instead! Only did something when I, ME, found the lump in November. The SAME hospital that was under Provincial investigation Feb 27th. I am scared!

There must be some way of having your complaints investigated? :(

Every hospital should have a patient advocate. There is also a Provincial Ombudsman.

Im writing up a long letter, dating from the mammo screw ups in August, right up till now. I have documented everything. When I am done, it will go to the Hospitals CEO, Minister of Health, local newspapers. I need to get in for treatment, I need that needle, I need for radiation to at least start. I have been making phone calls off and on all day. The old feisty Jennifer is kicking back in :)

Hi everyone. Yesterday I was feeling pretty crappy, broke and no family here for Easter. Last night I had 25 free spins on my favorite slot Gemix from VS so I played it. Today i hit 758.00 on a 50 cent spin! :eek: So I cashed out. I also have a retro active cheque for dietary allowance showing up in my bank account Tuesday. With the combination of the two, I can close my GoFund me account. I want to thank EVERYONE, who donated, and listened to me. And I want to thank Bryan for allowing this. I meet with my surgeon again on the 24th. Apparently in the turndown letter from Princess Margaret Hospital, there is a list of other centres. My guess is I will be sent to Hamilton. Again thank you :D <3

Side note. The whole banking process has changed at VS for Canadians

Hi everyone. Yesterday I was feeling pretty crappy, broke and no family here for Easter. Last night I had 25 free spins on my favorite slot Gemix from VS so I played it. Today i hit 758.00 on a 50 cent spin! :eek: So I cashed out. I also have a retro active cheque for dietary allowance showing up in my bank account Tuesday. With the combination of the two, I can close my GoFund me account. I want to thank EVERYONE, who donated, and listened to me. And I want to thank Bryan for allowing this. I meet with my surgeon again on the 24th. Apparently in the turndown letter from Princess Margaret Hospital, there is a list of other centres. My guess is I will be sent to Hamilton. Again thank you :D <3

Side note. The whole banking process has changed at VS for Canadians

What a wonderful result Jen. Things are beginning to look up for you :)

Hi everyone. I hope many are winning lots of money! I had a book submission .finally so I have been working on that. My surgeon went ahead and refereed me to
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

They called me yesterday. The oncologist nurse Kelly sounds really nice :) I will have 33 treatments of radiation, everyday Monday-Friday. My first appointment is April 26th, I will meet the radiation oncologist and my team. Measured and tattooed. As far as chemo goes, they will wait until my bone scan on the 27th is done to see if its needed. Each radiation will take about 10 min so I sent a request in to go back to work part time on May 1st. I can't believe 3 months have past since this all has started and in 3 months I can start paying into my benefits :D

Hi jen
I think it's a good idea if you can work through your radiation sessions. It will keep your mind of things. It gets tough at end cuz radiation effects are cumulative. But it's mostly tiredness. So please be careful. It will be ok. And you will be too. Just breathe.

Hi jen
I think it's a good idea if you can work through your radiation sessions. It will keep your mind of things. It gets tough at end cuz radiation effects are cumulative. But it's mostly tiredness. So please be careful. It will be ok. And you will be too. Just breathe.

I know all will be fine :D I just want to get back to work, and they are open late so that is a plus! I hope all is well with you.

Just a bit of an update. I met my team yesterday. The radiation Oncologist is very funny and down to earth.:thumbsup: I was " sized" twisted and turned, tattooed , my first and its on my breast :eek: The room I will be in is very creepy but they have mics. This morning I went for my shot and have to go back at 12:00 for bone scan. And I start back to work part time Monday, but a different department. YAYYY! So starting radiation Monday and work :D Hope everyone is doing good. I am also gaining a bit of weight finally. When I get looking a bit better I will post the pic of me after surgery that Jazzy saw and now. See the difference :) Thanks for being there guys <3

So I said I would post pictures. The first one ( excuse my attire) is quite shocking! My daughter took it a couple of hours after I got home from surgery, she wanted me to see how bad I looked. :rolleyes: It took 3 people to get me in the house that day. I know it looks like I have no teeth, but I do :) That was on Feb 28th. My son is home and took the second one yesterday. Two months later! I cut my hair and put it back to its normal colour, just a wee bit darker. surgery 2.jpg me now.jpg

The blue tinge to me is from the nuclear dye they inject you with to find your lymph nodes.

So I said I would post pictures. The first one ( excuse my attire) is quite shocking! My daughter took it a couple of hours after I got home from surgery, she wanted me to see how bad I looked. :rolleyes: It took 3 people to get me in the house that day. I know it looks like I have no teeth, but I do :) That was on Feb 28th. My son is home and took the second one yesterday. Two months later! I cut my hair and put it back to its normal colour, just a wee bit darker. View attachment 77992 View attachment 77993

The blue tinge to me is from the nuclear dye they inject you with to find your lymph nodes.

That's quite a transformation Jen :) I hope that your works going ok?

That's quite a transformation Jen :) I hope that your works going ok?

Thanks. I'm training and only a few hours a day. Its been actually very over whelming, Im exhausted from the radiation and trying tp pay attention in training plus working on the website. My days are turning into 16 hour days. So basically I am back where I was before I knew I was sick, and that isn't a good thing. How have you been?

Thanks. I'm training and only a few hours a day. Its been actually very over whelming, Im exhausted from the radiation and trying tp pay attention in training plus working on the website. My days are turning into 16 hour days. So basically I am back where I was before I knew I was sick, and that isn't a good thing. How have you been?

Hi Jen. I'm good thanks. I have completed all of my latest tests and procedures thankfully so now I am just waiting until the 16th to see my surgeon :D
Hows the book getting on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back