UK Conservative Party Leadership Election

So it seems everyone's favourite Hunt has gone to town by abracadabra-ing the most opportune bounty of tax cuts and leeway for the peasantry to get excited over.

National Insurance to be reduced by two percent, racist pensioners to be placated with £18 a week extra, the feckless and work-shy to be given 6.7% more to buy scratchcards with (he'll throw the unemployed under the bus in a whole slew of anti-Benefits measures, hold onto your hats) and of course the cost of a pint to remain the same, amongst many other 'boons'.

It really is amazing how the more things change, the more they stay the same. In the run-up to Election year, out comes the Money Tree, and funds are found, and all is well in the world.

It really takes a 'special' kind of person to fall for the same old parlour tricks, or for anyone to believe that the Tories won't pull an Austerity 2.0 if by chance they were to be re-elected. But then, there'll always be the gullible hangers-on that really believe that the Government is there to look out for their best interests.

Have fun with that :laugh:

View attachment 190435

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
To be fair, he has saved me a few hundred with the NI reductions for self-employed. In 10 years I'll be a pensioner so I'm getting some racism practice in one day each month now, while looking forward to my triple lock.

So the two candidates are now engaged in what can only really be described as a 'cunt-off'.

View attachment 170321

We're now into what can only really be described as National Front territory. (Nice to see Princess Di still making copy three million years after her death.)

View attachment 170322

Meanwhile Rwanda, after taking £120m from the UK government, has said it can only take 200 refugees, which works out to £600K per refugee. Now I'm no mega-maths-genius, but for that money we could have given them the best possible education and training in the world, and had them working productively in our society as doctors and scientists and researchers and nurses and surgeons and all that kind of good shit.

Instead, we spent £600K per refugee to not send them to Rwanda.

Still, it's nice to see Boris 'World's Biggest Fucking Liar' Johnson enjoying his tax-payer's funded jolly doing literally no work and instead playing around in Top Gun style jet stunts and chucking pretend grenades around.

View attachment 170323
Meanwhile Rwanda, after taking £120m from the UK government, has said it can only take 200 refugees, which works out to £600K per refugee. Now I'm no mega-maths-genius, but for that money we could have given them the best possible education and training in the world, and had them working productively in our society as doctors and scientists and researchers and nurses and surgeons and all that kind of good shit.
I love your naivety. Your BBC-woke blinkers on, that all 'refugees' are geniuses that will become scientists and doctors when landing here, NOT ONE will become a tax-dodging cash-in-hand worker, criminal, fraudster, drug dealer, rapist or terrorist. You see, a few of the former WOULD be possible if we were allowed to ask the right questions without being called 'racist' and if they were interned until the facts could be established via a proper application procedure. I love the way you open borders lot advocate the chaos and mostly appalling consequences of unchecked and unmetered migration of fighting-age males whilst sitting in comfortable 'traditionally' populated areas and leave the poor bastards in the towns and cities who cannot afford to flee, to experience the irreversible wrecking of their communities, sitting in the shit people like you inflict upon them.

And to post an article which bemoans the cost of living crisis, NHS crisis and poverty while er... advocating MORE mouths to be fed landing in the country putting MORE strain on housing space, NHS, unemployment, social cohesion and everything else is surely the most submoronic tripe ever to be spouted even by the neo-liberal subnormals you follow on social media.

It seems we are trapped between the incompetent and ineffective incumbents and the insane, illogical, societal illiterates that will vote similar in as their replacements.

We may be fucked right now, but it will be unlubricated sodomy round the corner.

So it seems everyone's favourite Hunt has gone to town by abracadabra-ing the most opportune bounty of tax cuts and leeway for the peasantry to get excited over.

National Insurance to be reduced by two percent, racist pensioners fine men and women of good old Blighty who quite rightly should not have to give a fiddlers fuck about the woketard classes and their precious fee-fees to be placated with £18 a week extra, the feckless and work-shy to be given 6.7% more to buy scratchcards with (he'll throw the unemployed under the bus in a whole slew of anti-Benefits measures, hold onto your hats) and of course the cost of a pint to remain the same, amongst many other 'boons'.

