General Election 2019 thread

I hope Farage and Johnson agree for only Brexit party to contest safe Labour leave seats and not Tory marginals, or Labour marginals. Otherwise the pro-Brexit parties could be hugely ahead on overall votes and have not enough seats in Parliament.

This could lead to the nightmare scenario of NOT getting the ABC outcome most of us want (Anybody But Corbyn).

We could end up with the horror of a Lib-Lab or even worse a Lab-SNP coalition, possibly even all three of them together, resulting in the inevitable ruination of the UK and breakdown of society as a resentful majority kick-off.

I hope Farage and Johnson agree for only Brexit party to contest safe Labour leave seats and not Tory marginals, or Labour marginals. Otherwise the pro-Brexit parties could be hugely ahead on overall votes and have not enough seats in Parliament.

This could lead to the nightmare scenario of NOT getting the ABC outcome most of us want (Anybody But Corbyn).

We could end up with the horror of a Lib-Lab or even worse a Lab-SNP coalition, possibly even all three of them together, resulting in the inevitable ruination of the UK and breakdown of society as a resentful majority kick-off.

This sounds just a little overexaggerated :laugh:

Oh, I'm sure the Great British Public, in their wisdom, will, once again, cheerfully vote in a hung parliament.

..and then moan like stink for five years about politicians not getting things sorted.

brexit.jpg

I had the misfortune of finding out this was confirmed, just an hour ago while getting a Chinese.

Seriously, I thought he was taking the piss and looking for trouble until I cottoned on to what he was on about.

"hwoaar, you look forward to you beeg erecshun at Chrissmas?"

Straight up.

Decent campaign launch video from Labour. Neither me or Mrs Chopley can vote in the election, although Mrs Chopley is a fully paid up card-carrying member of the Labour Party regardless.

Yeah lets just bypass the FACT that he could not make Brexit happen because Labour blocked everything, but hey the fake reality may be easier eh? like the one where the biggest referendum result ever with "LEAVE" winning never happened? best out of 3...5...10...100?

Yeah lets just bypass the FACT that he could not make Brexit happen because Labour blocked everything, but hey the fake reality may be easier eh? like the one where the biggest referendum result ever with "LEAVE" winning never happened? best out of 3...5...10...100?

As discussed previously, ad nauseam at this point, it's not the job of MPs to 'do what you tell them to', it's to do what they think is best for their constituents and their country.

The reason Brexit hasn't happened yet is literally any form of it from a Soft Deal to a Hard Deal to a No Deal is demonstrably worse than the 'Deal' we already have as an EU member.

MPs are doing their job, and this Parliament has actually done very well in preventing an act of national self-harm and immolation, and hopefully is leading us into saner waters.

There really is no compromise when it comes to Mr & Mrs Chopley it is their way or nothing, imagine trying to compromise a deal with Chopley as negotiator.

Let's spell it out one more time for Chopley an MP is voted in by the constituents if an MP does not do what a constituency tells them then they get voted out, therefore an MP is more than obliged to listen to their voters.

Unfortunately for me my MP was too busy being deputy speaker last night to bother about Brexit I would hope the people of Doncaster Central give Dame Rosie a shock in December but alas she is safe if she wasn't old Nigel Farage would be standing in Doncaster Central.

As someone who voted LEAVE and would do so again, I will be voting Labour even if it means potentially not leaving the EU,
As lets not forget this is a GE there is way more important things than the EU, The NHS is on its knees crime is up police officers are down, Universal credits crippling family's who are hard working, for example my mom found a job works 16 hours a week and she is now £30 WORSE off a week than she was signing on with only £45 to her name after all the deductions made by UC, Before UC she would of been around £30 a week BETTER of, Atleast 500k + people are using food banks compared to around 50k in 2010, thosuands of people have died due to cuts in local services, I can go on and on. But unfortunately I only see a a conservative majority because people will be voting on BREXIT and NOT on what truly matters.

As someone who voted LEAVE and would do so again, I will be voting Labour even if it means potentially not leaving the EU,
As lets not forget this is a GE there is way more important things than the EU, The NHS is on its knees crime is up police officers are down, Universal credits crippling family's who are hard working, for example my mom found a job works 16 hours a week and she is now £30 WORSE off a week than she was signing on with only £45 to her name after all the deductions made by UC, Before UC she would of been around £30 a week BETTER of, Atleast 500k + people are using food banks compared to around 50k in 2010, thosuands of people have died due to cuts in local services, I can go on and on. But unfortunately I only see a a conservative majority because people will be voting on BREXIT and NOT on what truly matters.
Why do people keep saying NHS is on it's knees I have worked in NHS for last 5 years and moving to a new job in NHS in December, it has it's problems like most areas but "on it's knees" no no no.

Why do people keep saying NHS is on it's knees I have worked in NHS for last 5 years and moving to a new job in NHS in December, it has it's problems like most areas but "on it's knees" no no no.
We are talking about life and death mate not someone who has to do more admin work in an office cause there understaffed, The conservatives do not give 2 shits about the NHS, The A and E waiting times are the worse on records, The amount of patients waiting on trolleys is the worse its ever been all down to funding and it being understaffed, The NHS are amazing and if it wasn't down to the amazing doctors nurses everyone who is part of the nhs working extra long shifts doing MORE than they should be doing the NHS would not being surviving.

This in a nutshell <3

I’ll be voting Labour. The uk doesn’t need any more of the Tory scum they have ruined this country baffles me and makes me want to pull my hair out that the majority can’t see what they have done the country’s on its arse. Feel free to slate Corbyn I know he doesn’t represent the old labour but he and his policies are a damn sight more optimistic than those evil Tories.

I’ll be voting Labour. The uk doesn’t need any more of the Tory scum they have ruined this country baffles me and makes me want to pull my hair out that the majority can’t see what they have done the country’s on its arse. Feel free to slate Corbyn I know he doesn’t represent the old labour but he and his policies are a damn sight more optimistic than those evil Tories.
I don't want to see the horrible Labour govt I had to sit and work through from 1997 to 2010 nothing would make me vote for Labour knowing what I have seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back