What gigs and concerts have you been to?

I've been to quite some festivals in the early 2000s but not that many single artist gigs. Let's see what the most memorable were in non-particular order:

1. James Brown and Joe Cocker at Night of the Proms 2004 at the Sportspalace in Antwerp. Very happy I've seen both artists in concert and at the same night. Of course this was only a 150 minute show with various other artists so both of them had about 45 minutes as they were the main events. Other artists included Shaggy and John Miles.

2. Coldplay in 2005 at the same location as NotP. I had seem them before at Rock Werchter in 2003 but had to see them at a non-festival gig.

3. Pukkelpop 2001 as a whole because it was my first festival. Most memorable were definitely Royksopp, The Prodigy, Muse and Orbital.

4. Pukkelpop 2006. The last festival I attended. 3 headliners any festival can dream of: Radiohead on the 1st night, Massive Attack on the 2nd and to top it off Daft Punk to close it out on night 3! Music wise this was the best festival and a great end of an era for me.

5. Roskilde 2004. We were going there mainly for the experience and bought tickets before a single artist was announced. Then they announced David Bowie and I was extatic. A couple of days before he was supposed to appear at the festival he had to cancel and was replaced by Slipknot... Still saw some awesome concerts by Muse, Fatboy Slim, Morrissey and NERD just to name a few.

Other memorable concerts were DJ Tiësto, The Chemical Brothers, Placebo, Faithless, Mogwai, REM, Underworld, Infected Mushroom and of course Foo Fighters.

In 2009 Kraftwerk played at Pukkelpop and I was planning on buying a 1 day ticket but they were sold out in minutes, I didn't have a chance. I'd have loved the chance to see them back then.

Earlier this year I actually attended a concert for the first time since 2006. It was a gig from a local artist Tijs Vanneste.

Never really bothered much with live concerts as such. Went to few when younger then ended up settling down in early 20's with kids and basically gave up most things in life as had different priorities then.

Reached 50 now and you can say I have many regrets about how my life went but what the hell.

Anyway will just mention a couple that have not been mentioned yet in here. Went to Australian Doors at Barrowlands in early 90's was good night.

Main one was to a concert where I was not even interested in the artist. But pal had spare ticket and someone had pulled out. So from Friday night we drank non stop , got totally stoned and let's face it by the time the concert started on the Saturday we were all totally wasted.

Was Prince concert when he played at the piggery in 1992 I think. Just sitting in the terracing rolling joints non stop before it started as was before they seated the dump. Actually a great concert from what I remember but then again think I'd have enjoyed any concert that day.

I don't quite recall what the event or concert was for - just a few different bands/artists, and Eddie grant was one i remember the clearest. I just walked in part way through the thing without question from anyone! So stayed and watched the rest of the bands/artists left to go. :laugh:

I don't quite recall what the event or concert was for - just a few different bands/artists, and Eddie grant was one i remember the clearest. I just walked in part way through the thing without question from anyone! So stayed and watched the rest of the bands/artists left to go. :laugh:
You didn't want to dance?

I've not been to anything with thousands of people but I'm into prog rock so smaller audiences,anyway

1.ELP
2.HAWKWIND
3.CURVED AIR
4.RICK WAKEMEN
5.JETHRO TULL
6.PENTANGLE
7.FAIRPORT CONVENTION
8.STEELEYE SPAN
9.NAZARETH
10.FOCUS
11.ALL ABOUT EVE
12.VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR

Can't beat Prog Rock :)

But then I am nearing my 50th year on this planet. Smaller venues are much better than stadium gigs or dare I say it festivals with the huge crowds of people that that entails.

You cannot beat a smaller venue where you can get close to the stage and up close and personal. All 5 gigs I have been to this year I have been lucky to have been in this position.

Can't beat Prog Rock :)

But then I am nearing my 50th year on this planet. Smaller venues are much better than stadium gigs or dare I say it festivals with the huge crowds of people that that entails.

You cannot beat a smaller venue where you can get close to the stage and up close and personal. All 5 gigs I have been to this year I have been lucky to have been in this position.
That is very true my friend,I'm also nearly mid 50s now,talking of smaller venues omg I remember about 20 years ago in a small town in Lincolnshire I went to see Pentangle and only about 18 people turned up,the band still played there full potential

Ok so bumping this thread as I have some more concerts to list. Last month, a couple of weeks ago I saw Bleach Lab in Bristol, which you can view the highlights of here ⬇️

The mother of the lead singer Jenna, also has found this vid I took and uploaded and commented on it! :D

Next Tuesday going to see Cardinal Black in Bristol - hopefully will have another video of this too :)

yep time to bring some class here,

shakin stevens 84 support band the star gazers and 92 brilliant

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back