It really is amazing how the more things change, the more they stay the same. In the run-up to Election year, out comes the Money Tree, and funds are found, and all is well in the world.

It really takes a 'special' kind of person to fall for the same old parlour tricks, or for anyone to believe that the Tories won't pull an Austerity 2.0 if by chance they were to be re-elected. But then, there'll always be the gullible hangers-on that really believe that the Government is there to look out for their best interests.

Have fun with that :laugh:
Fixed that for you mate. You're welcome.....

Last edited:
I love your naivety. Your BBC-woke blinkers on, that all 'refugees' are geniuses that will become scientists and doctors when landing here, NOT ONE will become a tax-dodging cash-in-hand worker, criminal, fraudster, drug dealer, rapist or terrorist. You see, a few of the former WOULD be possible if we were allowed to ask the right questions without being called 'racist' and if they were interned until the facts could be established via a proper application procedure. I love the way you open borders lot advocate the chaos and mostly appalling consequences of unchecked and unmetered migration of fighting-age males whilst sitting in comfortable 'traditionally' populated areas and leave the poor bastards in the towns and cities who cannot afford to flee, to experience the irreversible wrecking of their communities, sitting in the shit people like you inflict upon them.

And to post an article which bemoans the cost of living crisis, NHS crisis and poverty while er... advocating MORE mouths to be fed landing in the country putting MORE strain on housing space, NHS, unemployment, social cohesion and everything else is surely the most submoronic tripe ever to be spouted even by the neo-liberal subnormals you follow on social media.

It seems we are trapped between the incompetent and ineffective incumbents and the insane, illogical, societal illiterates that will vote similar in as their replacements.

We may be fucked right now, but it will be unlubricated sodomy round the corner.

And it's over to Fred in the newsroom with some actual facts.

1700837161068.png

Really bad moment for Sunak at PMQs here, as he totally fails to explain why he had a huffy-strop and refused to meet the Greek PM on his recent visit to the UK. Starmer replies it's dead easy, and explains he met the Greek PM himself, and talked to him about all the important stuff, and also made it clear there'll be no law change with regard to the Elgin Marbles.

Sunak looking small, petty, and very ineffective.

Starmer: "I met with the Greek PM, we talked about the economy, security, immigration. I also told him we won’t be changing the law regarding the marbles. It’s not that difficult, PM."

1701261404675.png

When Rwanda tells you that your behaviour is veering into the realms of the unacceptable.....

By my counting so far we've been though three immigration ministers, and spent about two hundred million pounds, sending precisely (checks notes....), no one to Rwanda.

If we sent the immigration ministers to Rwanda I guess we could at least say someone's been there. LOL.

Rwanda have played a blinder though, trousering big stacks of cash and then saying 'Sorry geezers, we've decided you're a bit dodgy after all', they're probably spending it all on £10 spins on Bonanza Falls.

1701936561910.png
1701936731603.png

Good ol' Rishy starting to feel the heat, as the days of being the nation's dishy furlough saviour fade ever more into obscurity...

Realizing that he's not only serving out his illegitimate reign, but that he polls as the least popular member of the Tories, it seems like the ghosts of Christmas past are giving him real jip.

Namely Suella Braverman, whose speech caused a bit of a Rwanda riot, has Sunak now threatening to call an early Election if the Rwanda vote goes awry next week.....

11am is pencilled in for further elucidation, with the nation set to be more confused than ever after that press conference. Stay tuned!

When Rwanda tells you that your behaviour is veering into the realms of the unacceptable.....

By my counting so far we've been though three immigration ministers, and spent about two hundred million pounds, sending precisely (checks notes....), no one to Rwanda.

If we sent the immigration ministers to Rwanda I guess we could at least say someone's been there. LOL.

