Apple Event this evening

Webzcas

Winter is Coming!
Staff member
Too be honest, even though I watched it in its entirety, neither the Watch Series 9 or the new iPhone 15 jumped out at me and made me want to save and get either.

I have a Watch SE which is more than good enough for what I need. Great for tracking the walks I take the dog on and also for recording my workouts at the gym, plus it also tells the time sufficiently well that I do not have the need or desire to replace it.

As for the iPhone 15. Well my current model is the 13 which is great. The incremental updates over the past 2 years are not enough to wow me. I am more than happy with the 13's battery life and cameras and the storage.

So alas, there are no plans here to buy even more Apple products to add to my three iMacs ( 2020 27', 2011 27', 2006 24' ), two MacBooks ( 2023 M2 Pro oh yes! 2015 MacBook Pro ) and a whole host of phones and accessories lol

I had that phone circa 2001. Got the iPhone 3GS when it came out in 2009/2010 and haven't looked back. Well actually I tell a small lie there, I tried a HTC Android phone after the 3GS, but hated it. Have all my iPhones going back to my beat up old 5s.

My son has a 12 mini, wife a 12 and my daughter has my old SE.

Kept all the boxes too as far back as the 8.

phones.jpg

As for my Macs. My son has my old 2015 MacBook Pro, the 2020 iMac is what I am typing this post on, the 2011 iMac I picked up on eBay a few months back, is our internet browsing / music machine and my 2006 iMac is in storage. With my M2 Pro MacBook Pro, rocking my desk next to my 2020 iMac :)

desk.jpg

Last edited:
When they offer you some kool-aid, do NOT drink it.
Stay safe out there.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

'Fanboys have already been called Apple worshipers for a long time, but a scientific study from the UK suggests that these words couldn’t have been chosen better. Neuroscientists have been studying the effects of the brand on the brain of Apple fanatics, and the result shows that the brain zone activated by Apple imagery is the same as the one activated by religious imagery for believers.'

Help is available when you are ready to accept it. 🫥

j.jpg

Last edited:
MacBook Air M1 Chip Vs MacMini M2 Chip-both are fast but Macbook Air is still the faster, Both have a fanless design

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 06.19.37.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 06.19.37.png
    343.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 06.19.58.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 06.19.58.png
    308.9 KB · Views: 5
When they offer you some kool-aid, do NOT drink it.
Stay safe out there.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

'Fanboys have already been called Apple worshipers for a long time, but a scientific study from the UK suggests that these words couldn’t have been chosen better. Neuroscientists have been studying the effects of the brand on the brain of Apple fanatics, and the result shows that the brain zone activated by Apple imagery is the same as the one activated by religious imagery for believers.'

Help is available when you are ready to accept it. 🫥

View attachment 186953
Ha, same goes for the cult that worship Android handsets, hence they are called Fandroids! :)

These are the speeds of the SSD storage chips. My M2 Pro Macbook Pro is over 3,000 mb/s but has only 1 NAND chip, as it is 512gb, if I had upgraded to 1TB or more, it would have 2 or more NAND chips and the speed would be double!!!

For reference my 2020 iMac is below:

View attachment 186957
soon we will have M3 lol waiting to get Ipad m3

iMacs are nice machines for sure, if a tad pricey. They'd need parallax scrolling and Mode 7 before I'd even consider buying one though.
Resell value also holds up really well, hence I keep all the boxes. If I do sell my 2020 iMac, which I may consider doing so in the next 12 months, I should still get a very good return on it :)

Ha, same goes for the cult that worship Android handsets, hence they are called Fandroids! :)
I don't think anyone should be in a phone cult, no matter what OS the phone is using.
it's just a phone.

That said, just like everyone else i do have a favorite and i wouldn't change it for the world.

- Sent from my Western electric 40AL.
a.jpg

It is strange to hear about iPhone 12s emitting too much radiation, some three years after their launch, prior to the iPhone 15's imminent arrival.

I guess the research into its effects just happened to coincide with Apple releasing an £800 product, science can work in mysterious ways sometimes.

