Strictly Movies

Watched "The Dead Don't Die" the other night. All I can say is....what was I thinking? I have seen Adam Driver in quite a few films, and like him a lot, and I also thought Bill Murray, Danny Glover, Tilda Swinton, Steve Buscemi et al were very good, so the problem wasn't the actors.

It was just a very strange, disjointed script with 'in-jokes' that - mostly - were not very funny at all. Also it borrowed outrageously from other movies/TV series, so there wasn't much originality either.

And the worst crime of all? It wasn't even scary!

"In the Shadow of the Moon" and "In The Tall Grass" are on my To Watch list. Just have to finish The Night Manager first.

I was a bit dissapointed about Fractured. I watched a very good movie a week ago : Yesterday. I also liked : El Camino , a breaking bad movie.
My favourite movie this year : BRIGHTBURN 2019.

I was a bit dissapointed about Fractured. I watched a very good movie a week ago : Yesterday. I also liked : El Camino , a breaking bad movie.
My favourite movie this year : BRIGHTBURN 2019.

I found it very interesting especially after watching a horrid movie before that called A.M.I lol

I just looked up Brightburn will have to add to my list. :)

I have been watching a few good movies on Netflix lately :thumbsup:

Fracture
In the shadow of the moon
In the tall grass

In the shadow of the moon was fun but some things in the story didn't make much sense.
I will see tall grass tonight and also Fracture 2007 with Anthony Hopkins, and Ryan Gosling looks interesting :)

Well, Joker turned out to be thoroughly great.

A rare feat in Hollywood of well-shot, well-acted, not-too-preachy and no snappy 1-liners every two minutes :eek:

Joaquin Phoenix kills it and gives a complete masterclass. He will get an Oscar for this, if not, I'll storm the ceremony

Well, Joker turned out to be thoroughly great.

A rare feat in Hollywood of well-shot, well-acted, not-too-preachy and no snappy 1-liners every two minutes :eek:

Joaquin Phoenix kills it and gives a complete masterclass. He will get an Oscar for this, if not, I'll storm the ceremony

I am so looking forward to watch that movie, I am glad you say it was good :thumbsup:

I am so looking forward to watch that movie, I am glad you say it was good :thumbsup:
It's more a well-crafted portrayal of mental illness than any superhero capers. The Joker is almost secondary to the overall arc!

It's truly stupendous, even if just for the main performance :cool:

Did you watch it at the cinema? I think its out here in the cinema now :D
Yes, just caught it yesterday. Lucky I checked too, because I was under the assumption of blockbusters hanging around for a couple of months.

But no, they tend to pull films about 3 weeks in :eek: so we were lucky. Not sure if it's a cinema-ey film but the way the score heightens the atmosphere it's definitely worth catching there.

And even the local feral chavs kept quiet throughout the film, which tells you everything :eek:

He is too pretty to be batman but will see :eek2:
:puke:

But actually, reading about his other movie just released, 'The Lighthouse', that looks interesting for sure. It's supposed to be very good, as is his turn in it, so he may well be a credible actor after all!

Just came out in the States so won't be here 'til January

:puke:

But actually, reading about his other movie just released, 'The Lighthouse', that looks interesting for sure. It's supposed to be very good, as is his turn in it, so he may well be a credible actor after all!

Just came out in the States so won't be here 'til January

Funny you mentioned Lighthouse as I was just watching the trailer before, it sure looks dark which I really love.
Not too pretty in that one is he lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back