Rwanda have played a blinder though, trousering big stacks of cash and then saying 'Sorry geezers, we've decided you're a bit dodgy after all', they're probably spending it all on £10 spins on Bonanza Falls.

View attachment 190879
View attachment 190880

Has sir keir thatcher tabled his alternative solution yet?

I'm not enamoured by this Rwanda ruse, just the mention of that country's name leads one to think this is akin to a cowboy builder solution, but something needs to be done.

I would probably enact some sort of boycott of all french produce until they stop foreign people congregating on their shoreline planning boat trips, french farmers have a fair bit of power apparently so that would seem to be an achilles heel. The french govt must be breaking some sort of international code, effectively this is aiding smuggling but of people not goods.

Has sir keir thatcher tabled his alternative solution yet?

Yes, and Labour have been clear all along what they would do, which is to actually process the applications, rather than the government's approach of deliberately confecting a 'crisis' to stoke up confected rage about a problem entirely of their own making. (Which is backfiring spectacularly in electoral terms, so there's that at least, I suppose.)

The UK's asylum system was working fine through the Cameron years, you can see below that the wheels started to come off the wagon when the UK 'took back control' and installed a series of loonies/liars/incompetents as its Prime Ministers who spied what they thought was an opportunity to get some cheap populist votes.

Imagine if the Tories had expended a fraction of the effort (and money....) on actually addressing the problem, than they have on their batshit insane illegal idea to send a few hundred people to Rwanda.

1701958835691.png

Yes, and Labour have been clear all along what they would do, which is to actually process the applications, rather than the government's approach of deliberately confecting a 'crisis' to stoke up confected rage about a problem entirely of their own making. (Which is backfiring spectacularly in electoral terms, so there's that at least, I suppose.)

The UK's asylum system was working fine through the Cameron years, you can see below that the wheels started to come off the wagon when the UK 'took back control' and installed a series of loonies/liars/incompetents as its Prime Ministers who spied what they thought was an opportunity to get some cheap populist votes.

Imagine if the Tories had expended a fraction of the effort (and money....) on actually addressing the problem, than they have on their batshit insane illegal idea to send a few hundred people to Rwanda.

View attachment 190886

Totally agree with the bold. It's not only the boat folk, but 'legal' immigration numbers have gone mental too.

As it's my occasional wont to be conspiratorial, it feels like a deliberate slackening of the criteria/rules, perhaps an extra million people will boost gdp in a debt based economy, prevent the housing market collapsing, or suppress wages at the lower ends.

We cannot have good public services eg prompt GP and hospital appts, decent pensions and safety net with an open door immigration policy.

Sir keir is making some encouraging sounds and seems capable of telling his party 'no', plus he's legally trained to a high level, maybe he can resolve these things better.

The Home Office has now revealed (when pressed) that the Rwanda scheme has already cost two and hundred and forty million pounds, and so far has sent no one to Rwanda. (Unless UK Immigration Ministers visiting it counts.)

Another fifty million already committed for next year, which makes a grand total of just shy of £300m, to achieve the sum total of precisely fuck all.

Whatever your stance on immigration, legal, illegal, aliens from the moon, whatever, this is a total dereliction of duty by a staggeringly incompetent government and yet another shocking waste of UK taxpayer money. As Maggie T was keen to point out, governments only have other people's money to spend, and the Tories are spunking it up the wall on a biblical scale - whilst squirrelling away as much cash as they can for themselves and their mates.

Well it seems the drama surrounding the Rwanda Bill has concluded for the first stage, as the 'Ayes' narrowly squeak through, causing Sunak not to call an early General Election he was never going to call anyway.

And still confusion reigns, as ordinary Brits are perplexed more than ever as to the brass tacks of this arrangement, let alone how anyone would be stupid enough to make that the basis of their voter rallying cry.

'Asylum seekers' are to be flown to......Rwanda of all places, to have their claims processed. This would surely entail that every single arrival would be sent there. So gone are the three star hotels, in come the expensive flight manifestos :what:

Is this the 'deterrent' the Government set out to unleash, so that chancers think they won't be put up in luxury upon their arrival? Is that what's going to stop human trafficking gangs or repeat 'boat journeyers' from taking that chance?....

