Apple Event this evening

apple-computer.gif

I recall not long ago Apple produced the first 'curved screen' phone. I saw it on a BBC consumer programme if I recall right.

Ooops! Sorry, I forgot. The phone had a nasty habit of bending when inserted in tight rear jeans pockets, curving to approximate shape of one's arse. Or was that retrospectively turned into a selling point? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Please stop fighting, they are both good.
Androids are nice because you get the same performance for less money and its super easy to customize them, apples are cool because they contain much more nutrients and you can dice them up and turn them into pie

Different strokes for different folks, or as Webzcas described it, 'you buy the experience'

2.gif

I almost switched to Apple 7 years ago, but had a horrible experience with butterfly keys failing 18 months in on the MacBook pro I bought. So I've been hesitant to go back.

That said, I keep buying the stock as it dips. I am optimistic that they are going to stay ahead of the whole AI thing and bring it to the people in a practical way. (That's en entire debate, I supposed).

I've just found out where all you Apple haters and Fandroids like to hang out and what you get up to in your spare time! :eek:

Nice attire you are sporting there @dunover 😆 :p

That must've been on a Friday, my cross-dressing day. :confused:

The day has finally arrived!

With the iPhone 15 officially on sale, the world sits back in awe at the mass neurosis, where even the threat of flagellation hasn't deterred Dubai tech-lovers from running amok!

appl.jpg

Rumours that it's "Kinda like the iPhone 14" are yet to be confirmed

sheep-heard-of-sheep.gif

Sheep ha!

Sticking with my 13 which I have only had for 18 months. Can't justify the upgrade for at least a year or two. Besides, I got my M2 Pro 14' Macbook Pro in April - that has made a dent in my wallet equivalent to a barrage of ATACMS hitting it 😆

However, this made me nearly shed a tear! YouTubers have too much money!!! What a waste!!! :-(

Here are some fresh Apple and Google news. I've been kind of following this and i know some people are even expecting an Apple search engine to appear.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Equity research firm Sanford Bernstein estimates Google will pay Apple between $18 billion and $19 billion this year for default search status, more than the market capitalization of Best Buy or the GDP of Mongolia, and nearly 5 percent of Apple’s 2022 revenue.

... or the GDP of Mongolia, a "nice" comparison

The day has finally arrived!

With the iPhone 15 officially on sale, the world sits back in awe at the mass neurosis, where even the threat of flagellation hasn't deterred Dubai tech-lovers from running amok!

View attachment 187305

Rumours that it's "Kinda like the iPhone 14" are yet to be confirmed

sheep-heard-of-sheep.gif
There's was me thinking they were all fighting over Cabbage Patch dolls.

Some great deals now on the 14, 13 and 12, either brand new or through the Apple refurbished store. I also highly recommend ur.co.uk - via Amazon got my son a replacement 12 mini for a great price and other than the fact it didn't come in the official packaging, you can not tell it is refurbished. It is as good as new, plus backed by a 1 year warranty via courtesy of Amazon.

Battery health over 90% too.

Agree, I also have an iPhone 13 and I’m quite happy but I’m still waiting for the release of new models to see what else Apple marketers have come up with

Gotta love the 6-weeek hate fest on Apple products following the launch. this time it is phones heating up and cracked screens. We always end up with a few bugs, but the media loves to crucify them.

Have to say having experienced Sonoma for the past 24 hours the differences are subtle, this is not such a big update that Ventura was from Monterey last year.

The striking features so far are the default landscape, city and region wallpapers, especially on the locked screen, whereby you move slowly over them.

Actually quite stunning and the 5k display of the iMac really shows it off. But... my word, the pro res mini led display with an adaptive refresh rate of 120Hz on the M2 Pro MacBook Pro - wow next level. :)

Yep, I am an Apple fanboy, but then the entire Apple ecosystem is superb. Being able to airdrop my pictures from my phone to my other devices and vice versa is a big win. As is the watch especially if you work out.

The new watch os update along with ios 17 on the phone, means you can view and monitor your performance on your phone, rather than looking at your watch. Really handy when on a bike or treadmill.

Last edited:
Have to say having experienced Sonoma for the past 24 hours the differences are subtle, this is not such a big update that Ventura was from Monterey last year.

The striking features so far are the default landscape, city and region wallpapers, especially on the locked screen, whereby you move slowly over them.

Actually quite stunning and the 5k display of the iMac really shows it off. But... my word, the pro res mini led display with an adaptive refresh rate of 120Hz on the M2 Pro MacBook Pro - wow next level. :)

Yep, I am an Apple fanboy, but then the entire Apple ecosystem is superb. Being able to airdrop my pictures from my phone to my other devices and vice versa is a big win. As is the watch especially if you work out.

The new watch os update along with ios 17 on the phone, means you can view and monitor your performance on your phone, rather than looking at your watch. Really handy when on a bike or treadmill.
Careful, you are going to get it on the 5k display and ruin all the cool wallpapers.

4.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back