Football / Soccer - Who Do You Support?

Did you see Swansea`s game V WBA?, a lot like the Liverpool from the 70`s, very mediocre go a goal down then boom, get the kick up the ass they needed and equalise straight away with a sweet 19 pass goal, then go on to win 2-1, hate to admit liking a Welsh team, but hell, these guys play sweet football ;).

They do - I really like their style of play. Being sponsored by 32Red makes it even better :)

Nate

As you can probably guess from my username, I'm a Preston North End fan.No jokes please.

We may have rivalries, most of my friends are Mancs.... we rip each other off, but We all have one common love - The Love for the game..... oh and gambling :)

Interesting enough:

In 1889, Preston North End became the first club to achieve the double of winning the FA Cup (beating Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0) and the Football League Championship in the same season. This double was even more extraordinary in that the league was won without a single defeat, a feat which would not be repeated in the top division until 2003–04, by Arsenal. Equally impressive was that the cup was won without conceding a single goal. Such was the team's dominance that it was nicknamed "The Invincibles".

Pretty hard to impossible to beat ya think?;)

Nate

Aren't PNE the oldest league club or something?

That Reds/Spuds game last night was a bit dire compared to Sunday's spectacle. I can't believe the two big signings of last January's window, Torres and Carroll have done so poorly. Torres in particular has lost all confidence in front of goal. Like Arshavin...wtf happened to him too? Weird.

That Reds/Spuds game last night was a bit dire compared to Sunday's spectacle. I can't believe the two big signings of last January's window, Torres and Carroll have done so poorly. Torres in particular has lost all confidence in front of goal. Like Arshavin...wtf happened to him too? Weird.

I think this is true yes,I also think we have had our stadium on the same plot of land for the longest too.

We also went a full season unbeaten too before Arsenal did it but admittedly there weren't as many teams as when Arsenal did it.

Edit: (From Wiki) The oldest continually used football stadium in the world, in use since 21 January 1875.

True... Whilst Carroll has been a bit slow he has shown that he is picking up form. He has had a goal or two and a few assists in recent games. I suppose having Suarez and Bellamy did not give him a good consecutive run of games. With the absence of Suarez for 9 matches, he received just that and has improved.

Torres on the other hand should have not left Liverpool. He is a shadow of the player he was at Anfield. He has had far too much time and has done worse than Carrol TBH.

I always rated Andre Arshavin - Good player and impressed at the Euros a few years ago - What happened? You got me there. I remember he scored 4 goals against Liverpool, but struggles to get game time at Arsenal...

Nate

True... Whilst Carroll has been a bit slow he has shown that he is picking up form. He has had a goal or two and a few assists in recent games. I suppose having Suarez and Bellamy did not give him a good consecutive run of games. With the absence of Suarez for 9 matches, he received just that and has improved.

Torres on the other hand should have not left Liverpool. He is a shadow of the player he was at Anfield. He has had far too much time and has done worse than Carrol TBH.

I always rated Andre Arshavin - Good player and impressed at the Euros a few years ago - What happened? You got me there. I remember he scored 4 goals against Liverpool, but struggles to get game time at Arsenal...

Nate

Torres had that injury at Liverpool that kept him out for a while and from what I can remember hasn't been the same player since. When you consider just how good he and Arshavin were when they first arrived - just how good they can be - it's perplexing. As a Gooner, Arshavin's 4-bagger against Liverpool at Anfield is one of the best memories of recent times (not a lot of competition on that since the 2003 "Invincibles" season though LOL).

Torres had that injury at Liverpool that kept him out for a while and from what I can remember hasn't been the same player since. When you consider just how good he and Arshavin were when they first arrived - just how good they can be - it's perplexing. As a Gooner, Arshavin's 4-bagger against Liverpool at Anfield is one of the best memories of recent times (not a lot of competition on that since the 2003 "Invincibles" season though LOL).

Thats true - He wasn't the same after the injury, however he began looking more and more like a spoilt brat. If things didn't go his way, he would argue with the referees and look as if he wasn't interested. Well, Chelsea can keep him. As much as I love Torres, he was treacherous leaving at the LAST MINUTE. One thing he has to realise is that he was just a striker at Athletico Madrid - Liverpool made him into a World Player of the Year contender and made him one of the most loved players in the Spanish side...

Same goes for Javier Mascherano - Sitting on the bench at West Ham to Argentinian Captain and now Barcas Midfield.

As a Pool fan, I wont forget Arshavins 4 goal haul either, but it was end to end football 4-4 Draw in the End - Nice game!

Nate

Last edited:
There's one thing that I'm really passionate about - Football / Soccer (Whatever you wanna call it)

I am an ardent follower of the Great Game and I love 'The Reds' ... for those who are unfamiliar, the Mighty Liverpool.

I'm curious to know how many Liverpool fans there actually are running around MeisterLand....

If you're not a scouse by heart - Who do you support?

Nate

Being from Merseyside I support Everton. It's the law. OK, OK, but it should be.

A couple of Bad results the last few games - But one thing you cannot deny is the Class of Steven Gerrard... Captain fantastic - Hat-trick against our local rivals :)

Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back