And still, little mention of the swathes of arrivals that 'blend' into country without anyone's knowledge and accountability. How is that 'Stopping The Boats'?

Fear not however - if Sunak can engineer his highly dubious vanity project to completion and circumnavigate European laws in the process, dozens of flights are going to be bound for Rwanda, including many genuine asylum seekers that really have no place being there, in a one-size-fits-all coup.

And best of all, if proven that Rwanda is 'safe' and not likely to send them back to their country of origin, honest guv, then the only place they'd be permitted to return to is......

.....the UK.....

Confused? Ready to vote Tories based off this? :laugh:

Stop the boats? Stop the ******* cringe more like

It's nothing more than extremely expensive performative cruelty, even running at maximum intended capacity, the Rwanda scheme wouldn't make a dent in the asylum backlog (a backlog that the current administration has deliberately curated), and currently we're on course to be three hundred million quid in the hole with literally nothing to show for it - it's incompetence on a biblical scale.

Imagine if they'd spent three hundred million quid, and the same amount of effort, on actually trying to fix the problem instead?

Rwanda is turning into a sort of Brexit Mark 2, it's sucking up all the oxygen in the room, whilst Tory MPs fight like cats in a sack trying to out-wanker each other, and more moderate voices on the centre-right are appalled (as witnessed by the polls in terms of general election voting intentions, and specifically on the Rwanda policy itself, as well as the wider immigration issue, it just isn't a top priority, or even close to it, for a lot of folks in the UK).

I think Rwanda will join Brexit on the tombstone of the last thirteen years of Tory misrule, and form another component of the epitaph.

The current political landscape harshly exposes the weakness of our FPTP electoral system, there are really two movements within both the Conservative and Labour parties at the moment, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for them all to split off into their own parties, and then under a PR system at the general election, they'd all be represented fairly. (The same would hold true for the Lib Dems and The Greens.)

I think there are a lot of unhappy campers on both the left and the right, Labour are serving their more centre-leaning folks quite well, but Corbyn-fanciers such as myself feel rather bereft. Similarly for the Tories, a lot of more moderate Conservative voters are repelled by the current stance on immigration, the Rwanda scheme, the total disregard for the rule of law and basic freedoms, the abandoning of decent public services and so on. Whereas if you're a right-wing headbanger (no offence intended.....) then yeah, the antics of the likes of Braverman and suchlike are probably a moderately edifying sight.

As an aside, I think Mark Francois wins the award for most eminently punchable politician in the UK, possibly even the world, with his self-proclaimed 'Star Chamber' bollocks, fucking hell. He's like a sentient sweaty ham.

The current political landscape harshly exposes the weakness of our FPTP electoral system, there are really two movements within both the Conservative and Labour parties at the moment, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for them all to split off into their own parties, and then under a PR system at the general election, they'd all be represented fairly. (The same would hold true for the Lib Dems and The Greens.)

I think there are a lot of unhappy campers on both the left and the right, Labour are serving their more centre-leaning folks quite well, but Corbyn-fanciers such as myself feel rather bereft. Similarly for the Tories, a lot of more moderate Conservative voters are repelled by the current stance on immigration, the Rwanda scheme, the total disregard for the rule of law and basic freedoms, the abandoning of decent public services and so on. Whereas if you're a right-wing headbanger (no offence intended.....) then yeah, the antics of the likes of Braverman and suchlike are probably a moderately edifying sight.

As an aside, I think Mark Francois wins the award for most eminently punchable politician in the UK, possibly even the world, with his self-proclaimed 'Star Chamber' bollocks, fucking hell. He's like a sentient sweaty ham.

loltl.jpg

Out of curiosity, why Corbyn fancying? The guy is an election loser - couldn't even convince his own party, and part of the Red book Labour Labour Party who hate the EU but kinda don't like to say so.

