Game of Thrones slot (Microgaming)

Hm, not excited about this one. Not sure if choose between 15 and 243 is a good thing, but its at least something new.

And i miss pictures of the actors and little scenes when hitting a big win. But on the other hand, the music makes me want to play it. :D

i actually really like the look of it, its very clean and minimal on the reels and easy to determine what the symbols on the reels are, as opposed to something like jurassic park where i'm left squinting trying to find out if i've actually won because they like to colour half the dinosaurs the same colour, not a massive fan of the tv series but ill definitely be playing this in 243 way :p im not sure the promo video shows of the full extent of each bonus round though. im guessing theres a a lot more "things" happening during the free spins.

i actually really like the look of it, its very clean and minimal on the reels and easy to determine what the symbols on the reels are, as opposed to something like jurassic park where i'm left squinting trying to find out if i've actually won because they like to colour half the dinosaurs the same colour, not a massive fan of the tv series but ill definitely be playing this in 243 way :p im not sure the promo video shows of the full extent of each bonus round though. im guessing theres a a lot more "things" happening during the free spins.

Totally agree. While I really do love Jurassic Park and TDK it really bugs me when it is hard to distinguish between the pay symbols. I like the clean look to this one and the choice between 15 and 243 is novel. I can see why they have gone for this approach using the house sygils instead of characters just due to the vast number of available characters. I am a fanboy of the TV show and the books too and I am very pleased with the look of it (but I am generally whenever I see stacked wilds and clear pay symbols). I have no doubt I will lose plenty on this when it comes out.

If it's got stacked wilds, I'm playing it 243 ways. I'll certainly give it a try.

Playing a 15 line slot with stacked wilds just reminds me of Lucky Witch, which is one of my least favourite slots.

they must not have the rights to the TV show , maybe only the book.

without the characters - lame.

"choose your free spins"

try thinking outside the box Microgaming, its getting embarrasing

Not long now :)

Thanks Ian, you beat me to it.

Kind of surprised by the trailer, compared to let's say Jurassic Park, it looks quite simple. Still looking forward to it, just hope it's not too low variance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome. Really like the look of the wilds and the scatters. I hope it's really high variance and going with that the wilds got their own win. Also I'd like to see a re-trigger ability during the free spins as the scatters seem to be in play. Otherwise they just end up being annoying.

According to Microgaming's twitter it'll launch in December.

Is this only for the 15 lines?
Are they going to make another for the 243 ways?
Yes, I'm interested to see how it looks 243 ways as well.
A reason why the video only shows 15 lines is that they have yet to implement the 243 option.

I notice how just before the end of the first lot of free spins, where the player opted for 8@5x multiplier, they cut straight to the next free spins as after 6 or 7 the total was barely 7x stake and they didn't want the total result shown.....:cool:

I have a theory that the lack of characters from the book and show are due to the expense of image rights. From the clip there were a few dragons and the White walker guy and that was it, pretty minimal really.

Didn't Lord of the Rings get pulled because it was costing MG too much money to keep showing the characters from the movie, I am sure someone told me that was why it got taken down.

Didn't Lord of the Rings get pulled because it was costing MG too much money to keep showing the characters from the movie, I am sure someone told me that was why it got taken down.

MG have enough budget I think, I don't know the exact reason but I expect they just couldn't renew the licence for whatever reason. As for Game of Thrones - I guess each actor has to agree to their rights being used, I don't watch it but doesn't the cast change quite a bit? Pretty sure I heard they kill off characters left right and centre - could be a pain to keep relevant if they use actors?

My opinion, I know as much as you guys.

Mark

MG have enough budget I think, I don't know the exact reason but I expect they just couldn't renew the licence for whatever reason. As for Game of Thrones - I guess each actor has to agree to their rights being used, I don't watch it but doesn't the cast change quite a bit? Pretty sure I heard they kill off characters left right and centre - could be a pain to keep relevant if they use actors?

My opinion, I know as much as you guys.