Far enough back for most people to still own a three year-old piece of tech to be considered relevant, but not old enough to still make money off their iPhone 13s and 14s. I doubt Apple acolytes extend as far back as owning iPhone 11s, that's just silly.

So there you have it. iPhone 12s will melt your brains and wreck pacemakers, but 'research' past those models is still ongoing, so hold onto your hats peeps! (and buy the iPhone 15 thankyou please) 🙏

Never understood the obsession with apple products. I do have an Ipad Air 2 which i've always said is another level above any other tablet on the market. I'm a Samsung man for phones, having had the S3, S7, S10 and now S22. I only change once the battery decides to flake. It was brialliant being able to change batteries and why I initially preferred Samsung, that's now changed, so maybe in the future I'll delve into Apple. I just prefer Windows OS and Android.

You have a lot of Apple products though......😂

I've been waiting for the conversion to USB-C. going to be getting the iPhone 15, but not the watch. I like Garmin for my running.

In a way one can't fault the marketing genius behind it all. Everyone has their favoured brands, I'll always opt for the likes of Sony, Samsung, Phillips etc, when it comes to electronics.

And Apple's effortless style is something re-shaped from the ground up, from when they were somewhat struggling, to the #1 must-have consumer product. Their turnaround to near- fashion status is undoubtedly impressive, and probably the benchmark from which other companies draw inspiration from, however much they continue selling people the same product annually.

Can't remember the exact key points made by Jobs in one of his seminars, but it was a closed loop of things, then repeat the cycle, with one of them being, to paraphrase, "Create a religion".

Well, I don't know about you guys, but it's safe to say he succeeded on that front! Apple enthusiasts will openly murder each other in line for pubes inside an Apple case without a shred of self-awareness. Blinded by the notion that other companies have superseded them on a technical level years ago, but too enamoured with the associated prestige of parading their mugger-alerting tech in full view of others.

Apple consumers are probably even more rabid than Christopher Nolan stans, and that's impressive in anyone's book!

Apart from the iPod never bought Apple stuff and doubt I ever will. Missus and kids do, seem to love them but not me. They are crap value generally in terms of performance to cost pro-rata. I got a Windows tablet, Asus, SSD job of course, magnetic keyboard, stand plenty of sockets, great camera, fast etc. £799 pisses all over the iPads which in my view are made for people who like to walk around in public with the 'right' bottle of water or coffee in sight of everyone else. iPhones are 'table' phones for a certain type of person to lay down beside them in the cafe or bar to say 'look what I've got....'

Tell me the Samsung S21 Ultra onwards aren't better phones than the iPhone 13 onwards. Of course, if you believe a good camera is the be-all and end-all then fine. In my view Nike trainers are pretty crap quality and overpriced when compared to K-Swiss, New Balance etc. but the branding is king rather than value for money so I do get it. Not for me though!

*edited typos*

When was the last time you had to reboot your Bill Gates powered Windows PC due to it hanging?

I can leave my Macs logged on for weeks on end and have never had to turn them off and back on again, due to MacOS crashing - in short it doesn't crash :)

But then MacOs is by far a superior OS what with it being built on Linux. As for the hardware, sure you can build a PC rig with better graphics etc for less money, but you are also buying the experience, the convenience and the knowledge you get a quality product with Apple, which holds its resale value solidly.

When was the last time you had to reboot your Bill Gates powered Windows PC due to it hanging?

I can leave my Macs logged on for weeks on end and have never had to turn them off and back on again, due to MacOS crashing - in short it doesn't crash :)

But then MacOs is by far a superior OS what with it being built on Linux. As for the hardware, sure you can build a PC rig with better graphics etc for less money, but you are also buying the experience, the convenience and the knowledge you get a quality product with Apple, which holds its resale value solidly.

Several years ago. Since Win10 never had any issues cross-fingers! I think the actual problem was the size of the drive and RAM requirement for the Win OS and the integration with almost all other programmes you have. With the advent in the last 5 or so years of cheaper SSD/high RAM PCs and laptops I can't say it's a problem any more.

P.S. I wonder if wonderful Macs can stop this from happening here almost every day at some stage? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

again.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back