It's certainly been the year of weaponising rhetoric - lets call people invaders etc - unfortunately chimed by supporters and the creation of ghosts. -i tune into GB News for a laugh and leave with the view we call care about small boats. Which is pretty nuts.

Out of curiosity, why Corbyn fancying? The guy is an election loser - couldn't even convince his own party, and part of the Red book Labour Labour Party who hate the EU but kinda don't like to say so.

It's certainly been the year of weaponising rhetoric - lets call people invaders etc - unfortunately chimed by supporters and the creation of ghosts. -i tune into GB News for a laugh and leave with the view we call care about small boats. Which is pretty nuts.
Apparently there were 342 sea swimmers doing their annual Boxing Day cold dip off the Kent coast and 873 came back.

If you remove Corbyn from the equation (I appreciate he's a very divisive figure), and simply judge Labour on the merits of its 2019 manifesto, it had a lot going for it, and represented a massively better deal for 'normal people' than the Tories' offering, and I think the evidence of that is pretty clear from the last four years. I honestly think the 2019 general election may have been the last time the UK had the chance to vote for a genuinely transformative political party that would have worked on their behalf to make their lives better, instead it got Johnson and his cronies, who 'got Brexit done' (their one big selling point) so well that it's blown a permanent 4-6% hole in the UK's economy. (That's many tens of billions pounds per year lost, every year, in perpetuity, from the UK's coffers.)

We now know, with absolute certainty (thanks to the enquiry) that the government's handling of Covid was disastrous on almost every conceivable level, it's all there in black and white. 'Corbyn would have been worse' isn't an answer, we had to the Tories and they were shit, and I find it hard to believe Corbyn would have been partying in Number 10 during the depths of the crisis, or finding himself at parties he didn't realise were parties (remember that's the line Johnson used), whilst the people of Britain sacrificed so much, and died in far bigger numbers than they should have done.

(As an aside, 'no one cares about the parties' isn't an answer either, in all the polling, that is still one of the biggest hate-points people have for the Tories, because Covid was so personal for so many people. It's hard to overstate how much Johnson's antics over Covid has mortally wounded the Conservative Party.)

On nationalisation, the railways are slowly being renationalised by stealth anyway, Thames Water is likely going to go under at some point without massive state intervention, as the foreign vultures have extracted as much money from it as possible and saddled it with huge amounts of debt, as the rivers and lakes under its remit overflow with literal shit.

We also need to remember that whilst the 2019 election was something of a wipeout in seats in the House of Commons terms for Labour, in terms of votes cast it was nowhere near as biblical as the MP count would suggest, thanks to our abominable FPTP electoral system. (New Labour not getting rid of that during their time in power is a shocking dereliction of duty IMO.)

1703761131515.png

A lot of people liked what Corbyn was selling, but I readily concede not enough to come close to winning an election, and certainly not in the relatively small number of seats that actually decide general elections in the UK. And now we have a very 'safe' centrist offering from Starmer, still far preferable to the Tories, but not in the same league as the positive change that Corbyn's Labour would have introduced.

And what did the Tories gift us in the wake of Johnson? We had the comical Liz Truss premiership, a woman whose name is the setup, delivery and punchline of a joke all by itself, and finally gave the 'hard right free marketers' a chance to show us what they were made of, and the free markets took one look, decided she was batshit crazy and promptly put the UK into the financial loony bin, from which it is still trying to fully remove itself. (Although she did, very conveniently for Labour, single-handedly destroy the Tories being able to claim to be the party of economic competence.)

Now it's Sunak, who is a pretty dismal politician and hamstrung by the various crackpot factions within his party, yet another Prime Minister no one voted for, and currently looks set to only succeed on one of his big five policy points, that to halve inflation, which is up there with promising that the month of July will follow the month of June, such is its inevitability.

So yeah, against that backdrop, I'd have very much liked to see a Labour government in 2019.

