Question Slots feature buy - worth it or nah?

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
So occasionally I'll buy the feature in games that have that option, but usually I don't even make back the cost of the buy in. So I normally go for the lowest bet, and sometimes when I've got a little extra I'll throw $100 at the hot mode in Break da Bank Again Megaways. For those who don't know, it's 15 free spins (at 20 cents) starting with a 20x multiplier, every win the multiplier goes up, every scatter adds another spin, 3 or more scatters retrigger the 10 spins. Massive potential, but only once did I ever make more than it cost.

Anyhow I'm wondering if you guys ever do the feature buys and if so, if you've ever won anything good?

Last edited:
Hey!

I'd imagine most members here won't have the option for feature buy as it was banned for UK players, but since I am in Gibraltar I'm one of the "lucky" ones who have the option. :)

I must say I don't recall many occasions where I've won more than the cost of the feature. I don't do it too often for that reason. It makes sense that there needs to be losing feature buys otherwise the maths wouldn't make sense, but it would be nice to get a decent win sometime. :)

Mark

Being UK I am no longer allowed to buy them but I found them worth it.

Less time wasted to actually get a bonus and sometimes cheaper than getting one naturally.

However you do have to select your buys and games very carefully, like all slots some are more brutal than others, stick to sensible games and amounts and they can be just as good value as playing slots normally.

I test a lot of games in demo, so I can't buy them with real money but do try them every time they are available in demo. In my experience, I estimate about 30% of the time I do well from them. Sometimes I might end up more or less the same as I started, but the majority of the time the bonus buy just steal about 50%-60% of the cost.

Only an anecdotal reply i'm afraid but that's been my sense of them.

I try to avoid feature buys after my last go at Big Bass Splash returned less than 10x 3 times in a row in the space of 2 minutes. Besides, base wins can be a nice surprise and adds to the enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back