Mark

The LOTR series was agreed for three slot variants, and something happened that was much more than the license just expiring and MG finding they couldn't renew. By far the biggest clue was that the Tolkien estate sent lawyers after the film makers arguing that they never owned the rights to anything other than the movie, and that their spin off merchandise, and in particular the various gambling machines, was not allowed. It further appears that this argument had been running for about a year before it became public. It looks more like MG decided to move themselves out of the firing line by aborting the development of the third slot and reskinning the second with a Batman theme, but keeping it. In business terms, a wise decision, but it's the cover up and BS excuses about it "being pulled because it proved unpopular with players" that muddied the issue. It's quite possible that we now have that LOTR 3 slot, but we don't realise this because it's called "The Dark Knight Rises".

I also remember that when the first LOTR was released, there was some pretty pedantic guidance sent to affiliates that dictated in some detail how they were allowed to write up their game reviews. It was absolutely forbidden to so much as mention the book, or it's author. Everything had to be related to the film. There was also to be no mention whatsoever of the character Gandalf in any game review, and the name of the slot had to be written EXACTLY in a specified manner, including which letters had to be capitalised, and that it had to be referred to as "The Lord of the Rings", and not "Lord of the Rings". There has been nothing like this since, we can say "The Dark Knight", "Dark Night" or even TDK, no one cares so long as whoever is reading the review can understand what game it's about. This pedantic detail regarding the promotion of LOTR suggests that the legal teams of the film studio and MGS knew that producing a slot game was "skating on thin ice", and despite taking care, they eventually fell through this ice and had to distance themselves from this lawsuit. They probably felt that any mention of a connection between the book or author and the slot game would cause the Tolkien estate to bring on a lawsuit, but in the end it seems the Tolkien estate was "touchier" than their worst fears.

We are now seeing the same thing with Marvel slots, although it's a controlled withdrawal, rather than a knee-jerk reaction from a lawsuit. Disney (who now own Marvel) have simply decided that once current licenses for gambling games expire, they won't be renewed. You will not see any "legal" Disney themed slot game anywhere as their policy has been to foster a "family" image, and gambling does not fit well with this.

I remember when RTG had to suddenly rename a few of it's slots, including "Rapunzel" due to "legal concerns" some years ago. Players were puzzled because the authors of the original Rapunzel" story are long dead, and so the characters should be out of copyright. However, I now have the benefit of a 5 year old great niece, and it turns out that Rapunzel qualifies as a "Disney princess", and this is an obvious clue to RTG's "legal concerns" over the original name for what it now "Roberta's castle".

I notice that on this slots, free spins are multiplier x spins: 5x8=40, 4x10=40, 3x14=42, 2x18=36

does not that mean: 3x14 feature has slightly advantage over other features...

cheers

plasticnote

I notice that on this slots, free spins are multiplier x spins: 5x8=40, 4x10=40, 3x14=42, 2x18=36

does not that mean: 3x14 feature has slightly advantage over other features...

cheers

plasticnote

I don't think it is that simple. Each bonus round seems to have a unique stacked symbol on it so I think the payouts would depend on the relative differences between the pay tables of each of these different symbols. There may be also other changes in reels between each round too that we don't know about yet (like there are with things like Immortal romance).

I think that with only a demo to go on, it is hard to predict these things in any real detail

I think it looks shit :rolleyes:
MGS seem unable to come up with something genuinely original, the way NetEnt do. It's always the same old mundane guff.

Starburst, Twin Spin, CFTBL, Attraction, JATBS and so on. NetEnt are always releasing unique slots that are totally different to each other (regardless of our own personal feeling towards each slot).
MGS keep wheeling out the same tired old routine time and again. Although they've really went cray cray here with a choice of 15-line or 243-way so credit where it's due, whoop whoop.

They really are obsessed with 243-way slots. It's borderline OCD.

haven't been able to find any exact timeline for this tho...winter's actually almost set in ;-)

Personally, I'm looking forward to this but from the video preview I am a bit worried they haven't fulfilled its potential. I would have thought it could follow the footsteps of slots like The Avengers and Fantastic Four from Playtech's line of Marvel slots where there would be a different bonus feature for each major house e.g. Stark, Lannister, Targaryan etc. Unfortunately, it looks like the houses are simply used to distinguish free spins and multipliers. Plus, the lack of licensed characters is a bit worrying. I mean, if there's not a Tyrion Bonus (and it doesn't look like there is!) then I'm going to be a bit annoyed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back