If you remove Corbyn from the equation (I appreciate he's a very divisive figure), and simply judge Labour on the merits of its 2019 manifesto, it had a lot going for it, and represented a massively better deal for 'normal people' than the Tories' offering, and I think the evidence of that is pretty clear from the last four years. I honestly think the 2019 general election may have been the last time the UK had the chance to vote for a genuinely transformative political party that would have worked on their behalf to make their lives better, instead it got Johnson and his cronies, who 'got Brexit done' (their one big selling point) so well that it's blown a permanent 4-6% hole in the UK's economy. (That's many tens of billions pounds per year lost, every year, in perpetuity, from the UK's coffers.)

We now know, with absolute certainty (thanks to the enquiry) that the government's handling of Covid was disastrous on almost every conceivable level, it's all there in black and white. 'Corbyn would have been worse' isn't an answer, we had to the Tories and they were shit, and I find it hard to believe Corbyn would have been partying in Number 10 during the depths of the crisis, or finding himself at parties he didn't realise were parties (remember that's the line Johnson used), whilst the people of Britain sacrificed so much, and died in far bigger numbers than they should have done.

(As an aside, 'no one cares about the parties' isn't an answer either, in all the polling, that is still one of the biggest hate-points people have for the Tories, because Covid was so personal for so many people. It's hard to overstate how much Johnson's antics over Covid has mortally wounded the Conservative Party.)

On nationalisation, the railways are slowly being renationalised by stealth anyway, Thames Water is likely going to go under at some point without massive state intervention, as the foreign vultures have extracted as much money from it as possible and saddled it with huge amounts of debt, as the rivers and lakes under its remit overflow with literal shit.

We also need to remember that whilst the 2019 election was something of a wipeout in seats in the House of Commons terms for Labour, in terms of votes cast it was nowhere near as biblical as the MP count would suggest, thanks to our abominable FPTP electoral system. (New Labour not getting rid of that during their time in power is a shocking dereliction of duty IMO.)

View attachment 191786

A lot of people liked what Corbyn was selling, but I readily concede not enough to come close to winning an election, and certainly not in the relatively small number of seats that actually decide general elections in the UK. And now we have a very 'safe' centrist offering from Starmer, still far preferable to the Tories, but not in the same league as the positive change that Corbyn's Labour would have introduced.

And what did the Tories gift us in the wake of Johnson? We had the comical Liz Truss premiership, a woman whose name is the setup, delivery and punchline of a joke all by itself, and finally gave the 'hard right free marketers' a chance to show us what they were made of, and the free markets took one look, decided she was batshit crazy and promptly put the UK into the financial loony bin, from which it is still trying to fully remove itself. (Although she did, very conveniently for Labour, single-handedly destroy the Tories being able to claim to be the party of economic competence.)

Now it's Sunak, who is a pretty dismal politician and hamstrung by the various crackpot factions within his party, yet another Prime Minister no one voted for, and currently looks set to only succeed on one of his big five policy points, that to halve inflation, which is up there with promising that the month of July will follow the month of June, such is its inevitability.

So yeah, against that backdrop, I'd have very much liked to see a Labour government in 2019.
Well, lets not get romanticised about nationalisation - British Rail was crap beforehand and the Scottish version is even worse now: there is an even ground ;-)

Sunak is crap though but the latest batch such as Cruella, Kruger, Miriam Coates ( she has Joy as a middle name, she has none) is an even worse prospect. And then there's Lee Anderson - such a ridiculous politician, relying on people thinking he's some saviour and playing on the man of the people i feel sorry for people who buy his nonsense .

I hear people like urself quote this weird 'normal people' narrative - i live in Scotland, i'm normal (subjective as that is) and a socialist SNP does nothing for me - does that mean i'm outwith the bandwidth? We need to get away from this working class v the elite nonsense we've been fed.

Starmer's not even typically labour so a one term will happen and behind that there's nothing much else.

And quoting the finding of a CV enquiry is here nor there. it was a once in a lifetime, hopefully, event and Labour would be subject to the same criticism

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back