dunover

Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
Sadly one of the original members of the Yardbirds, Jeff Beck, died yesterday. He was credited with changing the guitar sound via using feedback later and notably copied by Blackmore of Deep Purple and Hendrix among others.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Thats some shitty news. Big fan of Beck, especially his own stuff. Blow By Blow, Wired, There And Back, Guitar Shop, I've listened to these 1000 times, was just listening to Wired a few days ago. Adios JB, thanks for the memories.

That's really some sad news. Saw him two days in a row in June '76 at the Day on the Green concerts in Oakland CA.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Day On The Green #4: The J. Geils Band, Jeff Beck, Blue Öyster Cult, Mahogany Rush, Sammy Hagar (June 6, 1976)

That was one of the best concerts ever! Mahogany Rush was awesome - so was JB and J.Geils band

Wow, those Day On The Green line-ups are pretty incredible! Most of the bands I've ever loved appear to have shown up there at one time or another. ❤️❤️❤️

Tickets were around $7.50. I saw the Stones there for that price during the Some Girls tour.

But Jeff Beck was amazing - played a lot of stuff from the Wired and Blow by Blow albums. I wish I had my camera with me - I was pretty close to the front.

I think the 'scratch' guitar sound he did on the Yardbirds' Over Under Sideways Down was brilliant (sadly the singer Keith Relf died shortly afterwards electrocuted by a microphone) and I play it every now and again as it appeared on a 'Guitar Heroes at the BBC' programme which I kept on the TIVO box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back