How to post Youtube videos here at CM

Mousey

Ueber Meister Mouse
as requested....

There's probably other ways, but here's what I do.

Go to your video on YouTube.

Click on SHARE. Then click on OPTIONS.

Under OPTIONS click on LONG LINK.

Highlight and COPY the long link.

Come back here and open a new post.

Click on the little film strip in it taskbar above (if you hover over it you will see INSERT VIDEO).

Paste your youtube long link into the Insert Video Clip URL field that pops up, click OK and voila!

OPTION #2 -- (Thanks IanO!)

Go to your Youtube Video you want to post, highlight and copy URL at the top of your browser.

Open new post here at CM, Right click, paste.

Then OK.

Last edited:
seems a little over complicated to me....

I added the video below by opening the vid I wanted on youtube... copying the url (Link Removed ( Old/Invalid) ) and then just hitting 'paste' into the box here. copy/paste/post ... job done. Never went near 'share', 'long link' or the 'inseret video' button... it was all done automatically....

Is it just me that has it so easy?

Last edited by a moderator:
seems a little over complicated to me....

I added the video below by opening the vid I wanted on youtube... copying the url (Link Removed ( Old/Invalid) ) and then just hitting 'paste' into the box here. copy/paste/post ... job done. Never went near 'share', 'long link' or the 'inseret video' button... it was all done automatically....

Is it just me that has it so easy?

I don't know if it's IE8 or my Vista....:rolleyes: whatever it is... I can't just paste in the short link. Or it used to come up dead link... lemme try again....

woohoo! looks like it worked! thanks IanO

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. Good that people know two mentods... so if one does not work they can try the other.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling with this Mousey. If you're going to do more helpful tips I suggest you also join in the 'tagging' fun to make these threads easier for noobs to find. I just tagged this thread with 'video' and 'posting'...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back